Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 09:59 PM
sp3379
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can help me troubleshoot why my Homelink on my 2013 Infiniti G37x stopped working immediately after the installation of a Mirror Tap for my Passport 9500xi radar detector?? I see the power for the mirror on, the Green Light stays steady all times, but when attempting to press any of the 1 of 3 Homelink buttons on the mirror I recieve no response from the mirror at all?

I have tried following the steps to reset the Homelink system by pressing and holding button #1 and #3 together but nothing changes and the LED Green Light on the mirror stays constant (no change)?? The Homelink was working before the mirror tap installation, I was able to reprogram the homelink to where it would flash blinking red LED after holding buttons #1 and #3 and it would connect to my garage opener prior installation of mirror tap..

I have read numerous articles and it appears that part of the problem may involve changing the "Elec Parts" 10amp fuse in the fuse box next to the emergency brake. I have changed out all 10amp fuses in this box except I cannot seem to be able to change the "Elec Parts" fuse, there is a huge white cover or fuse tray that does not seem to want to unhatch fully. It pops out about half way but I cannot seem to get it out to change the fuse completely??

Someone PLEASE HELP!! Let me know if I am troubleshooting this wrong or what next steps should be? I have also double checked the back of the mirror power plug, taken off the mini white cap and can see that all of the power connections are properly placed so it is definitely nothing wrong with the mirror tap install..

Please HELP!
Attached Thumbnails Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500-elec-parts-fuse-tray.jpg   Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500-fuse-box.jpg   Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500-fuse-box-guide.jpg   Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500-mirror-tap-after-install.jpg  
Old 03-19-2017, 01:37 PM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts
I believe fuses #6 and #3 are the ones involved with the mirror. #6 being always hot and #3 only energized when the ignition is on. Since you have power to the detector and at least part of the mirror (green light) I would say we know #3 is good.

If #6 were out you'd also have no clock power and a couple other things. Is your clock working?

If not, that white cover over #6 is a thing called the "extended storage switch" which is for when the car is shipped or sitting unused for a long period. It's there to easily shut off fuse #6 and stop current drain...

Attached below are a couple pics from the service manual about that "switch" including how it operates and how to remove it. I'd say pull it off and make sure the fuse under it is still good. You don't need to put the cover back on but just put a good fuse in the #6 slot.
Attached Thumbnails Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500-1.jpg   Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500-2.jpg  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 AM
sp3379
Registered Member

Thank you so much for your reply!!

I am a little confused by what you mean for #3 and #6 fuses though,.. In the attached fuse diagram can you tell me what name they are directly related to like "Heater Mirror" or "mirror" labels?

Thank you so much for supplying the diagram on the "switch" for the "Elec Parts" switch. I seem to still be unable to wiggle the actual big white switch part off to replace the fuse??

I have checked the clock and it appears to still be working (see attached pic). Unless you are referring to the dialog clock in the middle center console?? What I did notice as well is, I no longer have the "beeping" functionality for the intelligent key when I lock or unlock the car from the door lock feature while keeping the keys in my pocket. Do you happen to know what that means??

Thank you again for your reply, I will continue to try to remove the big white switch.
Attached Thumbnails Homelink Transmitter Not Working After Install of Mirror Tap Passport 9500-digi-clock.jpg  
Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 AM
sp3379
Registered Member

I was able to finally remove the white cover and go figure there was a blown 10amp fuse it was hiding!! Replaced the blown fuse and everything works perfectly again, the homelink garage opener and also the intelligent keyless entry !!!

Thank you so much for your help, you are truly Godsend!!!

**GO INFINITI/NISSAN!! Love these cars!!!*
Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 AM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts
Alright, glad you figured it out. For future reference, your service manuals are here:
Index of /FSM/G37/Sedan/2013
Thanks to the good folks at NICO club.
The following users liked this post:
CJ1957 (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 03:00 PM
CJ1957
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Perfect advice

Had this very same issue occur today with my '08 Coupe S. Same 10 amp fuse was blow and after replacing it, Home-link still retained the two garage doors memories and my analog clock worked again.

Great advice, thanks 13_SkylineSedan!