G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 07:13 PM
TurbRev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm considering an American muscle car. Been looking at Chargers, Challengers, Mustang GT, and Camaros
Old 04-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Couldn’t do it unless someone “gave” me a Hellcat or 1LE...
Old 04-13-2018, 10:51 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
I wouldn't mind if they weren't so big. As big as they are they should be sedans. They're all about as big as the G
Old 04-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by future62
I wouldn't mind if they weren't so big. As big as they are they should be sedans. They're all about as big as the G
Sadly, this.

A Challenger SRT tips that scales at almost 4300 pounds. I could realistically put child/booster seats in a Challenger, but it's an absolute boat. I can't imagine it being much fun to throw around corners

I'd actually prefer a somewhat smaller and lighter car.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
The other day I saw yet another BMW M2 on the road, watching it from a number of angles as we drove from one stop light to the next. And once again, afterwards, I found myself researching the M2 online, thinking I could really like that car. I know this might be the second or third time I've said this, but it just happened again, so...

And for the very first time last week, on the highway, I found myself appreciating this car that I couldn't identify until I was right on top of it. That Alfa Romeo Giulia sure is appealing.

Meh. It's all so pointless for me now. College costs are about to break us.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
NH G37xS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The camaro feels like it is about the same size as the G, and perhaps a tad lighter. The Challenger feels enormous.

I work for Enterprise Rent-a-Car and have the freedom to take many makes and models for quick drives.

I've driven both a Challenger R/T and a Camaro SS 2017 models. To me they both felt entirely different from each other. The challenger is heavy and handles like a boat, but it makes a ton of great noises and I did still enjoy driving it. The Camaro SS was a heck of a car and I would totally consider one if I could afford it and had room for a winter beater. It is mind blowingly fast and handles great. It does not feel clumsy and floaty like the challenger. And the interior has gotten mixed reviews but I liked it a lot.

Haven't driven a Mustang GT yet.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:32 AM
future62

Only one I would consider is the Rustang, and that's still too big. M235i/240iA is probably as roomy inside and is a 12 second car out of the box. Plenty for the street, especially the way it's delivered.

Not sure if I asked before, but does anyone have any experiences with C6 Corvettes? Specifically Grand Sports?
Old 04-13-2018, 12:19 PM
future62

Man, I just looked it up. I thought the ~15 GT was way faster than the M2xxi... no, they are both right around 13 seconds through the quarter. Pretty wild
Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Man, I just looked it up. I thought the ~15 GT was way faster than the M2xxi... no, they are both right around 13 seconds through the quarter. Pretty wild
I'd love to find a way to make a Mustang GT work, maybe a gently used 2018 in a few years as a 3rd car for my mid-life crisis

The 2018 brings a 7400 rpm red line and a 12.6 quarter.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...al-test-review
Old 04-13-2018, 02:37 PM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The other day I saw yet another BMW M2 on the road, watching it from a number of angles as we drove from one stop light to the next. And once again, afterwards, I found myself researching the M2 online, thinking I could really like that car. I know this might be the second or third time I've said this, but it just happened again, so...

And for the very first time last week, on the highway, I found myself appreciating this car that I couldn't identify until I was right on top of it. That Alfa Romeo Giulia sure is appealing.

i see the alfa's every now and again in boston and i stop and look every time...such a beaut
Old 04-13-2018, 03:37 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

That M2 is a car that I did not like in pictures, but it sure looks a lot better in person. They have 3 of them across the street from my work tempting me... The pics of the M2 Competition sure look good. It will probably be amazing in person.

I am surprised to hear that you like the Alfa now. I know earlier when I mentioned it you said you did not like the look. Was that kind of like me with the M2 where you only saw pics and it looks better in person?
Old 04-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I am surprised to hear that you like the Alfa now. I know earlier when I mentioned it you said you did not like the look. Was that kind of like me with the M2 where you only saw pics and it looks better in person?
I'm surprised, too. Prior to seeing it in the wild, my only exposure was at the auto show. Prior to that, I actually liked the online representations, and was eager to see it in person. But in person I was actually disappointed, and came away from the auto show unimpressed, thinking only the top-of-the-line version would be worthy, and it was otherwise a little over-styled for what it was.

But on the road, I found myself admiring the design.

IDK, man. Maybe I shouldn't speak in absolutes so much, particularly if I'm willing to change my opinions. Sue me.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:17 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
The previous 2 years at the Milwaukee Auto Show they have had a beautiful red Quadrifoglio parked in the same spot that my friend and I have drooled over for great lengths of time. This year we both thought it was the same car until we opened the door and the trim looked different. Apparently, you can get a more basic version of the Quadrifoglio with the same wheels and body kit. Still looks great and fooled both of us for a minute.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:03 AM
ninja_please80
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Does anybody view going from a G37 sedan auto to G37 sedan 6 speed an upgrade or more like a lateral move? After all these years I still love the look of +10 sport sedan but I have love/hate relationship with the automatic.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ninja_please80
Does anybody view going from a G37 sedan auto to G37 sedan 6 speed an upgrade or more like a lateral move? After all these years I still love the look of +10 sport sedan but I have love/hate relationship with the automatic.
Depends on the auto. If it's a journey Sport, than no, same car. If it's an xS, then also no, from a tech/lux POV. But if it's a common AWD, or a non-Sport Journey, then yes, it's an upgrade all around.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?