G37 Sedan

Grinding/Vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 11:42 AM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Awesome glad you found it...it's always something so simple, glad it was the tires...the wheel bearings sound just like tires humming
Old 07-11-2017, 11:44 AM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Awesome glad you found it...it's always something so simple, glad it was the tires...the wheel bearings sound just like tires humming
That was just it. It sounded like tires humming but we couldn't figure out if it was from transfer case or the wheel bearings or seizing calipers or crappy tires. What an ordeal. But I'll just wear these out this season and get new tires next season.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:56 AM
Dylan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2008 g37 coupe 5at and has 90,000 miles. I’m having the same issue. My steering wheel, center of the dash and floor shakes at high speeds and also the shift ****. I’m also having shifting issues. So this is going to be a little long but please help... It has been about 5 months sense I bought the g. About 4 months ago I installed the takeda stage 2 intake. About 2 months ago I got these 4 slotted and drilled Rotors off of Amazon for about 200 something $. I had one of my family members friend install them and ever sense then the car has been shifting really really harsh. (No check engine light) 1st gear shifts at about 3-3.2 Rpms and quickly goes down to 1rpm and then back up and shifts super quick. But it’s weird cause at the same throttle the car will sometimes shift at 2.8 or even like 2.3. It’s like different every day.

everything I have installed on the g - (Spark plugs, intake, rotors, 2 new front tires, new transmission fluid and differential fluid, oil change, balanced, alignment. New shocks and struts)

I took it to a mechanic and they said they ran a transmission test and checked the brakes and everything seemed to be fine.

The sound from the engine bay sounds like metal to metal, gets so loud when you open the engine bay and super loud when you accelerate.

if anyone is in the (Phoenix-Chandler) area and specializes in fixing Infiniti’s/nissans please let me know.