G37 Sedan

HE talks alot of **** and i need to put him down... if possible

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 10:39 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
At the end of the day no one says, " Oh man! nice Hyundai!"

People saw the G when I first brought it home and the common response was , "wow!"

I think that says it all
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by King 0din
Man, I do want a bike! Not right now, tho. I had a Hyundai. A Sonata 2.0t limited. I broke the drive shaft driving like an A-hole. Yup.
Sorry, but I have to ask how you break a drive-shaft on a FWD car?

As for your race, if the cars are closely matched, driver reaction time and shifting is going to be the biggest thing.
I'll be honest (and I honestly mean no offense) from my street racing days, you BOTH sound like the type I would not race as you had the potential to cause an accident. I say that, not to down you, but to say, PLEASE take it to a track. Plenty of drag race tracks with open days are available and be safe
Old 04-28-2017, 10:42 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
He said its a coupe. No 5.0 in the coupe.
Yea, I was just being thorough in my response.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:51 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by r2dmax

As for your race, if the cars are closely matched, driver reaction time and shifting is going to be the biggest thing.
I'll be honest (and I honestly mean no offense) from my street racing days, you BOTH sound like the type I would not race as you had the potential to cause an accident. I say that, not to down you, but to say, PLEASE take it to a track. Plenty of drag race tracks with open days are available and be safe
Track / strip then brag on here.....Otherwise, street racing is not permitted and will get deleted anyways.

Do a couple runs at the strip first then race your bud. Will give you a feel for your car anyways and upgrade your tires like bl suggested. I know you drive aggressively, same here, but that doesn't make you qualified to street race - no offense.

Best cash I spent was on defensive driving courses at Summit. If you can take a Crown Vic around a 25 MPH hairpin turn at 50-60 MPH, avoid cones being pulled across the road as you haul *** at about 70-80 MPH while maintaining control, and hold a skid for multiple rotations then you might be ok just to race at the strip right away. If not, like Max mentioned, an accident would be expensive for either of you.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:56 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
He said its a coupe. No 5.0 in the coupe.
yup. It's a coupe 3.8 non-rspec.

Last edited by King 0din; 04-28-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:02 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Originally Posted by r2dmax

no offense taken! Public safety first and street racing is way too dangerous anyways. Had enough tickets on me
Old 04-28-2017, 01:16 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Track / strip then brag on here.....Otherwise, street racing is not permitted and will get deleted anyways.

Do a couple runs at the strip first then race your bud. Will give you a feel for your car anyways and upgrade your tires like bl suggested. I know you drive aggressively, same here, but that doesn't make you qualified to street race - no offense.

Best cash I spent was on defensive driving courses at Summit. If you can take a Crown Vic around a 25 MPH hairpin turn at 50-60 MPH, avoid cones being pulled across the road as you haul *** at about 70-80 MPH while maintaining control, and hold a skid for multiple rotations then you might be ok just to race at the strip right away. If not, like Max mentioned, an accident would be expensive for either of you.
Of course. I'll post vids on all this. I'll need to prep things up properly. I'll also talk to him if he wants to do that. There won't be money involved just putting our egos on the line...for now. Lol it'll be cool to see how this all goes down. Any recommendations on these stock tires there, honest? Or anyone else? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:42 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Michellin PPS are what the majority will recommend but Hankook makes a good product as well as Toyo proxes.

Vids are mandatory btw
Old 04-28-2017, 01:57 PM
zonnie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
bruh.. get the basic bolt ons,

Cold air intake
Full exhaust
Tune

Additional,

Sway bars
Clean throttle body

bye bye genesis.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:15 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Originally Posted by zonnie
bruh.. get the basic bolt ons,

Cold air intake
Full exhaust
Tune

Additional,

Sway bars
Clean throttle body

bye bye genesis.
Intake: Stillen Gen3 intake otw.
Full exhaust: debating on what to get.
tune: stock tuned - 285 rwhp
sway bars: looking into it. Cusco for strut
Old 04-28-2017, 02:16 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Michellin PPS are what the majority will recommend but Hankook makes a good product as well as Toyo proxes.

Vids are mandatory btw
I'll start looking into those. I gotchu guys!
Old 04-28-2017, 02:43 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Exhaust isn't going to gain you anything unless you replace the cats with a TP or HFC. Get an ECUtek tune and you'll be giggling by 40 MPH
Old 04-28-2017, 03:36 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Exhaust isn't going to gain you anything unless you replace the cats with a TP or HFC. Get an ECUtek tune and you'll be giggling by 40 MPH
HFC, yes. That dyno was done with ECUtek, but not with Shell premium so the potential gain is still there. Once i finalize what to get for hfc w/ cbe and intake install, I'll be retuning. So yea. I see what u mean.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:01 AM
T-One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you have to ask....prob dont need to be racing in the first place imo. just do it. take an L if you have to.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:30 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Exclamation Update

Unfortunately, HIS car got wrecked in an accident recently. Our dueling situation will be postponed until a new vehicle is in play. As for me, well, more mods until than.