G37 Sedan

Leather All Weather Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 02:22 AM
dreday1
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leather All Weather Floor Mats

Hey everyone. I've been ubering for a couple months and decided to invest in some all weather floor mats before someone throws up in my car (I'm in a college town). They should be here in a few weeks, and I wanted to get some thoughts. I bought the following black floor mats with gold stitching:

Amazon Amazon

The seller claims they're made of leather, but some reviews say that they're actually pleather. Either way, as long as it looks good and gets the job done, I don't care too much about the difference between leather and pleather.

I plan on using a fine point sharpie to color the stitching in either Blue or Black. I did about as much research as you can on these Chinese made floor mats, and apparently they are fairly high quality (supposed to be better than OEM and WeatherTech).

I wanted to get some opinions on what color I should use for the stitching, if anyone has bought these before, and if there is a better method to coloring the stitching than using a sharpie. Thanks
Old 04-13-2017, 09:18 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
wow... those look horrible.
I can tell just from those photos it's not leather. It looks like cheap vinyl.

Get the weathertech ones, they are nice and easy to clean. Cheaper too actually.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Grabs a trashcan...

Sorry, just vomited in my mouth a little
Old 04-13-2017, 09:43 AM
SlateBlue G

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Didn't know matts could look ghetto fab
Old 04-13-2017, 10:02 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Its a fairly decent quality vinal. Honestly I was surprised at its durability. I wear steel toe keen sneakers with an agressive tread and the mats have been in the car for 6 months with no tears or issues as of yet. Im in the car a minimum of 70 miles, 6 days a week. I did pay like a third of what you are going to off of Amazon by buying direct on AliExpress though shipping took a month. If you go with AliExpress you can also get diffrent thread colors, such a black, so you dont have to sharpie it.

Also, remember everyone has their own opinion on what makes their cars appeal to them. Personally I think the wearhertek looks tacky as ****. But I know it will do its job. Obviously people are not going to like diamond stitches, but some of us do. Just my 2 cents and a reveiw of the product.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:30 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Well OP said they are already on the way, so a little late to offer other suggestions
I'd go black sharpie, and they might not look that bold in person and at least one review from zer099 confirms that they've been holding up well.

Think the real question is subjecting your G to Uber, hope that works out ok.