G37 Sedan

Grille wrapping opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 AM
Rhudson

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Grille wrapping opinion

I have a friend that works at an exotic car repair shop and recommends wrapping all of my chrome instead of painting. Wanted to hear out a few more opinions, he will be performing the work professionally. Are there really any benefits to painting a piece rather than wrapping it?

I have a black 12 sedan and literally can't stand to look at the chrome anymore and was also looking for grille ideas.

By the way, this forum has been helpful in so many aspects, I just can't decide on a material or style in which to delete my chrome.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:55 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Dipped mine, and wrapped mine. Wrap produced the better look IMO and if done correctly it is good for 12 years. Paint would be more expensive I'd imagine. If wrapping black or whatever vinyl you'd want is cheaper that's the route I'd go with. Other members have painted the outer most section of the grille to match OEM body color and then got the middle slats painted black and that looks very good as well.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Rhudson

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Dipped mine, and wrapped mine. Wrap produced the better look IMO and if done correctly it is good for 12 years. Paint would be more expensive I'd imagine. If wrapping black or whatever vinyl you'd want is cheaper that's the route I'd go with. Other members have painted the outer most section of the grille to match OEM body color and then got the middle slats painted black and that looks very good as well.
Yeah the only style that looked really good to me with the black cars was the grille fully done black, but done to match OEM. When the blacks are two different colors it doesn't look right to me.