G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 11:47 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
If buying back is an option in your State, I would recommend doing that.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Temporary_Fix5
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you. Yes it is, but a rebuilt title is a huge hassle and not cheap. I’d sooner look for a new G and transfer the mods. I don’t think it’ll be too hard, but finding a healthy power train will be difficult as most are abused around here. The Craigslist /Facebook marketplace search begins….
Old 04-07-2022, 03:55 PM
Siege37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
M2 would be on my radar, only prob is no BMW dealer within a reasonable drive

Spoiler

Old 04-11-2022, 04:01 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
So some serious 1st world problems here that could use the expert advice of car guys like you. I have a lead on a Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and I am trying to figure out how to order the options if and when the order gets picked up. I like suede on my seats, steering wheel, etc, because of the temperature extremes we have here with our frigid winters and hot & humid summers.

So my first choice for seats is the upgraded sport seats with the suede inserts. My 2nd choice is actually the light gray quilted leather because it adds a massaging seat (nice!), A/C to the seats, suede headliner, and suede door inserts. The quilted leather also comes in black, which I think looks boring, but I could replace it with perforated suede inserts. The light gray leather looks cool, but I would probably be stuck with the leather because I think it would be impossible to match that color with suede insert replacements. And yes, I would get the suede steering wheel and suede shifter as well as the red seat belts. Thoughts?

1st choice is the suede inserts which I think look the best and provide the best grip as well as resistance to extreme heat & cold. They also save $2,500, but I give up the massaging seats which I think would be awesome, A/C seats (needed with leather), and a suede headliner and suede door inserts.

2nd choice is the light gray inserts which add the A/C seats, massaging seats, suede headliner, suede door inserts, and additional red trim that I think looks nice. The only bad thing is that if I decide to add custom suede inserts in the middle of the seat to add more grip and better extreme heat and cold resistance, I think this light gray color would be impossible to match.

3rd choice is the black quilted leather that turns the red trim on the seats above white, but otherwise has all the same benefits of the light gray seats above and it would be easier to match custom suede inserts if the heated and cooled seats do not kick in quick enough.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:03 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
STI + CT4-V blackwing.. Must be nice

I stay away from white (light colored) seats regardless of material. They won't be white for long.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:44 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Before I make a judgement, what exterior color are you leaning towards?
Old 04-11-2022, 05:42 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jsolo
STI + CT4-V blackwing.. Must be nice

I stay away from white (light colored) seats regardless of material. They won't be white for long.
No this would be replacing the STI which makes it a tough decision as I really like the Type RA, but I feel like this is a very limited opportunity for the Blackwing. Normally, I would completely agree with the light interior, but it looks really cool to me for some reason with the extra red stitching/piping. I would put AutoArmor on it so it would be protected/warrantied against stains. Then again, looking at the larger CT5-V Blackwing maybe I could get away with putting black suede inserts in the center of the front light gray seats if the leather gets too hot/cold/slippery.

Originally Posted by RobC7
Before I make a judgement, what exterior color are you leaning towards?
To me it looks best in black with the gray wheels (shows less of the brake dust which I am sure to accumulate a lot of on track) and the red calipers like the one below. (Mine would not get the carbon package- at least initially)

Old 04-11-2022, 05:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
We're having our roof replaced, and one of the crew drove up in a Caddy ATS Coupe 2.0T. Looking at that car all day out in front of the house... made me appreciate it a little more. Nice looking car.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:10 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
We're having our roof replaced, and one of the crew drove up in a Caddy ATS Coupe 2.0T. Looking at that car all day out in front of the house... made me appreciate it a little more. Nice looking car.
I must be getting old because as attractive as the coupe is, it always seemed to have weird proportions to me compared to the sedan- same thing with the M3.

Anyway, you can probably appreciate my attempt at ordering a Blackwing after reading this thread for so many years while I completely failed to find a used ATS-V sedan 6spd with the performance data recorder, Recaros, and luxury package. With so many personalized options I figured my best bet was just to order what I want rather than roll the dice on trying to find one used in a few years.

You have the light gray interior on your G. What is your take on these Blackwing seat options (see above)?
Old 04-11-2022, 07:15 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo

This. I’ve never seen a light colored interior age well.

If I do decide to go for it, I’d get the tan leather and black. Love that sort of baseball glove leather color.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:46 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I agree, but for some strange reason I am attracted to that light gray. Maybe just because it is so different. I can protect it with Auto Armor or replace it with black suede inserts at some point. But honestly, knowing me I will probably not keep it long enough to wear out the leather.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:37 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

If I do decide to go for it, I’d get the tan leather and black. Love that sort of baseball glove leather color.
Same. I like the stone leather interior on my G, but it's actually much more white than grey. The saddle brown leather in my wife's car, however... freaking gorgeous. Saddle brown with black plastics and brush aluminum accents... perfect combo.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-12-2022 at 07:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 10:04 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Don't go white leather. Although you'll probably replace it in a couple years anyway with something even more baller so it will be fine in your ownership I'm sure? If this is the car though, then I'd say option 3.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:12 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
I'd say option 3.
Thanks for your vote! Is there a way to put up a poll to cast votes like on other forums? Actually I think that only works for the entire thread. Nevermind.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:32 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
No this would be replacing the STI which makes it a tough decision as I really like the Type RA, but I feel like this is a very limited opportunity for the Blackwing. Normally, I would completely agree with the light interior, but it looks really cool to me for some reason with the extra red stitching/piping. I would put AutoArmor on it so it would be protected/warrantied against stains. Then again, looking at the larger CT5-V Blackwing maybe I could get away with putting black suede inserts in the center of the front light gray seats if the leather gets too hot/cold/slippery.

To me it looks best in black with the gray wheels (shows less of the brake dust which I am sure to accumulate a lot of on track) and the red calipers like the one below. (Mine would not get the carbon package- at least initially)

If you like the white seats that much, I think you should just go for it. I don't think I would be afraid of the white since I take extreme care of my cars. Have you considered the 'tan/brown' option?

I love Black but after a few black cars I am tired of seeing all of the dust and inevitable swirl marks. I am surprised you don't want the Magnesium wheels, GM charges $600 for black wheels so upgrading to the magnesium set is only an extra $900. Seems like a no brainer to me. Also, CF is constantly on constraints so if you want to get a car sooner than later you may want to opt out of CF goodies.

I'm still some ways from taking the plunge on the CT5BW but thankfully 2023 is confirmed and GM will most likely keep building them through 2024 at the very least. My build at this time is as follows:
- CT5-V BW 6 Speed Manual
- Infrared Red (also considering Blaze Orange Metallic or Wave Metallic Blue - brake/seatbelt color would be changed if I consider these colors)
- Carbon Fiber 1 package (CF front splitter, fender deflectors, and raised rear spoiler)
- Red Brakes
- Red Seatbelts
- Suede steering wheel & shifter (roof & door card suede is standard)
- Upgraded Seats, all black with Suede backs
- Parking package
- Magnesium Wheels

The most difficult choice will be the color of the car. If GM makes a dark green metallic, I may me tempted to get that with Tan inserts. If they made red leather seats, I would be tempted to get a black car again....

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?