G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:24 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
Doubt the car would get very far without front shafts. B13 Sentra hubs collapse when rolling the car without shafts.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 AM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Agreed. But I could go AWD

god that is beautiful
Old 11-08-2017, 11:57 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I had an Evo X right before I got my G. Just go sit in one and take a long look at the interior before you pull the trigger.

I had the dash of my Evo carbon fiber wrapped and put suede inserts in the doors and had the material on the shift boot, armrest and e-brake and it still looked like a plastic playskool toy compared to the Infiniti.

Due to their relatively low production numbers and discontinuation, the Evo is also significantly more expensive than a similar G.
*Sigh* I don't believe I could ever do it... It's more of a 'man that car is probably a blast to drive' and less of a 'I really want it' feeling.

Buyer's remorse would more than likely set in. I had a 2013 Lancer SE so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect for the cheap interior. You pay for the drivetrain; plain and simple. For $30k there's just little there to justify it in my eyes. Most are used and abused also. Maybe if I was 5 years younger with minimal fiscal responsibilities...oh yeaaa.

The more complete packages such as the RS5, GT350, C63, etc... are what makes my heart race anymore. Perfection out of the box basically but I'd grab a little project car for fun; kind of like the situation I have now.

Who knows though. I really like the G and if I can drive it for another 2-3 years and decide I can DD it for another 2-3 without major issues I wouldn't hesitate to scoop up a stock-ish EVO X for $15-20k
Old 11-08-2017, 12:07 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

To add to the thread, these look very nice at 400 whp /475 tq

Old 11-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts

Old 11-08-2017, 12:34 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
So many things about that interior that bug me. And i wish they would have integrated the big screen into the dash. Looks like a big iPad that someone stuck on there.

I also don't get the price. Fully loaded it costs pretty much the same as a Model S, right?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:34 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

I think the Model 3 has some cool features but the interior, IMO, is nothing to write home about and the Ipad/center council is...awful. For a long range model and other commodities you're price jumps to $50k range and at that point I'm not sure it would be at the top of my list.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
So many things about that interior that bug me. And i wish they would have integrated the big screen into the dash. Looks like a big iPad that someone stuck on there.

I also don't get the price. Fully loaded it costs pretty much the same as a Model S, right?
I believe when fully loaded its cost is similar to the entry level P85, but don't quote me on that. I also don't like the extreme minimalism of the interior, and I don't care for a non-integrated screen. I've a friend with a P100d, and I'm not impressed with its interior, either.

Quibble, b1tch, it's still pretty cool. And we know the OP likes the Leaf.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:30 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I agree with respect to the interior. I get why ever car manufacturer is doing it, but the execution here is probably the worst. Makes the car feel very sterile. At the very least, if they were pushing all the tech, they could have mounted the screen a bit lower (more in-line to a traditional center stack), and threw up a HUGE heads-up display (a la new Lexus LS). Keeps all the important stuff in line of sight, while having everything else sophisticated tucked away.

When it comes to price, I would guess a fully loaded one will be ~$65k. But you really can't compare it to a Model S, which starts (no options and lowest battery) at $60k. You can bet a lot of people will cross shop this with a 340i and a Giulia Ti or something. And I also bet that the midrange pull that Doug is talking about is pretty significant. Probably "feels" better than anything else in this class. Add in the fact that you never have to worry about getting gas (assuming you charge at home) and the average soccer mom will love this as a point A to point B vehicle.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Shekaar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I had an Evo X right before I got my G. Just go sit in one and take a long look at the interior before you pull the trigger.

I had the dash of my Evo carbon fiber wrapped and put suede inserts in the doors and had the material on the shift boot, armrest and e-brake and it still looked like a plastic playskool toy compared to the Infiniti.

Due to their relatively low production numbers and discontinuation, the Evo is also significantly more expensive than a similar G.
Yea I owned my base X GSR for 4 years before I sold it, I'm intimately familiar with the cheap plastic interior. Even worse than that was the miniature trunk with no folding rear seats.

That said, there's just something about the car I love SO much. There's nothing in the same price range that gives that driving satisfaction for me, and I've driven lots of different cars. If I ever do get one again, it'll be my weekend toy with something a hell of a lot more comfortable for my daily commute!
Old 11-09-2017, 01:57 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Interior of tesla 3 reminds me of a nice bus.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:42 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Shekaar
Yea I owned my base X GSR for 4 years before I sold it, I'm intimately familiar with the cheap plastic interior. Even worse than that was the miniature trunk with no folding rear seats.

That said, there's just something about the car I love SO much. There's nothing in the same price range that gives that driving satisfaction for me, and I've driven lots of different cars. If I ever do get one again, it'll be my weekend toy with something a hell of a lot more comfortable for my daily commute!
Yeah the trunk is small in the Evo, but I lived with it because I knew it was due to all the electronics for the active yaw control. Or at least I was ok with it until I started running faster lap times with active yaw control deactivated.

The Evo is a lot of fun to drive and has fantastic steering and brakes and is easy to tune. However, I much prefer the significantly better sound of the engine, quality of the materials inside, ride quality, stereo, options and size of the trunk of the G37.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 PM
yonith

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the Genesis G70 or Kia Stinger will be my next car. I'm just hoping my coil overs last another year or two so I'll be able to grab one slightly used.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Seen the Cadillac ATS-V last night. Carbon package, HUD, and the Brembo's looked massive. With a few mods and a tune you can easily be in the 500whp club
Old 11-15-2017, 02:53 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
What would you guys say would be a good step up replacement for a 2010 G37S Coupe AT non nav? I want all the features I have now plus nav and better performance. Kinda of leaning towards a sedan but will consider a coupe. And my budget is 30k out the door.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?