Just Venting

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Michael_in_DE
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by smitty37g
So I took my car to the dealer,...
Well there's your first problem. Does your warranty say you can ONLY take it to the stealership?

Originally Posted by smitty37g
they drained some fluid out, and reprogrammed it.
...Bushing not covered...
Door button no fix.cost me $144

So you paid $144 for them to take some oil out, and "reprogram" the tranny? I thought the tranny reprogram was a recall item. Good thing you got the warranty.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:08 AM
smitty37g

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The trans reprogramming is a TSB, not a recall.
The warranty can be used anywhere, but you cannot get just the factory style bushing, it only comes as the frame assembly. The warranty will not do a part that is not similar to factory, like the Z1 bushings.

Also the warranty has covered my power steering rack and fuel dampeners and the gauge cluster when the LED bulbs went out...

So i have gotten more them my moneys worth. Plus in still covered till 2020 or 100k miles.. and 8m at 63k.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:36 AM
smitty37g

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OMG, I found out that I can no longer use my Hypertech on my car since the transmission ECU update. Seems like they also updated the engines ECU as well... So it now pops the fuse every time I try it.. and it told me to update the hypertech. So I connect it to my PC to check for new update. It goes thru the motions and tells me that my cars programming is not supported..

I know get an uprev, but I only use the Hypertech to remove the 0-60 and raise the speed limiter, for some reason the engine program makes my exhaust whistle, so I dont use it. oooh well I guess Ill get the cold air intakes and get an uprev, eventually..