G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 12:02 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
you crack me up all the time

Anyway, back to worthy G37 replacements. It sounds like I could be #4 or #5 on the Civic Type R list. Not sure what kind of timeline that would be, but I should know more next week.
The following users liked this post:
iCrap (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 03:22 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
I must be missing something... but to me it looks like a updated/ glamorized Accord Crosstour from 10 years ago...

NOT that there is anything wrong with that... far cry from "sporty." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I admit I am highly biased, anything more than 2 doors and I'm out- which is why I left Honda in the first place decades ago...
View this post on Instagram

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

This thread is such a rollercoaster, from OMG the Nissan Leaf is performance car of the year it just needs tires -> to looking at the Integra Type-S to replace the perfectly balanced low center of gravity torque monster.

On a serious note, I absolutely love how the new Type-R looks outside of the rear spoiler. The Red interior is such a great touch, a throwback to previous gens and to me personally it doesn't add to the boy racer look roo much. In general I like cars with red interiors but this one happens to be a Civic with a big wing. To me the only downside to the car is the FWD but other than that, I think it's a great value (especially longterm, regardless if you drive a lot or not).
Lego_Maniac (02-19-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 04:56 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RobC7
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWNS-e-L..._web_copy_link

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

This thread is such a rollercoaster, from OMG the Nissan Leaf is performance car of the year it just needs tires -> to looking at the Integra Type-S to replace the perfectly balanced low center of gravity torque monster.

On a serious note, I absolutely love how the new Type-R looks outside of the rear spoiler. The Red interior is such a great touch, a throwback to previous gens and to me personally it doesn't add to the boy racer look roo much. In general I like cars with red interiors but this one happens to be a Civic with a big wing. To me the only downside to the car is the FWD but other than that, I think it's a great value (especially longterm, regardless if you drive a lot or not).
I guess the outline profile is similar if you completely ignore everything in the middle of both cars as well as the front and rear overhangs, but let's be honest- if you have trouble differentiating an Integra Type S and a Crosstour, you are simply not a car guy.

A Leaf the performance car of the year... hardly. I had a crazy idea that I can make a Leaf handle really well with sticky tires while I order something more fun and wait for it to come in. That's still the plan, but glad I can keep you entertained. Just be glad I only post like 1/10th of the crazy car ideas I have. I think I have some sort of car guy condition where my mind never stops thinking of interesting car projects and posting a few of those ideas here is good therapy for me. lol

I think the Type R is a huge improvement in the style department compared to the last generation too. But seriously, who doesn't? I have been going back and forth on colors and today I am leaning toward black to make it a touch more understated. I'm ok with the looks of the spoiler because I know it is functional, but I hate the fact that it probably means I cannot take it through my work car wash. I found out today that I am #3 on my Honda stores Type R order list. Who knows how long that means I have to wait, but I bet it is quite a while.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:51 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
<mumbles something about a Subaru Justy AWD with the flat 6 and an exo-cage for rallying>...
Old 02-21-2023, 03:33 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rotarymike
<mumbles something about a Subaru Justy AWD with the flat 6 and an exo-cage for rallying>...
You're not wrong. I'm not even going to mention the 10 different cars I have researched extensively in probably just the last 12 hours. But I am always on the lookout for a clean Subaru GC8 restomod. To this day I still think the 22B is the best looking car they ever made.
SupraOfDoom (02-21-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 07:23 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
You're not wrong. I'm not even going to mention the 10 different cars I have researched extensively in probably just the last 12 hours. But I am always on the lookout for a clean Subaru GC8 restomod. To this day I still think the 22B is the best looking car they ever made.
That's the truth right there. Perfection.
4DRZ (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 06:33 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/K1Y...ru-impreza-wrx
Old 02-25-2023, 10:32 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I saw that monstrosity the other day. It looks good from a distance, but it is a little too much of a hacked together pep boys special for me.

Old 02-25-2023, 11:16 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I saw that monstrosity the other day. It looks good from a distance, but it is a little too much of a hacked together pep boys special for me.
I think it's pretty typical for a Japanese modified car. I like it because it's very period correct mods.
Old 02-25-2023, 12:32 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I think it's pretty typical for a Japanese modified car. I like it because it's very period correct mods.
To each their own, but the clean ones that have been taken care of look nothing like this inside. The generic pedal covers, shift ****, steering wheel, adhesive and holes on the dash, a second tach and dvd player mounted where the passenger will knock their knees on it and all the exposed wires are not for me. It does look decent from the outside though.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:58 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

I am just as interested in Japanese car culture as I am Japanese cars. There straight forward no F's given approach to modding is something I wish Americans would do more often. I like clean cars as much as you guys do, believe me, but I also respect efficient and functional without the need to always look clean. I was a pretty big player in the A70 Supra scene, despite never finishing a single build. I spent hours up at night sifting through Japanese websites before it was easy to translate them, ordered countless items from yahoo auctions Japan, and reached out to many companies that didn't ship internationally to try and snag rare or hard to get items. This means I was exposed to a large amount of wild ways that Japanese modded cars. There was something special how inclusive and extreme you could be in Japan and not judged for it. In America there is much more machoness, strictness, and judgement. I myself was guilty of it at one point in time, but now I am as relaxed as ever. I just love cars, and I respect anyone who is passionate about them.

Anyway, I'm just trying to explain why things like that don't bother me. My favorite channel on youtube is probably noriyaro, an Australian who has been living in Japan apart of their car culture for a long time. Also I love car themes, so when I mention period correct mods, that's something you often see at car shows in Japan. Those mods I've literally seen on old school MK3 Supra's so it's quite fitting that you'd find them on an old Subaru as well.

Atowsley (03-27-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 08:22 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Engine bay is still red, so the blue is a repaint. I'm surprised they didn't at least clean off the adhesive residue on the dash before listing it. I'm sure it would be a fun car though,
Old 02-27-2023, 10:45 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
https://www.autoblog.com/2023/02/27/nissan-z-nismo/

Looks like it will be released as a 2025, which makes sense since they can't make enough regular Zs to sell.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:51 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by RobC7
https://www.autoblog.com/2023/02/27/nissan-z-nismo/

Looks like it will be released as a 2025, which makes sense since they can't make enough regular Zs to sell.
Wasn't the last Nismo Z only a 20 hp bump also?
Old 02-27-2023, 12:03 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

I have a few mods left for my G but after that I will be saving for the new Z. I like the idea of a bolt on turn key car that I won't fiddle with too much to go well with a project car.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?