G37 Sedan

High pitched noise/tone, almost all the time

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 06:35 PM
enuff4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxtog
Yeah, I am pretty much screwed now because it wasn't doing it while it was under warranty

I did learn that it doesn't start making the noise until after it has warmed up a while. Then it is there when the RPM is above idle, all the time. I am actually having to wear earplugs now when I take long trips

I am really pissed that it was a known problem and they didn't perform a recall like they should have done.
Yeh same here... I just picked it up and realized after couple of days... The dealer couldn't duplicate the issue and kept saying it is brake problem....

anyway, I don't neither have warranty so it should be out of my pocket... Should I try buy the new ECU with counter measure. There are some part #s that people succeed and i can get it for around $850.

If I DIY, would it be even derivable and re-flash at the dealership?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:02 AM
bsanalyst

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey man, I don't know if you're still having this issue but I just saw this thread. For me, I had this high pitched sound coming from my radio unit/passenger dash, and it was very intermittent, but almost always came on after a few minutes of driving. Dealer service tech claimed he couldn't hear it, and I believe him, because I feel like it's a noise that you won't hear once you're over 30 LOL.

It drove me crazy and I took matters into my own hands. Research told me that a grounding kit might help, so I made my own grounding kit and installed it onto the car. As soon as that was done, not only did the noise go away, but my audio signal was MUCH better (clearer highs, deeper lows). I honestly think that the G37 came out of the factory with crappy grounding and needs a grounding kit in order to function properly.

I've had the grounding kit installed for more than half a year now, and have never had to go through listening to the high pitched noise.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:56 PM
enuff4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bsanalyst
Hey man, I don't know if you're still having this issue but I just saw this thread. For me, I had this high pitched sound coming from my radio unit/passenger dash, and it was very intermittent, but almost always came on after a few minutes of driving. Dealer service tech claimed he couldn't hear it, and I believe him, because I feel like it's a noise that you won't hear once you're over 30 LOL.

It drove me crazy and I took matters into my own hands. Research told me that a grounding kit might help, so I made my own grounding kit and installed it onto the car. As soon as that was done, not only did the noise go away, but my audio signal was MUCH better (clearer highs, deeper lows). I honestly think that the G37 came out of the factory with crappy grounding and needs a grounding kit in order to function properly.

I've had the grounding kit installed for more than half a year now, and have never had to go through listening to the high pitched noise.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for input. I will definitely try that but where can I buy one? It might cost way less than replacing ecm..
Old 03-30-2017, 01:32 PM
bsanalyst

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep I definitely don't think you need a new ecm though I did consider that at one point. You can buy the stillen grounding kit for a little over 100 or you can do what I and many others did which is make your own for about 30 to 40. There is a diy thread here somewhere that I followed. Good luck
Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
DIY located here.