Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:20 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Previous Car: 2001 Buick Regal
Current Car: 2011 G37Xs Sedan
Next Car: Want a Jaguar F-Type so bad

I bought that frickin' Regal when I was at an age where my wife and I figured we'd be starting a family soon. I could afford it, and it was practical, and it would fit a car seat in the back. We never had kids and I owned it for a decade.

A better representation of my natural automotive progression might be the 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC I owned before that. I have a tendency toward grand tourers. And when it came to my G, I genuinely prefer the look of the Sedan, so it wasn't an issue of practicality. If I had done my research properly I wouldn't have chosen the AWD version, though. I originally wanted a 335i, but I couldn't afford one new enough not to be terrified of the maintenance costs. That same concern may just keep me off the Jag when the time comes, but we'll see.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:56 PM
BigRek718

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ima young guy, but had a fair share of vehicles since I received my license.

Last Car:
Generic Photo, I have lost all of my previous pics of this car.
2006 Altima SE-R in Scarlet Red. Honda Odyssey ran a red light and completely decommissioned her.

Current Vehicles:
2015 Sonata Sport Turbo

2013 G37x

Future Vehicle:
I have a few cars im interested in getting. I love sedans if you haven't noticed. But this is at the top of my list.
2018 E63 S AMG
Old 07-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Jonny5
Registered Member

Previous: FX37 Loaded
Current: G37x Sedan
Next: ??? Test Driven EVERYTHING

I loved my FX, but honestly it was way too heavy and not a speed machine, although the best looking car I have ever owned. Only had it for two years but local dealer gave me a positive offer and insane deal on a G37x which I had to take. Just had a daughter at the time and the FX needed brakes and tires at 17k which would have been super $$$

The G was initially just my "Daddy" car, driving my daughter around and such; but now 3 years later I think I am going to keep it.

Driven everything Infiniti has right now, do NOT like the new engine or interior comfort, not to mention the price tags of these weak engines. I would love a 392 Challenger or Charger Daytona 392 but that would be stupid. Even on dry days they barely stick to the road.

I should mention the only cars I ever MADE money on at a dealer was my FX ($2k+) and an ordered MazdaSpeed3 in candy red (I checked off EVERYTHING on the order slip and was one of the first 4 people in the US to get it). Sold it 8 months later ($4k+).

Its funny how the best car I have ever owned (this G) is probably the one I would lose the most on if I sold....so many on used car lots around me.

I have had Nissans, Mazda's, Mercedes, and a 99 Jetta - This G is by far the best car I have ever owned. Plus it was cheap, granted the resale is garbage, but why sell something that is close to perfect? Think this may be long term, besides a GTR, there is nothing else I can give money towards right now.

Last edited by Jonny5; 07-12-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:50 AM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
^ jonny5, my roommate went from the G37S to a Q50S and he said he likes it but REALLY misses the sportier feel of the G. The Q went more luxury, and he test drove the Q50 3t and said that thing MOVES so might be something to look into
Old 07-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Jonny5
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mdigiorgio35
^ jonny5, my roommate went from the G37S to a Q50S and he said he likes it but REALLY misses the sportier feel of the G. The Q went more luxury, and he test drove the Q50 3t and said that thing MOVES so might be something to look into
Yeah and it looks good...but that price point is tough. Plus I kind of like not having that big touch screen, I work in IT so the less IT stuff outside of work is better!

I think my next car will have a V8

The BEST new model right now is the QX50; 3.7 engine, lightweight, good parts, great price point. Not exactly an aggressive appearance though...at all.

I should mention my other car is Pathfinder Platinum, which is essentially the QX60. FANTASTIC in all ways, its a big whale, but otherwise a beast. As with any big SUV brakes and tires are more frequent but worth it.

Yep, keeping the G. Somebody sell me a paddle kit
Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Previous - 2004 Subaru WRX wagon
Current - 2012 G37 Sedan nonsport
Future - something with two doors and no roof preferably after the kids are out on their own. I had a Challenger RT for 10 days in WA on vacation and loved it (great cruiser). But I'd love to have a convertible next especially since I live in FL.