G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 03:48 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Having Waze and not having to deal with the finnicky OEM Bluetooth situation is worth it for me. It would be nice if it had a custom EQ situation
Old 09-11-2017, 03:50 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Well if it's android it does have a built in EQ. I dunno how useful it is though.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:44 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
It actually adds A LOT of features, it's full android. My only issue is the price. At $299 i'd have already ordered it this morning, but at $500.... idk.
Well, I already have nav, bluetooth, and stream audio wirelessly. I don't really use the nav or bluetooth all that often so what do I gain for $500?
Old 09-11-2017, 05:29 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Well, If you never use nav or bluetooth, then... Maybe not the thing for you.

But, the nav in the car is essentially useless to me. Dosen't have traffic and it's never updated. The fact that this thing runs android means that you can run google maps, have live traffic (or use waze), stream spotify directly onto the thing or even run the Torque app on the screen and have some more guages. I mean, its android... so anything you can do on your phone except integrated into your dash. Apparently it also supports CarPlay.

I don't know also what they added in the '10+ version of the Infiniti System. My car does not have any bluetooth streaming, but it does have bluetooth calling. I have the bluetooth streaming added a diffferent way.

I also priced out the '10+ system upgrade with eBay parts and I can do that for like... $250ish. So might do that. Dunno yet.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:13 PM
milosz
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Interesting

This is interesting. I love gadgets so I might have to get this.

I use the factory Nav (bought the '17 update) and existing Bluetooth stuff, and it works well for me. I'll have to investigate this to see what it offers, how it works.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
future62

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Well, I already have nav, bluetooth, and stream audio wirelessly. I don't really use the nav or bluetooth all that often so what do I gain for $500?
I don't use nav much either, but being able to see speed traps and traffic is useful. Also it's so much easier and safer to change music and stuff on a screen rather than on your phone. Those two things alone are worth it for me, though I may just get some kind of phone mount.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:38 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by iCrap
Well, If you never use nav or bluetooth, then... Maybe not the thing for you.

But, the nav in the car is essentially useless to me. Dosen't have traffic and it's never updated. The fact that this thing runs android means that you can run google maps, have live traffic (or use waze), stream spotify directly onto the thing or even run the Torque app on the screen and have some more guages. I mean, its android... so anything you can do on your phone except integrated into your dash. Apparently it also supports CarPlay.

I don't know also what they added in the '10+ version of the Infiniti System. My car does not have any bluetooth streaming, but it does have bluetooth calling. I have the bluetooth streaming added a diffferent way.

I also priced out the '10+ system upgrade with eBay parts and I can do that for like... $250ish. So might do that. Dunno yet.
That makes sense. You can update your factory maps if you want, but I agree, it is an older system that becomes readily apparent the first time you try to talk to it to give a destination. It will ask for the state, then city, then street, then address. All the new Nissans allow you to just read off all of that info. and save a ton of time. I just don't use it all that much.

Originally Posted by future62
I don't use nav much either, but being able to see speed traps and traffic is useful. Also it's so much easier and safer to change music and stuff on a screen rather than on your phone. Those two things alone are worth it for me, though I may just get some kind of phone mount.
Do you not have bluetooth audio either? I just change the songs from my phone on the steering wheel.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:27 AM
future62

I have BT; I think my G is fully loaded. It's fine once it's connected; the problem is it constantly disconnects after I stop playback and it takes like 20-40 seconds to reconnect. So I wind up having to start songs over, or missing the beginning of songs from streaming services. Minor annoyance I guess but something I'd like to address if I can
Old 09-12-2017, 10:58 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I have BT; I think my G is fully loaded. It's fine once it's connected; the problem is it constantly disconnects after I stop playback and it takes like 20-40 seconds to reconnect. So I wind up having to start songs over, or missing the beginning of songs from streaming services. Minor annoyance I guess but something I'd like to address if I can
I see. Do you have an older phone? I recently got a new phone and noticed it works better.

Pandora seems to work fine for me, but mainly I just use it for my music library. Google play seems to be the only ap that will save your spot in a song when you shut the car off. Really nice if you only have 30 seconds left of a song when you shut the car off since you do not have to start it over from the beginning every time you start the car. The only problem with Google play is that even though it has an option to delete old music- it does not actually delete the music. Strange.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:17 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
I love within 10 minles of Belmont California. I am going to contact them and try and get invited for a beta-test. If I do, I will make a post and keep everything updated
Old 09-12-2017, 03:42 PM
future62

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I see. Do you have an older phone? I recently got a new phone and noticed it works better.

Pandora seems to work fine for me, but mainly I just use it for my music library. Google play seems to be the only ap that will save your spot in a song when you shut the car off. Really nice if you only have 30 seconds left of a song when you shut the car off since you do not have to start it over from the beginning every time you start the car. The only problem with Google play is that even though it has an option to delete old music- it does not actually delete the music. Strange.
I have a Note 5, but it was the same story with my Zenfone 3 Laser.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:49 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I have a Note 5, but it was the same story with my Zenfone 3 Laser.
Well, that phone is a couple of years old, but I think I have had the delayed start a few times. Maybe it is just because I do not do a lot of streaming. I usually just leave it in BT Audio mode for music downloaded to my phone.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
interesting read/thread on that grom stuff...the nav in the infiniti and the iphone unabl to connect when a call comes in for the first 5 seconds SUCKS. I use waze and have a iphone mount but if i didnt that all sounds enticing...
Old 09-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Hassan Arif

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2010 G37xS that I purchased with 32K miles in February of 2015. I am over this car and am looking to replace it with a 2014 E550 by end of 2018. Anyone have experience with the 2014 E class? I for sure would love the twin turbo V8 torque which is missing in my G.

Last edited by Hassan Arif; 09-16-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:20 AM
Germanshield

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys are killing me. My 2013 G is the love of my life and I'm fighting daily with the thought of somehow getting my hands on a Red Sport. Financing is only two months old. This Infiniti addiction is real.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?