G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 11:20 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

The Jaguar I-Pace would be that car, if it weren't for the $70k sticker. But all reviews point to the car itself being the real deal.

Sat in a Kona yesterday... meh. The Kia Soul EV however, that was damn cute, practical & affordable. Not that I personally want a cute car.

Speaking of Kia, sat in the Stinger GT again, and gave it another long look. Whatever good vibes I had about that car when it came out, they're gone. Just like that, LOL.
March 14, Tesla will unveil the Model Y SUV. Should be very interesting.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:32 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by TheLocNar
Have you seen the Rivian pickup? Hopefully that becomes a reality. They bought the old Mitsubishi plant in Normal, IL. 400 mile range, and the middle model they claim can do 0-60 in 3 seconds. lol
Yes, it looks rather strange and I swear the rear doors (and maybe more) are off of the Ridgeline. It is a cool idea though.

The Jaguar I-Pace would be that car, if it weren't for the $70k sticker. But all reviews point to the car itself being the real deal.

Sat in a Kona yesterday... meh. The Kia Soul EV however, that was damn cute, practical & affordable. Not that I personally want a cute car.

Speaking of Kia, sat in the Stinger GT again, and gave it another long look. Whatever good vibes I had about that car when it came out, they're gone. Just like that, LOL.
The I-Pace is definitely out of reach of the average consumer. I was at the Milwaukee Auto show yesterday and they had one in red. Why is it styled so strangely like every other electric car (except Teslas)?? They had a big display of electric and Hybrid cars. New Leaf, Honda Clarity, Prius, Bolt, and a Tesla Model 3. They are all so strangely styled and ugly, especially compared to the Model 3 which is simple and elegant.

1st you like the Guilia all of a sudden and now you don't like the Stinger. Glad to see we are finally in agreement. What took you so long?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
1st you like the Guilia all of a sudden and now you don't like the Stinger. Glad to see we are finally in agreement. What took you so long?
First I hated the Guilia, then I loved it. Whereas first I liked the Stinger, and now I don't.

I think the off-putting strangeness in the Alpha's design took a while for me to appreciate. And I think the components that make up the Stinger's design impressed me at first, but now it just looks awkward.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-04-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:11 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I saw a white Giulia Quadofolio and I was in love. But that was from the outside. It is almost a Ferrari, but at the price of a BMW
Old 03-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts

I sat in one at the Autoshow over her recently...ended up feeling the same..something about the interior that I just found off putting and downscale...I was a bit surprised because all the youtube videos I've seen of it it seems pretty nice.... I didn't feel the same way about the Genesis G70 at all though...its interior felt so much nicer..I wasn't expecting there to be such a big difference in feel given the car's shared platform...
Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

I wish the G70 was a hatch. I think it is a good size, the weight could be less. One of the redeeming things about the stinger is that it is a hatch. I have thought of the Toyota CU next tuesday for the fuel econ and dual injectors, but damn that thing is big. It would be better with 6 inches lopped off and a better front end.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
I sat in one at the Autoshow over her recently...ended up feeling the same..something about the interior that I just found off putting and downscale...I was a bit surprised because all the youtube videos I've seen of it it seems pretty nice.... I didn't feel the same way about the Genesis G70 at all though...its interior felt so much nicer..I wasn't expecting there to be such a big difference in feel given the car's shared platform...
Oddly enough, Genesis wasn't at this Autoshow. Probably because it's only representative of local dealerships, and we don't have a Genny dealership, just three Hyundai locations.

I felt the Hyundai Sonata's interior was very rewarding, and the overall design pretty darn appealing. Not that I aspire to own a Sonata, just saying... damn fine sedan.

The Kia Optima, however, after a brief model run that turned heads, it's just another disposable car these days.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
And I think the components that make up the Stinger's design impressed me at first, but now it just looks awkward.
I really wanted to like the Stinger--excluding the lack of a 6MT--because on paper, it sure seems to check all the right boxes. But the execution just falls short for me.

The G70 is on the list to replace my wife's Accord in the next 18-24 months as I'd like to sneak something by that doesn't suck to drive
Old 03-05-2019, 05:17 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by ezbme
I wish the G70 was a hatch. I think it is a good size, the weight could be less. One of the redeeming things about the stinger is that it is a hatch. I have thought of the Toyota CU next tuesday for the fuel econ and dual injectors, but damn that thing is big. It would be better with 6 inches lopped off and a better front end.
what is a toyota cu?
Old 03-05-2019, 08:45 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

It is a Mid Sized Car that they make, but it isn't good to say such things in polite society. The full name is a Toyota C
U
Next
tueday.

It would be like an Altima, but built by Toyota with a 2.5L 4 cyl with both port and direct injection.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:23 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

It is a Mid Sized Car that they make, but it isn't good to say such things in polite society. The full name is a Toyota C
U
Next
tueday.

It would be like an Altima, but built by Toyota with a 2.5L 4 cyl with both port and direct injection.
I still don't know what vehicle you're talking about. I work for Toyota. The only 4 cylinder D4S injection we have is in the camry at this time
Old 03-05-2019, 09:25 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

U
Next
tueday.

I still don't know what vehicle you're talking about. I work for Toyota. The only 4 cylinder D4S injection we have is in the camry at this time.

Damn did I just say the forbidden word?
Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
I still don't know what vehicle you're talking about. I work for Toyota. The only 4 cylinder D4S injection we have is in the camry at this time.

Damn did I just say the forbidden word?

The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 08:52 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by qmantran
I still don't know what vehicle you're talking about. I work for Toyota. The only 4 cylinder D4S injection we have is in the c****

For all we know, he drives a BMW Supra.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:15 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Oddly enough, Genesis wasn't at this Autoshow. Probably because it's only representative of local dealerships, and we don't have a Genny dealership, just three Hyundai locations.

I felt the Hyundai Sonata's interior was very rewarding, and the overall design pretty darn appealing. Not that I aspire to own a Sonata, just saying... damn fine sedan.
You have 3 Hyundai dealerships and none of them carry Genesis? That seems odd to me. Or is it more common for Hyundai dealerships not to carry Genesis?

Are you talking about the current Sonata or pictures of the new one you have seen that was just released in Geneva?

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?