G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's 186,000 miles. OMG.

Well, it certainly explains why you're leaning the way you're leaning... you do a LOT of highway driving, so having luxury, comfort & power makes sense.

Curious how you drive all these miles (kilometers), but don't think twice about the truly crappy mileage all these cars get. Particularly in the context of how much petrol costs up in Canada.
I budget for it as a fun tax..there was a couple years when I lived right by work and all those miles were fun miles not just mostly from commuting...

At one point when I started commuting from far, and before they stripped the government incentives for electric cars I realized I could finance a brand new new electric car for just about what I spend in gas every month....I just didn't make my move in time and one day poof $14,000.00 government incentive was gone...

The MPG's of these cars are not too far off my 5AT... I could get a newer car for more money that is much better on gas but way less fun, but again I'd rather to pay the fun tax.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:57 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I'm still reeling from seeing the word "Camry" in this thread.
Agreed. As a "reluctant moderator" perhaps you could caution these chaps that such foul language is not permitted in this thread.
The following users liked this post:
Pato A. Vidal (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 04:38 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Agreed. As a "reluctant moderator" perhaps you could caution these chaps that such foul language is not permitted in this thread.

I am already being punished by the stock market. If it is good enough for a semi-blind 87yo, its good enough for me?
Old 02-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ezbme
I am already being punished by the stock market. If it is good enough for a semi-blind 87yo, its good enough for me?

so much (deserved/undeserved?) clowning on the Camry...in the Camry's defence as was pointed out above its now hitting 300 hp...from seeing it myself, the front seats and probably the rest of the interior is really nice...toyota/Lexus has really upgraded their interiors in this generation of cars and the Camry is no exception...but the driving dynamics of that chassis though big thumbs down....it is a car strictly for the look of sportiness (they may have gone overboard with it) with enough power and comfort for 90% of drivers to be completely satisfied... still Camry is definitly a dirty word
Old 02-14-2019, 06:08 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim

so much (deserved/undeserved?) clowning on the Camry...in the Camry's defence as was pointed out above its now hitting 300 hp...from seeing it myself, the front seats and probably the rest of the interior is really nice...toyota/Lexus has really upgraded their interiors in this generation of cars and the Camry is no exception...but the driving dynamics of that chassis though big thumbs down....it is a car strictly for the look of sportiness (they may have gone overboard with it) with enough power and comfort for 90% of drivers to be completely satisfied... still Camry is definitly a dirty word

if you’re going the FWD family car route, I thing the Accord 2.0T > Camary V6
Old 02-14-2019, 06:11 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

if you’re going the FWD family car route, I thing the Accord 2.0T > Camary V6
Looks worse IMO. I'd rather just have a Type R at that point anyway.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
For crying out loud, you people need to stop with all this Camry talk.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rochester:
Baadnewsburr (02-15-2019), iCrap (02-14-2019), Lego_Maniac (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 07:51 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ezbme
Time for higher standards. You can thank me later.

For crying out loud, you people need to stop with all this Camry talk.
C'mon you can do better than that Mr. moderator

Go ahead, mention "Camry" again

ngolbuff (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

In other news, my prediction that this year would be the 1st to see more than 5 ATS-V 6spd. sedans available at a time (as lease returns hit the market) seems to be panning out. On Autotrader alone there are 19 available (More than twice as many as any search I have done before). Also of interest is this ATS-V that has features very close to what I want and an unbelievable price (salvage title maybe?):

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=507228773&zip=54913 &referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D54913%26startYe ar%3D1981%26vehicleStyleCodes%3DSEDAN%26incrementa l%3Dall%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DATS%26m akeCodeList%3DCAD%26transmissionCodes%3DMAN%26sort By%3DderivedpriceDESC%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketEx tension%3Don%26searchRadius%3D0%26trimCodeList%3DA TS%257CV&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&vehicleStyle Codes=SEDAN&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeLi st=ATS&makeCodeList=CAD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=C AD&modelCode1=ATS&clickType=listing

It has the right wheels, luxury package, sueded steering wheel & shifter, and the nearly impossible to find Performance Data Recorder. However, it does not have the Carbon package or the Recaro seats and I am not terribly fond of this color. But the fact that this car exists and that they seem to be coming out in higher quantities is very good news.

Looks pretty mean to me.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 PM
ngolbuff
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ;4231851

C'mon you can do better than that Mr. moderator

Go ahead, mention "Camry" again

[img
https://i2.wp.com/www.interesly.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Natlamp73.jpg?resize=286%2C386&ssl=1[/img]
Honestly, you should be considered for moderator or some sort of title around here with all of the knowledge that you bring.

--Also, Im hoping a moderator will not close this thread due to all of the profane words.....lets just get past the "C" word
4DRZ (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 08:05 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ngolbuff
Honestly, you should be considered for moderator or some sort of title around here with all of the knowledge that you bring.

--Also, Im hoping a moderator will not close this thread due to all of the profane words.....lets just get past the "C" word
Thanks man.

.....lets just get past the "C" word
Haha! That's awesome!!
Old 02-15-2019, 09:03 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Hubba hubba, I could live with that colour, but shame about the Recaros...IIRC if it has the data recorder it should have the diff/trans cooler upgrades etc....i'd take that and consider sourcing the Recaros second hand at a later date if the price was right
Old 02-15-2019, 09:12 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Honestly, you should be considered for moderator
Well, he had my endorsement, but by that time the roster was full. And let's be honest here... someday not too far in the future, the OP is going to go all in with Next Car. Probably the ATS-V. And I suspect if or when that happens, it will be a sudden decision, and he won't look back.

Or maybe life will make him look twice at the Chrysler Pacifica. Not for nothing, but the Pacifica's interior is pretty nice. And really, if anyone wants to keep talking about the Camry, then you open the door to reasonable arguments for a minivan. Or a cross-over. And that brings me right back to the Stelvio. I really like that cross-over.

That red ATS-V, wow! $31k asking price on a 2016 with 25k miles... that seems like a fantastic find. I'm looking at AutoTrader right now, and $31k is right there at the low-end of prices still under $40k.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-15-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:24 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
Hubba hubba, I could live with that colour, but shame about the Recaros...IIRC if it has the data recorder it should have the diff/trans cooler upgrades etc....i'd take that and consider sourcing the Recaros second hand at a later date if the price was right
Well, I already have one Sparco seat so maybe I could get another and make it work. Honestly though I would much rather have the Recaros, the carbon package, and a different color right from the start. I have plenty of time too as my extended warranty goes for at least 2 more years and my G has not even hit 41k miles yet. All of the ATS-V's have the same upgraded cooling system for the diff, trans, etc. so no worries there.

Well, he had my endorsement, but by that time the roster was full. And let's be honest here... someday not too far in the future, the OP is going to go all in with Next Car. Probably the ATS-V. And I suspect if or when that happens, it will be a sudden decision, and he won't look back.

Or maybe life will make him look twice at the Chrysler Pacifica. Not for nothing, but the Pacifica's interior is pretty nice. And really, if anyone wants to keep talking about the Camry, then you open the door to reasonable arguments for a minivan. Or a cross-over. And that brings me right back to the Stelvio. I really like that cross-over.

That red ATS-V, wow! $31k asking price on a 2016 with 25k miles... that seems like a fantastic find. I'm looking at AutoTrader right now, and $31k is right there at the low-end of prices still under $40k.
I had your endorsement, but the roster was full? Oh, so close. I'm not sure exactly what will be the deciding factor for moving up to the ATS-V, but I think once I start seeing them the way I want I will be pretty tempted. After the next gen STI and Golf R come out I will know for sure if the ATS-V is the right move.

Minivan? I think you know me better than that by now. Fortunately, my wife hates minivans too. So unless we suddenly have a whole bunch more kids, that is not in my future. Even if that did happen I would get a Nissan NVP with a big honking V8 and RWD. Yeah buddy! Teach those kids how to drift in the snow. And you mentioned the "C" word again so that dog is now dead. Nice going Rochester!

I am sure the ATS-V above is a salvage title since the next closest is a base ATS-V we have at one of our Cadillac stores that just went sub $37k. Just for fun I will send them an e-mail to see if I can verify the Performance Data Recorder and get a copy of the CARFAX. I have my doubts about the PDR as I think you need the HUD for that and I don't see the projector screen on the dash.

Last edited by 4DRZ; 02-15-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:35 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I saw a review of the 2019 Mercedes A Class, the interior is its best feature. The 2020 Merceds CLA is getting an interior matching the E Class and will probably be under 40k will be under 20 by 2022

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...a-photos-info/

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?