G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 01:51 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
As much as I hate hyundai and kia, the g70 seems like a worthwhile contender. I'd love to see that engine in a crossover/suv. The G70 isn't much larger than the G. The G had less interior space than our accord. Try fitting a lawn mower into an accord!
The G70 is surprisingly good, especially the handling. The new front end seems to fix the one styling angle that looked weird before. I am curious to see how they upgrade the interior. It is alreayd pretty nice inside. The V6 is great and easy to tune for people that want to do that sort of thing (me).

Originally Posted by Rochester
Feeling very strongly that my next car won't get modified, so hey I could be open to (leasing) a BMW.

(leasing)
My wife leases all of her cars because she struggles to keep the same car for even 2 years and she also always wants the newest and latest and greatest car. It is a great option for people who want a new car every 3 years for the same reason or just because vehicles seem to be upgraded by the manufacturers so much more frequently now. Other people like it because they don't have to worry about depreciation, accidents affecting the trade-in value, or not having full warranty coverage. For whatever reason it seems like more and more people are leasing cars now.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:07 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Feeling very strongly that my next car won't get modified, so hey I could be open to (leasing) a BMW.

(leasing)
Funny you mention that, because I'm actually seriously considering leasing my next car for a variety of different reasons (mostly business related). I'm just not sure if I can drive a car for 3 years without modifying it. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to modify my next car, but you know how that goes...
Old 07-16-2020, 04:19 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I cannot believe that no one has mentioned the new Bronco yet. It looks decent, but nothing like the cool prototype pics (see below). I think it could be a cool vehicle, but I am confused as to why the stick shift is only available with the less powerful engine. I thought this manual transmission was specifically developed for the Bronco with its super low range crawler gear. So why didn't they develop it to handle the more powerful engine?

Sweet looking Bronco prototype

Actual Bronco Black Diamond- meh

Old 07-16-2020, 08:51 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
You wonder why people don't by manual cars anymore. There's so many cars that have optional manual transmissions but only available with the weaker engine option, this just sets the manual transmission option up for failure.

I like the fact this is going to put a lot of pressure on the Wrangler. As unique as the Wrangler is, I always thought Jeep has been very lazy with updating/upgrading the Wrangler since people would buy it anyway. Ford took a lot of the annoyances Jeep customers had and found solutions. For example, on the Bronco you can remove the doors but keep the mirrors. Mind = Blown
Old 07-16-2020, 08:53 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Not bad, I think I would like it more if the nissan badge was not in the middle like the 'GT' badge is on the Mustang.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:36 PM
EcstaticG37XS
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RobC7

Not bad, I think I would like it more if the nissan badge was not in the middle like the 'GT' badge is on the Mustang.
I like the design. It's very clean with very few sharp lines.

Looks like it's basically a z34.5. Same 370z body just restyled bumpers, headlights/taillights, VR30 motor, and 6 speed (hopefully).
Old 07-17-2020, 08:05 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
That much HP/TQ in a <3400 pd car with a 6MT is going to be the holy grail.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:31 AM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I cannot believe that no one has mentioned the new Bronco yet. It looks decent, but nothing like the cool prototype pics (see below). I think it could be a cool vehicle, but I am confused as to why the stick shift is only available with the less powerful engine. I thought this manual transmission was specifically developed for the Bronco with its super low range crawler gear. So why didn't they develop it to handle the more powerful engine?

Sweet looking Bronco prototype

Actual Bronco Black Diamond- meh

Would have been good if it came with a V8. I don’t understand why Ford couldn’t put a V8 like the Voodoo or Coyote motor in it. Probably due to their environmental agreement in California. The V6 is going to sound just as bad as the Raptor. I just can’t stand the ecoboost. If they had the V8 option, they would definitely have a lot more people onboard.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:53 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RobC7

That's an interesting rendering with strange proportions. It has wheels and windows very similar to the 370Z, but tail lights like a Datsun, and an odd front bumper. Hopefully, the styling on the actual car is a bit more cohesive like the one below, but only time will tell. I really hope this car is very very good. I would not mind having another Z.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:12 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
One thing I can say is the headlights are hella better
Old 07-26-2020, 08:34 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115
I don't mind the current ones, but I have a feeling that the new headlights will somehow manage to look modern in design, but still evoke a 240Z shape with the LEDs. At least I hope this is the case and if they manage to pull it off, that will certainly be a neat trick.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:35 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115
I don't mind the current ones, but I have a feeling that the new headlights will somehow manage to look modern in design, but still evoke a 240Z shape with the LEDs. At least I hope this is the case and if they manage to pull it off, that will certainly be a neat trick.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:41 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

The front end of the new Supra really does not do it for me and I kept saying that I am sure some aftermarket company will come out with a new front bumper that looks a lot better. Problem solved:

On that same note here are some pics digitally enhanced without the camo on the M3. Same problem as the Supra. I think it looks properly aggressive from just about every angle, but the front end is awful. Hopefully, some company comes out with a better front bumper here too.

Old 07-26-2020, 09:25 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
is that supra bumper actually a real product or a render?
Old 07-26-2020, 09:48 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by iCrap
is that supra bumper actually a real product or a render?
I'm sure it's a render because the headlights are different, but it really should not be that difficult to make a bumper cover similar to that.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?