G37 Sedan

2012 55th Anniversary G37S 6MT cars built?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 11:52 AM
nicaland
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2012 55th Anniversary G37S 6MT cars built?

I have been trying to find out how many 2012 55th Anniversary G37S 6MT cars were produced for some time now with no luck. I recently contacted Infinity directly and have been told that they do not have access to that information, which is, to say the least hard to believe! Although I can no longer find an article that detailed how many total cars with this specification were sold with auto and manual trans, I believe it was something less than 11,000. Does anybody out there know how many were built/sold with the 6 speed manual transmission? I am a newbie on this forum, and apologize if I am not following the correct protocol with this post.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Baby Jumpman
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2010-20 year anniversary
2011-limited edition
2012-also limited edition but no Monaco red interior.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
There is nothing "limited" about the vast majority of "limited" models.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:43 PM
nicaland
Registered Member

Thank you Jumpman for your quick response to my post. I most certainly stand to be corrected! The description of my car, or what I believe it to be, is wrong. I should have stated it to be a " 2012 55th LIMITED edition". A link to the article that I found on infinityg37.com that has lead me to believe that my car "may" be one of these is here: 2012 Infiniti G37 Sedan Limited Edition Specifications and information

The description in the article of the US version says that 400 US G37 2012 Limited editions were produced, all as automatics and were essentially modified Journeys with most if not all of the S spec options. There is no mention of a manual transmission being available, however the Nissan Skyline version built as a 55th Limited Edition also produced in 2012 and detailed in the article referenced above does state that a manual transmission was available, as well as a coupe and convertible model with this designation. Perhaps a 6MT version of the G37 US spec car was available but not mentioned in the article.

My car looks exactly like the photos that appear in this article, with the same front valance, blacked out front grill, black on black color combo and powder coated 18" Enkei wheels with the S series big brakes. Although not shown, my car also has a rear spoiler that eliminates the ugly chromed upper trunk lid insert, and is most definitely a 6MT car.
It is very possible that my car has been modified to essentially clone the 55th limited edition model, but Infinity Corp. tells me that they do not have any information that would confirm or deny that this is the case.

I apologize for the confusion caused by my post's title, and hope that correcting this and supplying the addition info above can help you, or anybody else out there for that matter help me figure out just what I have here.

Best Regards,
Nicaland
Old 05-02-2018, 01:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,708 Likes on 3,516 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
There is nothing "limited" about the vast majority of "limited" models.
Yep. Nissan is fond of bundling options into a "limited" version car.

Special wheels... meh. However, the 2010 Anniversary Edition, and the 2011 Limited Edition, those cars had red leather. Not my cup of tea, but certainly something unique.

OP, for the 2012 Limited, I think the only thing that sets it apart from a fully optioned 6MT Sedan are the wheels.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-02-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:52 PM
nicaland
Registered Member

According to the article I referenced earlier, the Monaco red interior was only available on the Skyline version and the black interior was the only option on the G37 55th limited version, which again is like my car.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:25 PM
nicaland
Registered Member

Thank you Rochester for your comments, and I agree that Nissan, as well as other manufacturers, use the word "Limited" on their products primarily as marketing gimmicks. I'm just trying to find out exactly just what it is that I have bought for my personal edification, and my quest has become quite the puzzle. Although I did manage to initially contact the prior owner that made several modifications to the car, including a RJM-AFP clutch pedal assembly, CNC Helmolzt equipped test pipes, a racing line Y-pipe, Top speed axle back exhaust, and Tein S springs, he has not responded to my subsequent attempts to hopefully clarify if whether or not this is truly one of the 400 limited produced, which regardless of whether or not this model offers significant performance improvements can most definitely affect it's value in the future.

As I said in my initial post, I really love this car and expect to be hanging on to it for a long time. As it sits right now with it's current mods it's almost perfect, but I do plan to replace the CNC test pipes with a set of ARK hi-flow cats, also with Helmholzt resonators that were included when I purchased the car, in hopes that I will be able to suck the exhaust system up a half inch or so and quiet it down just a tad. As it stands right now it's just a bit too low and too loud for my tastes.

Anyway, back to my initial request: Do you guys think this is one of the 400 2012 55th limited version cars, and if so does anybody know how many, if any, of these were 6MT versions?
Thanks again for your comments!
Old 05-02-2018, 02:37 PM
nicaland
Registered Member

I just re-read the article I had previously referred to, and now believe that the car I have could very well be basically a G37S 6MT clone of the Limited version, as not only the limited is described as being available with an auto, but also that it is equipped with AWD, and my car is RWD. Looks like I probably have been chasing up the wrong tree, I'm afraid.....
Old 05-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by nicaland
...whether or not this model offers significant performance improvements can most definitely affect it's value in the future.
No performance improvements. The power train was rated at 328hp all years of the sedan (2009 - 2014) and 330hp for the Coupe (2008 - 2015). The only version of the VQ37HR which got a power bump was the IPL. That's it. Pretty consistent stuff.

Would having a "limited edition" affect future value? Not in any significant way, IMO, unless you had red leather in good condition. The most significant identifying component to your model is that you have the 6MT Sedan, which was pretty rare on its own.

2012 Infiniti G37 Sedan Specifications | Infinitihelp.com

...and my car is RWD.
...with a viscous limited slip differential. So you got that going for you.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
which regardless of whether or not this model offers significant performance improvements can most definitely affect it's value in the future.
Doubtful that the "limited" edition is going to drive any incremental value.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:21 PM
nicaland
Registered Member

Thanks Rochester. I do know that the 6MT sedan is pretty rare, as I certainly had a hard time finding them, and was very lucky coming across one that was pretty close to me with low mileage and in a color combo that I liked. This car with the black on black color scheme, tinted widows, blacked out chrome, and powder coated wheels, plus being lowered, is pretty mean and menacing looking, (and sounding!) for sure.

This is my first Nissan product, and I'm quite impressed. Although I have owned several other performance cars in my life, including USA big muscle, I have primarily been a BMW fan, having owned 12 in the past, including several 2002's in various state of tune with two full on SCCA race cars, a 2000CS, a 3.0 CS, two 635CSI coupes, a Grey Market Euro spec M635, and my current '96 (E-36) M-3 coupe. The M-3 is starting to get long of tooth and as they have finally started to increase in value I decided to store it for now and buy another driver. Started looking a E-46 M-3's, then 335I's, I ran across several comparisons with the G series. looked at coupes first, but after discovering that the same drivetrain was in the sedans, which were also lighter, stiffer, and could actually sit 2 adults in the rear seats, so I focused on them, with a manual tranny an absolute requirement.

My M-3 is set up with basically a track suspension, and is the finest handling street car at the limit that I have ever owned, bar none. In comparison, the G37S as currently set up has sliightly less tactual steering and throttle feel, only slightly so, a tiny bit more front body roll (I will put a bigger front roll bar on it, at which point I can back off my higher front tire pressures that currently compensate for the Tien S softer than stock rear springs and resulting understeer tendencies). That said however, the Infinity pulls almost the same lateral G's, is a tiny bit faster, has better brakes, and offers an incredibly higher level of comfort. An amazing combo of a supple, compliant ride plus near 50/50 flingability. Plus, I expect that Japanese reliability will be a big plus in the future!
Old 05-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

The other thing about your car you might not know about... the RWD Sport Package came with a close-ratio steering rack. Much better than otherwise.

Anyway, sounds like you know you chit. Cool. Welcome to the forum.
The following users liked this post:
nicaland (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Baby Jumpman
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
Old 05-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
Nice find!

Limited Edition 9-spoke staggered wheel on the top car, but duckfeet on the bottom one, and chinless.

That's weird.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:47 PM
nicaland
Registered Member

Hey Rochester,
I just saw and looked at the infinityhelp.com link you sent me and that solved my quest as to what I have for sure. So, my car IS INDEED a G37S 6MT with the front valance, blacked out front grill, rear spoiler, and charcoal powder coated wheels from what is probably from the Limited parts bin. I suppose these could be aftermarket as well and the wheels powder coated later, but don't know the aftermarket products available yet. Thanks bud!

Quick Reply: 2012 55th Anniversary G37S 6MT cars built?