G37 Sedan

Single exit exhaust for 2013 g37x sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 10:32 PM
Arnel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single exit exhaust for 2013 g37x sedan

Anybody know if any exhausts that are single exit for a sedan g37x year 2013? Links please
Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Tomei

Not sure why you would want. I would imagine it will fit.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/exhaus...er-p-6915.html
Old 11-29-2017, 12:01 AM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
I don't think there are any off the shelf single exits for our car. Probably wouldn't be terrible costly to have a shop fab up something from the y-pipe back. But why? Just like the look?
Old 11-29-2017, 12:49 AM
Arnel

Originally Posted by Crazyirish
I don't think there are any off the shelf single exits for our car. Probably wouldn't be terrible costly to have a shop fab up something from the y-pipe back. But why? Just like the look?
Just for looks haha I guess I’ll keep looking and ask if some shops 👌🏻
Old 11-29-2017, 06:58 PM
Arnel

Originally Posted by Crazyirish
do think think I could get an exhauSt that was made for the coupe version in 2013 and then just buy an extender ? Which size would I need?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I had mine custom made and it sounds epic
Old 11-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Arnel
do think think I could get an exhauSt that was made for the coupe version in 2013 and then just buy an extender ? Which size would I need?
I think in the other similar thread you started someone posted a link to their custom sedan tomei exhaust. Probably your best bet. An extender will likely bave to be custom made regardless.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:18 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by Banshee
I had mine custom made and it sounds epic
Can confirm.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:32 AM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Arnel
You could probably get by with any 350z/370z Tomei single exit. Since you’re AWD, this is going to be much more of a pain in the ***. You’ll either have to commit to making it work with the stock y-pipe and having an extender fabbed up, or that along with a custom y-pipe, since I’m pretty sure no one except GT Haus makes a y-pipe specific to the x sedan that’s available OTS. Member Duma (sp?) here did a custom Tomei for his sedan and called them directly for a custom extender/test pipe set. From what I remember his entire catback exhaust (maybe incl cats) is Tomei titanium.

If you choose to go this route, I think reaching out to the folks at Tomei USA would be worthwhile, they could probably talk you through some options, from what Kevin (Duma) said they were incredibly helpful. He works for a very reputable tuning shop though, so custom orders from vendors might be something easier to come by for him than you, FWIW.

You'll likely need a 16” extension for the sedan, maybe bigger if memory serves. If it were me and Tomei didn’t decide to fab up an extension for you, I would carefully consider where to get it done. Your best bet would be to consult with an actual race shop that does custom fabrications and not just some random muffler shop or Midas. You aren’t spending your money to get JDM titanium goodness just to spoil it by throwing in a steel extender pipe. Most race shops that do their own fabrications have worked with titanium before and are likely WAY more competent and precise with their work. It’ll cost you though, but if you’re hell-bent on getting it done, that shouldn’t be too much of a deterrent.

Hell, I paid 2k for a Motordyne catback that I’m currently hacking to pieces.

Last edited by Wellnotexactly; 11-30-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Whatmyname

I purchased a single exit exhaust for a 370Z from ISR racing along with a 12 inch extension pipe, and gave it to a shop to make it fit. Minimal modification (some cutting and re-welding but no additional pipe needed). It from the Y back.

End result is it looks great and sounds even better than I imagined. All for less than $600 total which is about the price of most Y backs anyways.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:38 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Whatmyname
I purchased a single exit exhaust for a 370Z from ISR racing along with a 12 inch extension pipe, and gave it to a shop to make it fit. Minimal modification (some cutting and re-welding but no additional pipe needed). It from the Y back.

End result is it looks great and sounds even better than I imagined. All for less than $600 total which is about the price of most Y backs anyways.
sedan?
post pics of setup so we can see what's needed for op
Old 12-03-2017, 01:19 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Whatmyname

Please post pictures. if my motordyne breaks, I am considering this option.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:15 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
sedan?
post pics of setup so we can see what's needed for op
Originally Posted by MaQG37
Please post pictures. if my motordyne breaks, I am considering this option.
If you guys look at his most recent posts, he describes and post a few pics of his setup in the Sedan thread. He might post more here but there are a few already in the Sedan Exhaust thread
Old 12-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

IF you want a single exit just do this. Go to an exhaust shop, hoist up the car on the lift and just literally explain to the welder what you want. I told my guy exactly where to bend it, what angle what pipe size where to weld the hangers and all that. You also get to pick your muffler which is good. I absolutely LOVE my HKS. It's huge, aggressive, quiet when cruising and I swear it screams like all hell when I let it.

edit: Also, you get to pick what resonators, what size and where and how many to include in the setup. I have one 12 inch glasspack that totally got rid of MOST of the rasp compared to other setups I've heard. Mine has rasp at a very narrow RPM band. Probably due to my ebay test pipes and stock y-pipe.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Photos of it. Little dirty and not great angles but it is what was on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails Single exit exhaust for 2013 g37x sedan-20171012_175546.jpg   Single exit exhaust for 2013 g37x sedan-20171012_175551.jpg