G37 Sedan

Identify my G37 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 11:44 AM
ihdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Identify my G37 sedan

I have a 2011 g37 sport with a manual transmission. It has a chin spoiler and rear spoiler like the "sport appearance package" but has a manual transmission. I'm wanting to buy one like it with less miles or even newer but my searches come up with the appearance package only being offered as automatic. So what package is this car? Could you get the sport appearance package with a manual?
Old 12-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
All manual G37s are sport models. They have options that automatic equipped "sport appearance pacakge" models don't. In your searching, just know that any/all manual transmission equipped G's that you find are sport models. "Sport appearance package" models are always automatic.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:44 PM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Sport appearance package is solely for awd. I assure you an automatic sport HS every option that the manual sport has...just a different transmission and another foot pedal. I should know...I have one....vlsd and all.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by ihdude
I have a 2011 g37 sport with a manual transmission. It has a chin spoiler and rear spoiler like the "sport appearance package" but has a manual transmission. I'm wanting to buy one like it with less miles or even newer but my searches come up with the appearance package only being offered as automatic. So what package is this car? Could you get the sport appearance package with a manual?
You don't have a package... you have the 6MT. There were three models for the G37 Sedan:
Journey - RWD, 7AT only
Optional Sport Package was real and badged G37S

AWD - 7AT only
Optional Sport Package was appearance only and badged G37xS

6MT - RWD, MT only
Sport Package was standard equipment and the car was badged G37S.
Starting in 2011, the Premium Package with Navigation came standard on the 6MT.

The 6MT Sedan was last produced for the 2013 model year. After that, nada. It wasn't available on the Q40, and certainly not on the Q50; although the manual transmission is available on the Q50 Diesel, but that's only in Europe.

OP, the simple reason why you're having difficulty locating the 6MT Sedan is because the car is very, very uncommon. That's all it is. It's astounding that you don't know what you have, but sometimes people just kind of fall into cars without realizing it. Your 2011 6MT is a solid sport sedan. Lucky guy, IMO.

BTW, that front chin and rear spoiler aren't standard equipment on any G Sedan, regardless of package. They were both individual options on the car.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-23-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:05 PM
ihdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bought the car used of a lease. I was simply looking at sedans with manuals and ran across it. Wife did actually. Love the car. It's also black so it's a sharp looking car.