G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 02:55 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by JSolo
@4DRZ Given the car sold so fast must mean you weren't asking enough for it..... ?

Did you get what you paid for it or more?
I definitely was asking more than average, but definitely less that what the one guy who reached out to me about it was willing to pay. I think we were both pretty lucky to find each other when we did. I sold it for more than I paid for it.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:55 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I definitely was asking more than average, but definitely less that what the one guy who reached out to me about it was willing to pay. I think we were both pretty lucky to find each other when we did. I sold it for more than I paid for it.
That's ultimately what matters .....even with inflation
Old 01-27-2023, 04:28 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JSolo
That's ultimately what matters .....even with inflation
I was just shocked how quickly it sold and to someone so local. It is such a niche vehicle I honestly did not think I would sell it until March. It has been listed online for a week and a half now and the guy who bought it is still the only one to contact me.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
It's kismet. Pay it forward with a fair deal for both parties and move on.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:03 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Well, my G just sold today
I got $5600 for it, lower than i wanted but within the last month the KBB value dropped another $1000, so I can take what I can get at this point. It's almost a 16 year old car.

TPMS light was on for 1 sensor, and my front brake pads were half worn. In retrospect I should have just thrown some new pads on there, but whatever. He used those to get the price down, and honestly the car wasn't getting much interest from anyone else. I still think selling the stock wheels separate was a better move because it would have cost me much more to buy new tires, sensors, and mount compared to what I would have gotten back out of it.

Sad day.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:27 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Well, my G just sold today
I got $5600 for it, lower than i wanted but within the last month the KBB value dropped another $1000, so I can take what I can get at this point. It's almost a 16 year old car.

TPMS light was on for 1 sensor, and my front brake pads were half worn. In retrospect I should have just thrown some new pads on there, but whatever. He used those to get the price down, and honestly the car wasn't getting much interest from anyone else. I still think selling the stock wheels separate was a better move because it would have cost me much more to buy new tires, sensors, and mount compared to what I would have gotten back out of it.

Sad day.
I tried to convince the wife about getting your car but we're saving for a house so it was a hard sell. Had I known you would have taken that little for it I would have maybe been able to convince her lol. I miss my daily G during winter time so much. Are you planning on remaining active here?
The following users liked this post:
iCrap (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 02:38 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I tried to convince the wife about getting your car but we're saving for a house so it was a hard sell. Had I known you would have taken that little for it I would have maybe been able to convince her lol. I miss my daily G during winter time so much. Are you planning on remaining active here?
I honestly wanted around 6500-7 for it, but like I said the KBB value dropped HARD since I initially listed it, and it was just sitting there taking up space after a while since I've been driving the Audi anyways. I tried to get 6100 out of the guy but he just wasn't having it, whatever.

I'll be lurking around here but probably less I'm sure (The Audi forums are pretty boring though). I still have a bunch of parts I need to get rid of as well.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:50 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Wonder what this is, could be interesting.

With the current state of nissan I expect a Z with a battery bank hot glued to the bottom of it.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:14 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,068 Posts
Probably this "Max-Out EV" thing: Nissan Max-Out Concept
Originally Posted by iCrap
With the current state of nissan I expect a Z with a battery bank hot glued to the bottom of it.
That's the sum of it all, Zed notwithstanding.

And with it being a "concept" it will likely never hit the pavement. Like the Giulia Coupe, the Black Edition Q60, the NSX Spider, etc. That list is endless which is why I pay little attention to any of the "concept" rumors.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 02-16-2023 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Looks like a prototype Vert based on the new Z.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:44 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts
I was really hoping that Q60 Black S would have came out. That with a six speed and I wouldn't think twice about the Z.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:29 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 294 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I was really hoping that Q60 Black S would have came out. That with a six speed and I wouldn't think twice about the Z.
That would only happen if they wanted to do something special for the enthusiast. Nissan is more focused on products that will be help grow the brand and make it more profitable.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:45 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

This news will probably interest no one except Rochester and even at that I think "interest" is a pretty strong word. So I ordered a set of black Konig Backbone wheels in the factory size (yes all 16" of fury) for the Leaf so that I could keep the oem tires and TPMS sensors for winter driving since the skinny little 205 all-season tires are actually decent in the snow. They were ridiculously light at 14 lbs. shaving an unbelievable 6 lbs. off/corner and they were inexpensive. However, the spoke design does not come close to the lip so they look even smaller than 16" in person and the black just makes them look like I took the hub caps off.

Fortunately, the guys at Discount Tire were nice enough to let me return the wheels for a store credit which I plan to use on a nice set of 17" wheels with sticky summer tires later this month. In the meantime I took my wife's 18" Sentra SR wheels with the machined face and installed them on the Leaf. A huge improvement over stock and they actually fit like they came from the factory. Unfortunately they add about 8 lbs/corner. Good enough for now...

Konig

Sentra 18"
Old 02-09-2023, 05:59 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Anyone read Car & Driver's Lightning Lap 2023 for ideas for new cars? Wow, did tires make a big difference this year. The Audi RS3 finally puts down some good numbers and they shaved nearly 10 seconds/lap off by switching to the near race rubber Pirellis! The Civic Type R with it's 265/35's is nearly as fast as an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with RWD and nearly 200 more hp? The humble looking BMW 240i is just barely faster than the last generation M4 and a Porsche Cayman with a GT3 motor is within 2 seconds of the new Z06. The only one I didn't understand was the Kona N being faster than the much more track focused Elantra N because the Elantra had "worn tires." Usually when I was on track the closer your tires were to slicks, the faster you went. Maybe they were showing cords??

Article: https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ning-lap-2023/

Old 02-10-2023, 08:46 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Anyone read Car & Driver's Lightning Lap 2023 for ideas for new cars? Wow, did tires make a big difference this year. The Audi RS3 finally puts down some good numbers and they shaved nearly 10 seconds/lap off by switching to the near race rubber Pirellis! The Civic Type R with it's 265/35's is nearly as fast as an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with RWD and nearly 200 more hp? The humble looking BMW 240i is just barely faster than the last generation M4 and a Porsche Cayman with a GT3 motor is within 2 seconds of the new Z06. The only one I didn't understand was the Kona N being faster than the much more track focused Elantra N because the Elantra had "worn tires." Usually when I was on track the closer your tires were to slicks, the faster you went. Maybe they were showing cords??

Article: https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ning-lap-2023/

If the tires were that worn, why wouldn't they just put new tires on so it's fair...? Someone I work with just got the Elantra N and he loves it.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?