G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 07:05 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
We got this Audi Q5E (hybrid) yesterday for my parents, I drove it back 2 hours from the dealership... it's very nice. The color is called "district green"
At low speeds the car seems to almost always drive in EV mode, but it's pretty seamless when the gas engine kicks in. I averaged almost 40MPG on my 2 hour drive. The hybrid drivetrain also gives it quite a bit of power, apparently 0-60 is 4.7 seconds, so it's literally faster than my G. It does feel pretty fast in sport mode.

The car market is definitely cooling off now - we were able to get 4K off MSRP. Most dealers were charging MSRP while only 1 that I talked to was going to charge me a 4-5k "market adjustment." I told them good luck with that.

The following 2 users liked this post by iCrap:
abrecos (12-25-2022), Rochester (12-28-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 07:54 PM
BillyTheMan
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Car market is definitely getting better. A guy at work had been looking at getting a camaro or vette and we look over cargurus on break and I've seen a lot of the prices dropped by $1k or $2k over the last 2 months. On the other hand there's a guy on Craigslist selling a clean but stock s10 xtreme for $22k
Old 12-25-2022, 04:06 PM
EZBMR
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably a hybrid

My next car will probably be a hybrid. I bought my G Nov 2016. Poor thing needs to tein kit installed and probably most of the rubber bushings. Have 217k on it. Bought the BG kit, will see how that works. Back in 2016 there were many cars that I was thinking about. One of the ones was a Mercedes 2005 320 CDI, it was only $2500, it would probably be worth twice that much now.

I'm working from home and as far as I know that will continue. I would love to have one of the new Corvettes, doesn't even need to be the Z06, there are a couple vehicles I lean towards. One being a RAV4 hybrid the other one being a Ford Maverick. I love the thought of being able to carry stuff. I'd like to put some beefy wheels and tires on one and maybe some kind of lift. It would cut into the mileage but it would still get better mileage than my g. I could haul some stuff in the back. They are about as big as a ranger in the tailgate.

I also like the Volkswagen golf r. I wonder how sturdy the 4 cylinder is but it's got a lot of luxury features. Obviously the used car markets starting to drop, it was pretty insane I think a lot of it was helped out by people like carvana out bidding everybody. I've never had a all-wheel drive vehicle so it would be fun. I love the potential of having something without staggered tires so they can be rotated and last longer. My michelins are very close to the wear bars in the back. I found a guy selling some AS4s, he's got four of them. I know that the fronts will take a 245 but I have plenty of treads still on my as threes maybe I'll just have it as a second set. I do also think of possibly selling the as3 to lower the cost of the install.

Anything I get in the will have a hatch. I wish I had decided on something with a hatch back then. I was looking at gti's in 2016. I was looking at a lot of things because I said to myself you can get anything you want. I met a guy who bought himself a 2003 SL55. He had to do a bunch of work to it but what a sweet ride
Old 12-28-2022, 10:51 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
We got this Audi Q5E (hybrid) yesterday for my parents, I drove it back 2 hours from the dealership... it's very nice. The color is called "district green"
At low speeds the car seems to almost always drive in EV mode, but it's pretty seamless when the gas engine kicks in. I averaged almost 40MPG on my 2 hour drive. The hybrid drivetrain also gives it quite a bit of power, apparently 0-60 is 4.7 seconds, so it's literally faster than my G. It does feel pretty fast in sport mode.

The car market is definitely cooling off now - we were able to get 4K off MSRP. Most dealers were charging MSRP while only 1 that I talked to was going to charge me a 4-5k "market adjustment." I told them good luck with that.

Lots of dealers still trying to take advantage and lots of private party sellers are dreaming they can get a fortune for their cars.

Audi looks sharp, I keep saying they need to make more green cars. The color looks stunning!
The following users liked this post:
iCrap (01-04-2023)
Old 12-28-2022, 10:36 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
Wild what happened with the car market (new and used), glad things are returning to normal although pretty slowly

Back in 2013, it seemed some dealers were struggling with 6mt models staying on their lots. Bought mine new for 37k, sticker was 44k. Feel like the market is still far away from seeing this deep of a discount
Old 01-04-2023, 12:58 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyTheMan
I'd recommend speedlogix for charger suspension as well. They have really good strut tower braces among and just about any suspension and support you could want for them. Hhp has some good suspension parts too. You might want to make an account on chargerforums.com. lots of good information there. My charger corners pretty good too, it's fun when I'd race a smaller tuner car and they'd be surprised when I could take the corners as well as their little civic or tc.
I made an account before I even made the purchase lol I did a poll and asked some questions to get an idea of what charger owners thought of it.
The only mod I'm going to be doing anytime soon is exhaust cause it's been way too quiet. But it just sprung an exhaust leak somewhere around one of the mufflers so I'm gonna be getting that done sooner than later. Long term though, I plan to build it to be a street machine that is an awesome daily but also worthy of autocross events once in a while. I'd use the steelies that are on it now for winter tires then some good aftermarket wheels for summer/track tires.
The following users liked this post:
BillyTheMan (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 01:01 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Wild what happened with the car market (new and used), glad things are returning to normal although pretty slowly

Back in 2013, it seemed some dealers were struggling with 6mt models staying on their lots. Bought mine new for 37k, sticker was 44k. Feel like the market is still far away from seeing this deep of a discount
Anything sporty with a manual is going at least $10k over MSRP right now. I want to see what ford dealers are gonna do with the 2024 S650 GT's.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:25 PM
backman_66
Registered Member

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
Bored at work today and I've been looking at E90 M3s with that beautiful 8,300rpm 4.0L V8. Such a sweet sounding motor!

I have no plans to get rid of my G whatsoever, but this car would be pretty sweet to own. With a Valvetronic exhaust, it can be tame when needed but open up and sound amazing when you want to play.

Maybe I'll replace my wife's Chevy Cruze with it and let her DD it with the auto and I'll keep my 6MT G37 best of both worlds!

The F80 M3 with the TT setup doesn't interest me even though it's said to be the superior car in terms of performance. I am more of an overall driving experience guy, the visceral, raw feelings and audible tones you get. That high-revving V8 from the E90 would be very satisfying. I've always believed there's no real use to have any more than 400ish HP on a street car anyway. Anything more than that is just bonus points but will get you into trouble more easily.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:39 PM
BillyTheMan
Registered Member

I've been looking at euro cars with lots of cylinders the past few days. Always been intrigued by v10 and v12 cars just for the uniqueness. I love the look of the BMW e38 750 especially with the v12. Audi s6 with the 5.2 v10 has plenty of power but doesn't look great in my opinion but i like the awd vs the bmw. Between driving the g37 and my charger I'd much rather daily an awd especially in the winter.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:41 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

The Audi S6 V10 is a nightmare car, highly suggest to avoid that one.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:18 PM
BillyTheMan
Registered Member

Is the engine that bad to maintain or the rest of the car? I've heard most euro cars have solid mechanics but the electronics go out and cause lots of other issues.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:53 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

From what i've read on those its both honestly. Its a cool car but its a nightmare. And those require engine out services at some point too i think. BMW V10s and V8s both have issues with rod bearings as well, and I don't know much about the V12s.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:48 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
The Audi S6 V10 is a nightmare car, highly suggest to avoid that one.
Pretty sure the M3 V8 is too.

Personally I’d rather a FBO 6MT G or 370 for the lower cost and reliability.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:51 PM
backman_66
Registered Member

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
I've read that you'll definitely need to replace the rod bearings in the m3, but after that it's pretty solid.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:18 PM
Muck_Man
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by backman_66
I've read that you'll definitely need to replace the rod bearings in the m3, but after that it's pretty solid.
I've heard that the rod bearings are a factory scheduled replacement as well. Does anyone know if the B58 engines have that same issue? Such a great engine, it would be a shame if it had the problem as well.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?