G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Imagine how good our cars would be with the new twin turbo Q engine.
I'll plop down my money on a new twin turbo Q50 the day it becomes available with a 6MT.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:53 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I'll plop down my money on a new twin turbo Q50 the day it becomes available with a 6MT.
YES!! I am really hoping this engine eventually makes it into a new Nissan Z car... sometime in the next decade
Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

YES!! I am really hoping this engine eventually makes it into a new Nissan Z car... sometime in the next decade
I need room for car seats, so no Z car for me
Old 03-06-2018, 12:02 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I need room for car seats, so no Z car for me
By the time they finally release the damn thing your kids will probably be well out of car seats.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Or the Q60. If the Q60 had a 6MT, it would be on the next car list somewhere.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts

I know the Kia Stinger is getting some good reviews and it has a similar twin turbo engine from the Genesis, but it is so butt scar ugly. The front and back end could not be less cohesive and cheap looking- as are the wheels. However, I saw one in black at the Milwaukee Auto show with different (optional?) wheels and it actually did not look too bad.
lol, really?, I kinda like it better than the stinger.... without all the fake hood vent crap, but I see what you mean when i look at the front fascia...reminds me of a catfish and the genesis coupe which I hate so much.... black is my colour of choice so I'm willing to give it chance and see it in person...

Originally Posted by Rochester
Or the Q60. If the Q60 had a 6MT, it would be on the next car list somewhere.
I feel like they're never gonna do it for the Q50/60...but there's hope that it'll end up in a new Z...if they don't jsut kill the Z

The Genesis G70 is confirmed as coming to Canada with the 6mt, but so far as I can tell only with the 4cylinder...

Honestly, I could go for a q50RS with a new 8speed auto...just not this 7 speed (although beefed up) they have stuck with...
Old 03-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
I think if I ever bought myself a AT car again, I'd be wanting a DCT.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:24 PM
gian13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think i will go for the 2019 qx50. Gray with black wheels. really digging that new body style. 4 cylinder engine to save in gas too !
Old 03-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

By the time they finally release the damn thing your kids will probably be well out of car seats.
I wish, but my youngest was premature and is <1% for height and weight, at 6, she is still in a full car seat and 6 pounds off moving to a booster. I think I'm going to be in car seats and boosters for some time.

Agreed.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
I was thinking the same for a while, but it seems the single clutch 8 speeds (I'm thinking of the modern ZF) in many other manufacturers cars have really gotten a lot better...like a lot better since our cars came out...the jump in price for most DCT options seem to lack in value....a better regular auto at similar price points to the G/Q sedans is more attractive, for me anyways YMMV...I'm even surprised at how good my 5 speed auto is in my G even on the track (it seems to do better than in the street for me anyways) and is still significantly more peasant than the 7 speed in the G37s and Q50s that I have driven....I think this is more of testament of how bad I think the 7 speed auto is.

anyways, man, I'm going to be bummed when I have to replace my G...but at my mileage I cant hold onto it forever and I need to plan for the inevitable...

Last edited by Baadnewsburr; 03-06-2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: tried to clarify my garbled post for readability lol
Old 03-06-2018, 02:08 PM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I know the Kia Stinger is getting some good reviews and it has a similar twin turbo engine from the Genesis, but it is so butt scar ugly. The front and back end could not be less cohesive and cheap looking- as are the wheels. However, I saw one in black at the Milwaukee Auto show with different (optional?) wheels and it actually did not look too bad.
hahahaha "butt scar ugly" is a new one
Old 03-06-2018, 02:08 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
lol, really?, I kinda like it better than the stinger.... without all the fake hood vent crap, but I see what you mean when i look at the front fascia...reminds me of a catfish and the genesis coupe which I hate so much.... black is my colour of choice so I'm willing to give it chance and see it in person...
That's what I meant- I like the more refined styling of the Genesis. It seems a lot more cohesive. The Stinger seems to have a front and back end grafted on from 2 different cars- let alone the weird vent in front of the front doors and the wrap around tail light.

I keep trying to talk myself into the RS3 with the DCT, but I'm not quite there yet. It seems strange that a lot of companies are making A/T's that actually shift faster than a DCT now.

Originally Posted by Hashim
I was thinking the same for a while, but it seems the single clutch 8 speeds (I'm thinking of the modern ZF) in many other manufacturers cars have really gotten a lot better...like a lot better since our cars came out...
Strange isn't it?
Old 03-06-2018, 02:10 PM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
sorry for the multiple responses not consolidated, but honestly i will def make sure i test drive the QX70 sport. Very different from the G sedan im currently driving, but always loved that car, back when it was the FX
Old 03-06-2018, 06:40 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
I don't think they make the QX70 anymore.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:45 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
As much as I'd like to hold my car for a while (probably another 5 or so), a Q50 6MT would be pretty tough to resist. It's basically a Japanese S4, the perfect formula (to me)

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?