G37 Sedan

Nut & Bolt Assortment

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:01 PM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Nut & Bolt Assortment

Just curious if anyone has purchased an automotive nut and bolt assortment online or in a store. I like having spares around for rusted items as I swap out parts. But, the options I am seeing around look cheap and I would not trust putting them on my car. If anyone has a good link to a quality mix or personal experience with a different method of getting a good collection together. Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by JustROLLIN
Just curious if anyone has purchased an automotive nut and bolt assortment online or in a store. I like having spares around for rusted items as I swap out parts. But, the options I am seeing around look cheap and I would not trust putting them on my car. If anyone has a good link to a quality mix or personal experience with a different method of getting a good collection together. Please let me know. Thanks.
I'm lucky that our local ACE hardware has a very extensive fastener section with a great assortment of grade 8 metrics, plenty os Stainless fasteners and lots of oddball stuff. Fastenal is a good source if you have one, they don't always sell in small quantities though, but I'd just ask. If you live in a big city I'd call around, you may be surprised, and FWIW I've been to quite a few ACE stores in different places and quite a few of them have huge fastener sections.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:59 PM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I'm lucky that our local ACE hardware has a very extensive fastener section with a great assortment of grade 8 metrics, plenty os Stainless fasteners and lots of oddball stuff. Fastenal is a good source if you have one, they don't always sell in small quantities though, but I'd just ask. If you live in a big city I'd call around, you may be surprised, and FWIW I've been to quite a few ACE stores in different places and quite a few of them have huge fastener sections.
Yeah, I live in a bigger city, Minneapolis. So, I am of no shortage of hardware stores and whatnot. I guess I was just looking for a lazy way, versus going into the store and purchasing an assortment on my own. Appreciate the feedback though, its probably the right way to go to ensure high grade materials.