Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

iJDMToy Projector Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 11:43 PM
loganlhadley

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
iJDMToy Projector Fog Lights

I've seen a few people talk about this projector fog lights, whether it's reviews, installs, or fits.

I decide to take a gamble since I did the Sport Frond End Conversion and ordered these to finish my project. I have finished up the install today, and definitely agree with everyone about the fit being subpar.

I had had to do quite a bit of modding and cutting in the housing location. A dremel is your friend.

It was a lot of trial and error. The first side took approximately 30-45 mins to mod. The passenger side went a little quicker, clocking in at 15 mins.

You can see below - before I modded the housing, the fog lights looked quite comical at their "OEM" location.

But after all the cutting and grinding, here is how she looks now.

Below is the cut off of the fog lights I took tonight. Overall impressed with the output. The only think that would set me back from buying from iJDMToy again is the fit aspect of the housings. They advertise "OEM" direct replacement, but that was the furthest thing from true. There's a lot of custom fabricating that had to go into it.

Now to take off my whole front end again to get to the headlights to replace my Morimoto XSB Driver's to the halos I just received and installed 4 days ago.... Does anyone have any experience with Morimoto's reliability?
The following users liked this post:
DimX (01-29-2021)
Old 05-14-2017, 05:09 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
wow the after install bulge is pretty big still
Old 05-14-2017, 06:24 PM
loganlhadley

Originally Posted by saywat?
wow the after install bulge is pretty big still
To each his own.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:00 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
maybe u can install those aftermarket lens used for the headlight mods if theyre not as bulgy
Old 05-14-2017, 10:03 PM
g37x2013
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
loganlhadley - very nice addition!!!
loganlhadley (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 03:21 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
You did a good job on those. The before pic was not very pleasing to the eye.
loganlhadley (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 03:41 PM
loganlhadley

Originally Posted by g37x2013
loganlhadley - very nice addition!!!
Originally Posted by guy from norcal
You did a good job on those. The before pic was not very pleasing to the eye.

Thank you both for the kind words! I did the best to work with what I had!
Old 02-05-2021, 02:14 PM
DimX
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by loganlhadley
I've seen a few people talk about this projector fog lights, whether it's reviews, installs, or fits.

I decide to take a gamble since I did the Sport Frond End Conversion and ordered these to finish my project. I have finished up the install today, and definitely agree with everyone about the fit being subpar.

I had had to do quite a bit of modding and cutting in the housing location. A dremel is your friend.

It was a lot of trial and error. The first side took approximately 30-45 mins to mod. The passenger side went a little quicker, clocking in at 15 mins.

You can see below - before I modded the housing, the fog lights looked quite comical at their "OEM" location.

Below is the cut off of the fog lights I took tonight. Overall impressed with the output. The only think that would set me back from buying from iJDMToy again is the fit aspect of the housings. They advertise "OEM" direct replacement, but that was the furthest thing from true. There's a lot of custom fabricating that had to go into it.

Now to take off my whole front end again to get to the headlights to replace my Morimoto XSB Driver's to the halos I just received and installed 4 days ago.... Does anyone have any experience with Morimoto's reliability?
I am looking into these as well despite some of the reviews. I really want to go the HID fog light route without blinding people and I like how it came out. If you see this post, How have they held up? What did you have to grind in the housing?
Old 02-05-2021, 07:41 PM
DimX
Registered Member

Originally Posted by loganlhadley

I think it looks really good. I am most likely going this route. I prefer to have HID Fog lights and I do not want to blind anyone. I doubt you will see this post but how have they held up? Was the housing in the bumper the only area you had to mod?
Old 02-08-2021, 09:49 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
I tried the fit method described above and the lights still stuck out WAY too much. I ended up cutting the mounting cup off the back surface of the bumper and making brackets that bolt to the bumper behind the fake grille and above the fog light cavity. I'll have to get pics. My mod stopped when I had to put the front back on to drive the car - right now just black duct tape on the holes. But I also need to get a skinny washer reservoir. Just picked up a used normal one to try the heat-and-smash method.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:40 AM
DimX
Registered Member

This was awesome to see and super helpful. Thank you!