G37 Sedan

Car won't start Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 09:56 PM
firstGride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car won't start Help Please.

First I wanted to let everyone know that I have searched for a while on the starting issues and tried several different things.

Last week I was sitting in a parking lot when the plastic union going into the heater core broke and lost my coolant. I went to the store and got some water and filled up the radiator, turned on the heater and drove my car a few miles before it began overheating. I waited a while. Filled the radiator again and drove it a few more miles. When I stopped I filled it with water but this time the car wouldn't start like the battery died. I waited to get a jump from a friend. I drove the car till it got hot, filled with water, jumped and drove until I got home.

The next day I bought the plastic union, filled the radiator with coolant and started the car. I let it run for about 5 minutes to get it to operating temp and to check for leaks. The car didn't overheat everything was normal so I turned it off and went inside.

The next day I went to start the car and the car would crank but wouldn't turn over. I figured the battery was bad so I replaced it and still cranked but no start. I tried jumping it with the new battery nothing. There were no codes in the ECU since I pulled the battery.

I have been looking online and these are the things I have tried already.

1. Got the new battery tested and charged.
2. Disconnected passenger camshaft sensor.
3. Disconnected crankshaft sensor.
4. Held down gas pedal while starting to go into "clear flood mode". Not sure if that is a real thing.
5. Sprayed starter fluid in the throttle bodies.(Same result. No Spark?)

I bought the car from someone a little over a year ago. They had an aftermarket alarm installed but I never used it or noticed it until one day I looked under the dash. I only have the factory key. I have a feeling it has something to do with the alarm but I'm not sure.

Its a 2009 G37 Journey with 140k miles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by firstGride; 04-18-2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 04-18-2017, 09:59 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?
Old 04-18-2017, 10:20 PM
firstGride

Yes after every attempt at fixing it I tried starting it.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:36 PM
firstGride

Just replaced the Camshaft Position sensor and still same result...
Old 04-19-2017, 05:29 PM
XERXIES_333

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would go out after dark pop the hood and have someone else try starting it and see if you can see any ignition arcing off of any of the wires or ignition bank, as the car has a high amount of miles and you have been moving stuff around under the hood you might have split the rubber casing on one of the ignition wires.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:18 PM
firstGride

Originally Posted by XERXIES_333
I would go out after dark pop the hood and have someone else try starting it and see if you can see any ignition arcing off of any of the wires or ignition bank, as the car has a high amount of miles and you have been moving stuff around under the hood you might have split the rubber casing on one of the ignition wires.

Thanks for the response! I will give it a shot.