G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 08:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
That's beautiful. You can get lost in a paint job like that.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:08 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Oh man, I want a hidden ignition switch in my shift **** so bad!

JK, JK. It's cool, but you just know that's not going to last forever.
I saw that picture and immediately thought of the the "Go Baby Go" shift **** from Gone in 60 seconds.

I always thought this would be a fun shift **** to have as well.

Originally Posted by rotarymike
I toyed with the idea of an F4 Phantom stick as a shift **** when I first got into performance cars. Had a thrown-away one from the USAF, repaired the internal switches, and had a long think.

Glad I decided not to do it, but... 5 buttons and a 4-way hat switch. What *couldn't* you do with that?
I have no idea what that is, but if it allows you to shoot missiles from your car James Bond-style, let's do this!
Old 09-20-2019, 10:12 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Funny you say that... every time I think I don't want another white car I run across a photo of a car that just looks phenomenal in white. I've got the new car bug right now and have also been perusing Autotrader the past several weeks and keep running across several different cars that all seem to look better in white than any other color. Although, for some reason every time I seen an NSX in Valencia Red Pearl it makes me want one. When the sunlight hits it just right is seems to have a shimmer of orange under the red. Love it!

That car does look good in that color. Those pictures really don't do it justice for how good it looks in person. Then again, that car looks pretty awesome in any color. Our Acura store down the street from me has had a number of NSX events and I even think that car looks good in the orange.
The following users liked this post:
Pato A. Vidal (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 02:39 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I have no idea what that is, but if it allows you to shoot missiles from your car James Bond-style, let's do this!
I wasn't munitions maintenance, but I know a guy...
Old 09-23-2019, 06:42 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's beautiful. You can get lost in a paint job like that.
Yeah, exactly, that's the perfect way to describe it! You can literally get lost in that paint. And, as 4DRZ mentioned, the pictures don't even do the color justice... that paint is absolutely stunning in person.

That car does look good in that color. Those pictures really don't do it justice for how good it looks in person. Then again, that car looks pretty awesome in any color. Our Acura store down the street from me has had a number of NSX events and I even think that car looks good in the orange.
I'm not a huge fan of bright orange on a car, but I have to agree with you, even the pearl orange paint looks good on the NSX... And it looks good in yellow too! I guess it pretty much looks good in all colors. One of my neighbors has a white one with red interior and I can't help but stare every time he drives by.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Pato A. Vidal
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 Corvette Grand Sport 6 MT

2011 Corvette Grand Sport 6MT

Corvettes have been my personal dream machines since the C5 Z06 debuted in 2002. I was 16 years old! Since then, I've driven C5's C6's both 6.0 and 6.2, C6 Z 7.0, and C7 6.2. All manual. I've also driven a 2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2 and a Charger RT Scat Pack. After all of this driving and reading, I'm certain that my next ride should be a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. 2011 because reliability numbers were highest that model year.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:31 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I wasn't munitions maintenance, but I know a guy...

Originally Posted by Pato A. Vidal

Corvettes have been my personal dream machines since the C5 Z06 debuted in 2002. I was 16 years old! Since then, I've driven C5's C6's both 6.0 and 6.2, C6 Z 7.0, and C7 6.2. All manual. I've also driven a 2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2 and a Charger RT Scat Pack. After all of this driving and reading, I'm certain that my next ride should be a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. 2011 because reliability numbers were highest that model year.
Corvettes are a big performance bang for the buck. I keep waiting for C7 Grand Sports to drop in price, but I think it might be a while before that car seems like an even remotely good idea for me here in WI with all of our snow and having a family.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:48 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Today I noticed that we had a 2018 and 2013 Camaro at work. I wanted to see if the visibility was as bad as everyone claims. I got into the 2018 convertible first. You do sit low and the hood & dash are high so I see what people are talking about. I think I might be able to get used to it, but I could not get used to how cheap the interior is. Blah! It had all the fitment and refinement of a school bus. This car was 5 years newer than my car but felt like it was 20 years older. Hopefully, the SS 1LE is nicer.

Just a sea of cheap hard plastic here. I felt like I was sitting in a $10k rental car.

These two large humps on top of the gauges are totally unnecessary and make it even more difficult to see out.

More hard plastic only broken up by cheap vinyl.

This is the inside of a 2013 coupe. I checked this out only because I have thought about a Z/28 which is based on this car. The interior has more variety than the current generation, but still very cheap and not great visibility.

The dash is again a sea of cheap hard plastics, but at least there are a few different colors here. I tried sitting in the back seat and my legs might barely make it, but my head does not fit. Maybe the new generation is better. I was surprised how much more room is in the back of an M2. No surprise at the difference in fit & finish between the two cars.

So I would have to sit in a Z/28 again and take a closer look at an SS 1LE to be sure, but I walked away completely disappointed at the interiors of both cars. It really made me appreciate the interiors we have in our cars. Such a nice place to be and it really wraps around you. I couldn't help but think that the interior of the Camaro was hastily thrown together at the last minute after they finally got the weird retro look they were going for on the outside. For such a big, heavy car it seemed strange to me that the interior felt very much like a cocoon or a coffin.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Honesty over nostalgia, the Camaro interior has always been cheap and poorly designed.

The Stang's interior is better, but only marginally so.

I think it's on purpose.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
2GoRNot2G (09-25-2019), Pato A. Vidal (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 10:18 PM
Pato A. Vidal
Registered Member

Today I noticed that we had a 2018 and 2013 Camaro at work. I wanted to see if the visibility was as bad as everyone claims. I got into the 2018 convertible first. You do sit low and the hood & dash are high so I see what people are talking about. I think I might be able to get used to it, but I could not get used to how cheap the interior is. Blah! It had all the fitment and refinement of a school bus. This car was 5 years newer than my car but felt like it was 20 years older. Hopefully, the SS 1LE is nicer.

Just a sea of cheap hard plastic here. I felt like I was sitting in a $10k rental car.

These two large humps on top of the gauges are totally unnecessary and make it even more difficult to see out.

More hard plastic only broken up by cheap vinyl.

This is the inside of a 2013 coupe. I checked this out only because I have thought about a Z/28 which is based on this car. The interior has more variety than the current generation, but still very cheap and not great visibility.

The dash is again a sea of cheap hard plastics, but at least there are a few different colors here. I tried sitting in the back seat and my legs might barely make it, but my head does not fit. Maybe the new generation is better. I was surprised how much more room is in the back of an M2. No surprise at the difference in fit & finish between the two cars.

So I would have to sit in a Z/28 again and take a closer look at an SS 1LE to be sure, but I walked away completely disappointed at the interiors of both cars. It really made me appreciate the interiors we have in our cars. Such a nice place to be and it really wraps around you. I couldn't help but think that the interior of the Camaro was hastily thrown together at the last minute after they finally got the weird retro look they were going for on the outside. For such a big, heavy car it seemed strange to me that the interior felt very much like a cocoon or a coffin.
😃🤷🏿*♂️ Why not try a Vette?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Pato A. Vidal
Registered Member

Corvettes are a big performance bang for the buck. I keep waiting for C7 Grand Sports to drop in price, but I think it might be a while before that car seems like an even remotely good idea for me here in WI with all of our snow and having a family.
Go test drive a C6 Z06 or Grand Sport and you'll have a hard time splurging for the C7.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

a '72 stingray that I can throw scads of Lingenfelter parts at is on my personal bucket list.

Specifically, pre-plastic bumpers.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:22 PM
Pato A. Vidal
Registered Member

a '72 stingray that I can throw scads of Lingenfelter parts at is on my personal bucket list.

Specifically, pre-plastic bumpers.
All modern cars have plastic bumpers. Including G37.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:37 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Originally Posted by Pato A. Vidal
All modern cars have plastic bumpers. Including G37.
Not this baby...

Fiberglass doesn't count. lol.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
Yeah, that's beautiful. Rides like a truck and handles like a boat... but still freaking beautiful.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?