G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 04:23 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
I've got the Magma red nappa leather in mine, it's so nice looking.
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 04:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
I wonder if the Ionic6 is going to sell? Very interesting looking, both awesome and WTF at the same time.

Anyone actually see one in person yet?
Old 02-16-2023, 05:09 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I think the new CTR looks worlds better than the prior generation--especially in black, as it looks even more subdued, and helps to minimize the spoiler. I could actually live with the red seats, it's the red carpeting and black rear seats that just make it overdone and mismatched. I didn't know there was going to be an Integra Type R, but that should hopefully solve the looks issue even further. If my R got hit by a bus tomorrow, the CTR and ITR would be pretty high on my replacement list.

Speaking of red interiors, if you're looking S4, have you seen the magma red leather? Definitely recommend looking at the S5 for the hatchback versatility. 21.8 vs 12 cubic feet is a HUGE difference. We rock a A4 for our 'family car' and vacations are doable, but packing is a game of Tetris. I'd love to have the extra capacity of the sportback.
I just compared pics of last get Civic Type R to the current one. Wow, what a difference (and improvement)! The black is definitely more subdued, but almost too much with the black wheels. It would still be my pick between black and red. I am almost leaning toward the famous Championship White because I think it is a good contrast with the black wheels and they actually tie in nicely with all the other black accents. That seems hard to do right on white. Ironic that I am even considering white since I swore off the color after all the time spent removing rail dust on my white G37. Is Championship white at least metallic on the Type R. It looks to be in some photos, but I cannot tell exactly.

The magma red leather is definitely different, but I am not a huge fan of leather since it is always too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and too slippery around corners. No, I would get an S4 with the suede inserts. I think we talked about the S5 before. I do love the versatility of the hatch, but for some weird reason I really prefer the styling of the S4 over the S5. If I got an S4 I think I would actually get the bright red since it is such a sleeper and it is such a rare color on that car compared to the countless S4's in gray, black, and silver I always see.

Old 02-16-2023, 05:44 PM
BillyTheMan
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Anyone else like the lexus rcf? I dunno if i could afford it anytime soon but that 5.0 looks pretty good, especially with fully forged internals and titanium valves from the factory. There's the isf if you prefer 4 doors, seen one earlier today actually. Heard mixed reviews on the 8 speed auto though.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:51 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,318 Likes on 1,069 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I must be missing something... but to me it looks like a updated/ glamorized Accord Crosstour from 10 years ago...

NOT that there is anything wrong with that... far cry from "sporty." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I admit I am highly biased, anything more than 2 doors and I'm out- which is why I left Honda in the first place decades ago...

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 02-16-2023 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 07:46 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
I must be missing something... but to me it looks like a updated/ glamorized Accord Crosstour from 10 years ago...
No, fortunately the Type R looks nothing like that Crosstour atrocity to me. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. 4 doors are a lot easier for my family and I agree it is difficult to find a sporty 4 door that does everything well, but this is the closest equivalent I could find to a sports car swiss army knife.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:14 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts
Yeah the new Si and Type R are a win in my book.
4DRZ (02-17-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 09:30 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
4 doors are a lot easier for my family and I agree it is difficult to find a sporty 4 door that does everything well, but this is the closest equivalent I could find to a sports car swiss army knife.
<cough>mk7 golf r<cough>

Old 02-17-2023, 10:35 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

<cough>mk7 golf r<cough>
That's a very good car too. I would do a new 20th anniversary Golf R if anything, but it sounds like that is impossible from either of my stores. I do like the AWD, but I really dislike leather seats and the haptic controls on that car. The haptic stuff is not an absolute deal breaker for me, but it sounds like I will not be able to get one period. That may be the same case for the Civic Type R (team lead for that brand is out until Mon), but I am definitely on the list in spot #2 for an Integra Type S which should be a better fit without the big spoiler and bright red seats. Fingers crossed it is available without leather and not too much more than the Type R Civic...
Old 02-17-2023, 02:56 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I wonder if the Ionic6 is going to sell? Very interesting looking, both awesome and WTF at the same time.

Anyone actually see one in person yet?
Kia/Hyundai needs to get their act together. Last I read upwards of 9 or 10 mil cars will be getting that "software" fix to combat vehicle thefts. That's a huge burden on dealerships. It seems the company tries to cut corners where ever it can then ends up paying the price.

I'm still fairly happy with the stinger but we'll see how well the car ages. Only ~18 months old right now. Not sure what I would buy if i were buying again. 2023 is the last year for it too.
Old 02-17-2023, 02:58 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

That's a very good car too. I would do a new 20th anniversary Golf R if anything, but it sounds like that is impossible from either of my stores. I do like the AWD, but I really dislike leather seats and the haptic controls on that car. The haptic stuff is not an absolute deal breaker for me, but it sounds like I will not be able to get one period. That may be the same case for the Civic Type R (team lead for that brand is out until Mon), but I am definitely on the list in spot #2 for an Integra Type S which should be a better fit without the big spoiler and bright red seats. Fingers crossed it is available without leather and not too much more than the Type R Civic...
20th Anniversary is the MK8, hence my reference to the MK7. Seats? C'mon man, you're no stranger to swapping seats. ROW gets all the good stuff.....

Old 02-17-2023, 05:36 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

20th Anniversary is the MK8, hence my reference to the MK7. Seats? C'mon man, you're no stranger to swapping seats. ROW gets all the good stuff.....

Yes, I prefer the MK8's handling, performance, and style. Then again sitting next to something as aggressive as the new Civic Type R it does look a bit pedestrian. Oh, I can definitely swap seats, but would much prefer not to have to. It's funny you post that pic since one of the first things I would probably do to a Golf R is put suede inserts in the seats. I would still give the A/C seats a fair shot in the summer, but I bet one winter with freezing cold seats would change my mind. What is ROW?
iCrap (02-18-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 07:53 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

I would still give the A/C seats a fair shot in the summer, but I bet one winter with freezing cold seats would change my mind. What is ROW?
They aren’t really air conditioned. They’re ventilated, which in VAG speak, means a vent and a fan. Still, they blow cool air but they’re kind of noisy.

they’re heated seats rock though. Things like obd11 let you adjust the intensity.

Rest of World. Sorry, inner geek speak
Old 02-18-2023, 10:38 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

They aren’t really air conditioned. They’re ventilated, which in VAG speak, means a vent and a fan. Still, they blow cool air but they’re kind of noisy.

they’re heated seats rock though. Things like obd11 let you adjust the intensity.

Rest of World. Sorry, inner geek speak
I prefer the term "gear head," but I am with you on the "geek speak." Like when you corrected me for calling the seats air conditioned and then turned right around and said that they blow cool air- literally the definition of air conditioned. lol you crack me up sometimes.
iCrap (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:09 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

lol you crack me up sometimes.
you crack me up all the time
The following 2 users liked this post by Lego_Maniac:
4DRZ (02-18-2023), iCrap (02-18-2023)

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?