G37 Sedan

Replaced Analog Clock, now "mode" and recirculate buttons stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:04 AM
YeeP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Replaced Analog Clock, now "mode" and recirculate buttons stuck

2009 G37x -

Has anyone experienced this? After replacing the clock, the mode and recirculate buttons will get stuck in the depressed position if you push them. I have taken the "face plate" that houses the clock off at least 6 times trying to figure out what is wrong. When the plate is out of the dash the buttons move freely. It is only when you either tighten down the two screws at the bottom of the faceplate or, if you leave them loose, when you put the shifter cover back into the dash (it pushes upward against the bottom of the face plate).

I keep looking to see if there is something behind it that may be "tweaking" the plate a little bit, but it looks clear. Only the CD player is directly behind it.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, I am super frustrated right now.

Thanks...
Old 04-24-2017, 12:45 PM
YeeP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For anyone that also runs into this, there are two "bosses" behind the ac buttons that go into the stereo and keep the circuit board away from touching the metal housing. If you do not have these aligned properly, you can still get this face plate bolted in place without any effort outside of what you expect. This will "tweak" the face plate causing the buttons to jam when you press them in.