G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 11:18 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
@4DRZ you sure you want to drive that car during winter??
Old 08-16-2022, 11:20 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Someone would have to make them in order to clear large calipers. That's not a given.
Diamond : Diamond Custom Wheel

Why not bespoke?
Old 08-16-2022, 12:23 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
That is a good collection of photos. The tech bronze wheels almost look gray on the gray CT5 in the 1st pic. The wheels seem to contrast the blue the best and look a bit more gold on that paint color. Those wheels do look really good on red too.

I am really torn as the car looks so badass in black with black rims and that option is a bit cheaper- not like it matters that much when you look at the total price. I also dread having to clean 20 spoke wheels vs. 10 spoke. Hmmm.... Are you getting a CT5 or CT4? I was trying to justify a CT5 simply because of the motor by thinking well, if I add both carbon packages to the CT4 it is only another $10k to get a CT5...

By the way, the 2023 CT4-V Blackwing does seem like the perfect natural replacement for my '13 G37S 6 spd. sedan. And what an awesome improvement in 10 years of development!
Black looks phenomenal without a doubt but after the C7 I don't want to deal with it anymore. It also had black wheels which would turn brown after a drive or two due to all the brake dust.

The CT5 is a no brainer for me, I love the LS/LT platform, and the extra space is exactly what I need with 2 kids at home. The CT5 is now quite a bit more expensive since they raised the base price 7k for the 23MY.

Remember CF is on constraint, adding any CF package can delay your order a very long time. Lots of people had to roll their order from a 22 to a 23 because of this.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:48 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by JSolo
^^It's been ~2 months since I last washed the stinger. It's the ceramic silver color. Not quite a dirt impervious as KAD. Still after 2 months hard to see much dirt other than the dead bugs on the front end.

That's a cool color, wish GM offered something similar.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:52 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Gm has something called matrix gray

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/05...-world-photos/

Kind of sort of similar. These colors are an acquired taste. Still reminds me of primer.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:10 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
@4DRZ you sure you want to drive that car during winter??
I would much rather have AWD in the snow, but I am hoping the stability control settings make it slightly better than the G37S in snow with dedicated snow tires. And no, I would not run steel rims on a Blackwing. Then again, maybe I could get some that let very little snow inside the wheels when I am sliding around in the snow. Maybe you guys are onto something with steel rims. Nah, too ugly for me. Haha!

Originally Posted by RobC7
Black looks phenomenal without a doubt but after the C7 I don't want to deal with it anymore. It also had black wheels which would turn brown after a drive or two due to all the brake dust.

The CT5 is a no brainer for me, I love the LS/LT platform, and the extra space is exactly what I need with 2 kids at home. The CT5 is now quite a bit more expensive since they raised the base price 7k for the 23MY.
I am a little bummed that the black on this car is not metallic. My STI might be the most metallic black I have ever seen and it manages to look clean a lot longer as a result. Wow, I did not realize the CT5 Blackwing increased so much. It looks more like a $5k base price increase, but that is still significant.

Gm has something called matrix gray

Kind of sort of similar. These colors are an acquired taste. Still reminds me of primer.
Yeah it seems like everyone has some version of this new matte gray. I also refer to it as "primer." Not for me.
Old 08-18-2022, 12:44 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

^^The primer color grew on me. I didn't have much choice at the time; black, white or primer. I refuse to buy a black car, and don't care much for white cars. It looks better in person than in pic. There's fine metal flake within, so it's not a purely flat primer .
Old 08-18-2022, 06:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Yeah it seems like everyone has some version of this new matte gray. I also refer to it as "primer." Not for me.
In person, these "primer" colors makes a great first impression with me, not sure shy. Maybe because it's different.

However, first impressions get old quick, and after running my eyes over it a bit, opinions change. Not sure why that is either.

In car news, did anybody read this yesterday? https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...rt-concept-ev/

OMG, want that!

Last edited by Rochester; 08-18-2022 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:42 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

^^What's next, an EV camaro/corvette!?@#
Old 08-18-2022, 12:37 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
^^What's next, an EV camaro/corvette!?@#
corvette

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/corvette-ev
Old 08-18-2022, 12:38 PM
rs98
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just bought an S5 Sportback to replace my G. It's definitely a very different animal, but I'm excited for the tunability.
The following users liked this post:
4DRZ (08-18-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 12:48 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Sad.. No thanks... Pass.

Old 08-18-2022, 01:45 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
In car news, did anybody read this yesterday? https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...rt-concept-ev/

OMG, want that!
Does look kind of cool, but I would never buy a dodge.

Also, the fake v8 idle noise and revving noise is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard in my life. Seriously, why. 126db of fake noise.
Oh, and lets not forget the fake shifting.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:13 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by rs98
Just bought an S5 Sportback to replace my G. It's definitely a very different animal, but I'm excited for the tunability.

Pics? Stage 1 or JB4 would be a healthy upgrade.

If I knew my wife was going to go from driving 20K a year to 10K, I'd have gone S4 or S5 instead of A4.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:22 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
^^The primer color grew on me. I didn't have much choice at the time; black, white or primer. I refuse to buy a black car, and don't care much for white cars. It looks better in person than in pic. There's fine metal flake within, so it's not a purely flat primer .
That's good that there is a bit of metallic in your color. I think Audi RS models were the 1st with this "primer gray" color and it was a really flat color. I did not like it. Nissan made their version a little bit glossier and there is a little bit of metal flake metallic that comes out in the sun. Probably very similar to your Kia.

OMG, want that!
I saw the headline yesterday and went right past it since I am not a huge charger fan, but everyone was talking about it at work today. I am curious to see how they do with the "exhaust" sound. I am reminded of the video of the Tesla with the helltrack soundtrack and how fake that sounded because it was just a lumpy idle and did not change with speed. I am sure this new electric Dodge will be a lot more realistic sounding.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?