G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 10:56 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
And now for something completely different. (And awesome!)

The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (01-05-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 08:39 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts
Well a hit and run driver went from the left lane all the way across the freeway (3 lane highway) to hit me to try and make an exit. Car is totaled most likely according to my insurance over the phone. Looks like I'll have to get a new ride sooner than I thought. I'm thinking full family mode, Kia Telluride or Hyundai Pallaside. I'm okay and my family wasn't in the car luckily. Hit by an FX35! Guy spun out then drove off.
What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?-7yq3xeu.jpg
Old 01-06-2021, 02:25 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

That's a bummer man! Telluride and Palisade are both really nice. Hyundai is the parent company so there will be very slight advantages to that model, but if you like the styling of the Telluride better, get that one. My store was sold out of Palisade for a very long time, but that issue seems to be resolved for 2021. Not sure on Telluride. If you need any help with a Palisade, just let me know. I had a guy from Milwaukee get one from me earlier.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:15 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
It might be a write-off insurance wise, but doesn't look that bad. Might be worth buying it back from them and having a shop fix, as long as the B pillar isn't completely twisted.
tsuintx (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 11:07 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
It might be a write-off insurance wise, but doesn't look that bad. Might be worth buying it back from them and having a shop fix, as long as the B pillar isn't completely twisted.
This^

Sorry to hear about the accident but at least you have another G in the stable.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:02 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Looks like the CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing are going to be previewed at the 24hrs. of Daytona at the end of this month and officially revealed on Feb 1st. Nice! I hope they figured out a way to make the cars lighter. The new M3 was disappointing because it is noticeably heavier and definitely uglier.

https://carbuzz.com/news/this-is-whe...ing-will-debut

Old 01-07-2021, 04:08 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
I third this. I definitely would buy it back before letting the insurance company take it. If you're into that sort of tinkering. Of course it's difficult to say by looking at just one picture from afar, but to me it looks like all it needs is the doors and that's about it. Just a small ding on the fenderwell left after doing the doors. You could probably find a couple of same color doors from a salvage yard and just bolt them on, so no need to even bother with a bodyshop.

Again..., just based on what I see in the picture. Glad that you are okay, @SupraOfDoom .
Old 01-07-2021, 04:50 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
4DRZ (01-07-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 03:25 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
And now for something completely different. (And awesome!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxQ2nLeUKcs
Great video! Your getting really good at these reviews! I'm bummed you didn't get to drive it though. Would really have liked to know your impressions, especially since you drive a G sedan. I've thought about buying one of these to replace my G and tried to drive one at a local dealership before Christmas, but unfortunately they had already sold that one as well, so I wasn't able to drive it. There are a few more locally, but the only one in a color I would want is optioned out and well out of my price range... I may still go and see if they will let me drive it. I'm hoping there will be more of these available a little later this year before I decide to pull the trigger on a new car.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
^^^
I was wondering about your car plans. You seemed edging towards something new and awesome... and then pandemic.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:29 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Great video! Your getting really good at these reviews! I'm bummed you didn't get to drive it though. Would really have liked to know your impressions, especially since you drive a G sedan. I've thought about buying one of these to replace my G and tried to drive one at a local dealership before Christmas, but unfortunately they had already sold that one as well, so I wasn't able to drive it. There are a few more locally, but the only one in a color I would want is optioned out and well out of my price range... I may still go and see if they will let me drive it. I'm hoping there will be more of these available a little later this year before I decide to pull the trigger on a new car.
Thanks! I'm sure the RS 6 Avant is amazing to drive, but I still wish I had the chance. Our next 2 are sold and that may be all we get this year. They are super rare. However, the RS 7 is almost the same car with a very similar design, but they seem to be a lot easier to get. We have another RS7 in Nardo gray coming in any day now. I'm told that the RS Q8 is the same thing in suv form if that is your jam.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:16 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

It sounds like the new Audi RS3 is going to get a little more power than everyone thought and the new torque vectoring AWD system from the new Golf R. So maybe it can get around the fact that it has open differentials and eliminate some of the understeering. No mention of any weight loss or better weight distribution from the current car. Sounds like it will be released in Europe in the fall and hit our shores in about a year. And if you like lime green, you are in luck.

https://carbuzz.com/news/audi-rs3-ti...ant-power-bump

Old 01-16-2021, 05:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Not that green. Eww.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:45 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I think that the next vehicle I get will probably be a hatchback. It will probably be a model y. Now right now there are 50k I don't want to spend that much on a car. Besides that I would say the gla45 and perhaps a RAV4 hybrid. I know there are two different animals.

The RAV4 gets really high mpg can handle a good amount of stuff fit in it. It is four-wheel drive and The increased ground clearance will allow me to be less cautious.

The 2020 gla45 can get pretty good mileage when you're not womping on it. It is also incredibly fast for a four-cylinder. I wish they had the RS3 in a wagon here. That would be my fourth choice.

Now if I had to get something right now. I would get a Hyundai ionic. They're available for 10K either in hybrid or electric. They get really great mileage, but Hyundai's aren't exactly known for their longevity
Old 01-18-2021, 05:01 PM
gord27
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought about this the other day and while not an upgrade for my G37, it was an upgrade to my wife's Fiesta and I'm quite enjoying driving it so I figured I'd post about it here.

Back in the summer, we were gifted my parent's 2012 Tiguan R-Line since they no longer need 2 cars. I've since gone Stage 2 with Unitronic and the thing is a blast to drive. 283/327 with 93 oct and it feels like a GTI SUV since it has the sport suspension. The 6-speed slushbox is the only major complaint (why couldn't we have got the DSG here?!?!) but it's only a minor step down from the 7AT in my G. The gearing is quite long and it's lacking the paddles but I've been looking at GTI steering wheels on eBay and supposedly it's plug'n play. It's also got most of the features of the G but is ~200lbs lighter with more usable space despite being over a foot shorter. Lots of back seat room means 2 baby seats fit without me having to move my seat forward. I'm sure the notorious VW reliability will come to bite me sooner or later but for now with about 80k miles, things are going well. It's also not much of a looker but the summer 19s help.

Pic from our first weekend with it on a camping trip.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?