G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 01:48 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
I would of preferred KAD, but kia has no KAD. Available color palette below. This one was straight off the truck, 12 miles at start of test drive, just under 40 when returned. No sunroof on this so one less potential headache down the line.

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?-t5t0j0o.png

The panthera metal is darker than KAD. Too dark actually for my preference. Micro blue looks pretty nice but not available from this dealer. I had to drive about 60 miles away to get a deal below msrp. Local ones are inflating to $3-4K over msrp - market adjustment bs.

panthera metal - https://www.kiastinger.org/data/atta...33aec61e51.jpg

Ascott green looks good too - https://thekoreancarblog.com/wp-cont..._wm-scaled.jpg

high chroma red - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...29_5.23.18.jpg
A bit too red for my taste.

micro blue - https://image.ibb.co/mUbeTR/2018_kia_stinger7.jpg

Old 08-10-2021, 04:24 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 274 Posts
Nice!!! I don't know what I am ore envious about, the wonderful looks, regular fuel or the fuel economy!
The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (08-11-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 05:51 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
There's one in my work parking lot that is the dull grey color - I'm guessing ceramic silver. Nice looking car, but the color isn't my thing. :shrug: Micro blue and the black are more my speed.

It needs a BMW blue - the deep indigo metallic color. Or deep metallic british racing green - shape wise would remind me of a BMW 850.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Nice car!

Turbo 4s are nice around town because of the low rpm torque. And they sip fuel on the highway. Win/Win

Burger Motorsports offers the JB4 (piggyback stage 1, popular in the BMW/VAG communities) that would bring a nice power bump for relatively cheap.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:11 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

@rotarymike I hear you on the color. It really took some time for it to grow on me. It's such an odd shade of gray, primer like. It grew on me as I kept watching more reviews done using that color.

Not looking for more power yet. Need to finish breakin and get a good feel for what its capable of. Then decide if I need more. I don't race light to light an more. Need good passing power on the hwy and 2lane backroads, and to power out of corners.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:23 PM
RA081224
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by RobC7
I think I've watched 3-4 different reviews and they have been very positive. Sounds like GM hit it out of the park with this one!

Really looking forward to the CT5 reviews. I do have the opportunity for ordering one, I just need to figure out how I would pay for it.
I've been watching the 2022 Cadillac models for some time now but am still holding out for a used CTS-V or possibly the CT5-V Blackwing. My affair with the G is about as much 6 cylinder love as I can muster and am finding myself longing for a real exhaust note and V8 feel. I will be test driving the new Blackwing models as soon as my dealer gives me a call

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing | Sport Sedan | Model Overview
2GoRNot2G (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 12:55 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Once you drink the V8 kool - aid it's really hard to go the other way. Some have gone reverse, 80-90s V8 to awesome four and six cylinders, but modern V8s are a treat; and soon to be extinct.
2GoRNot2G (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 01:41 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

I made sure not to test drive the more powerful option (3.3L twin turbo). Knew I'd probably want it. Did drive it back in 2019. Was impressed with performance but wanted rwd (one I got is awd). How things change just a few years later. Next time around I'm sure combustion engine choices will be more limited.

That caddy will probably become a classic in a few decades.
Old 08-16-2021, 11:57 AM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I feel like having more horsepower only ever whets my appetite for more than that, lol. And I don't race stoplight to stoplight either. When I bought my G it was fast, then I wanted more. Then I tuned my Golf R and it was ludicrous, and now I wonder if it's down on power. I appreciate the ability to put the car into any space without question about achieving the speed, and being able to get around people quickly on 2-lanes, and just gunning it to 60 from time to time is fun. And, I live where there are some fairly remote, emtpy twisty sections of road, so I can have a good time there as well.

I had one blast of a drive in my G just a few days before the insurance company took it away. I didn't get up to speeds all that high, but I drove it like it had already been totaled. (it had been) It was all squealing tires and hot brake smell and redline scream and pure joy. A highly recommended experience.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:29 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

The one car that I've driven that made me think 'too much power' was a Neon SRT-4 with Stage 3 mods and race gas. Couldn't get it to hook up in any gear, at all. Was giggle-worthy but not terribly practical (unless you needed to create slicks from normal tires, quickly).

Everything else, including some high-HP custom corvettes, has made me always want a bit more. I know that practically speaking 350-400 on the street is a sanity limit, but... I don't always drive on the street. Now, I've not driven anything exotic, so YMMV if you can afford a new Bugatti.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:33 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
The one car that I've driven that made me think 'too much power' was a Neon SRT-4 with Stage 3 mods and race gas. Couldn't get it to hook up in any gear, at all. Was giggle-worthy but not terribly practical (unless you needed to create slicks from normal tires, quickly).

Everything else, including some high-HP custom corvettes, has made me always want a bit more. I know that practically speaking 350-400 on the street is a sanity limit, but... I don't always drive on the street. Now, I've not driven anything exotic, so YMMV if you can afford a new Bugatti.
For me it was years ago with an old, modified 944 Turbo. Too much racecar, not enough street.

Same theme you're getting at. There's a thin line that once crossed it stops being fun and starts being annoying.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:40 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

HA. I learned to drive 911 derivatives from a mentor when I first got into club racing (tl;dr: DON'T LIFT) and with any decent amount of power the learning curve to maintain forward motion is kinda steep. There was an episode of Cops or similar where they were high-speed-pursuing someone who had stolen a 911 and when he took a tight offramp (as seen from the police chopper) we all shouted 'don't lift!' but he did, and it was over
woofersus (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 12:54 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Unfortunately, no Bugatti is in my future. I definitely agree a particular car can have too much. I just mean generally, assuming it's a whole package.

My "too much" story: I once drove a late 90's Cadillac Deville with the northstar V8 and my God - even for the day it was a floating, twisting, diving, squatting monster that had no business anywhere near the 300hp mark, I could never get into the throttle deep enough to really see how much thrust it even had because of massive sympathetic body movements. It's crazy how soft it was. I was completely isolated in every possible way. No steering feedback, no butt feedback, no brake feel, can't hear the engine - if you tried to hot rod the thing it felt like a simulator before you've unlocked any upgrades and it's legit hard to just stay on the road. Talk about a different era...
Old 08-16-2021, 12:57 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rotarymike
HA. I learned to drive 911 derivatives from a mentor when I first got into club racing (tl;dr: DON'T LIFT) and with any decent amount of power the learning curve to maintain forward motion is kinda steep. There was an episode of Cops or similar where they were high-speed-pursuing someone who had stolen a 911 and when he took a tight offramp (as seen from the police chopper) we all shouted 'don't lift!' but he did, and it was over
Early Vipers were that way a little bit too Lift-off oversteer galore. I've never gotten to drive a 911 but a friend had a 1st gen Viper, and it was a real tricky beast.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:24 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Corner 6b at VIR was known to collect Vipers (right before the bridge over the track into the infield) for that very reason.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?