G37 Sedan

G37 Sedan Reliability History Missing from CR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 09:16 PM
wcladley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Sedan Reliability History Missing from CR?

Hi all,

I've always been interested in the G but never pulled the trigger when they were making them. Now I kind of regret that and I am seeing a number of 13,14, 15 models in my area with about 20K miles and I am thinking about getting one. They are priced well and, since the Q50 is supposed to be not as fun, it seems like the right time.

One thing is jumping about at me though. The reliability data on the G37 is missing from consumerreports.org. I remember reading that this car was reliable in issues of years past, but CR has no data on them on the website. Is there an issue behind this? Was there some recall or something? I am hoping to go by the anecdotal evidence on these forums, but just want to make sure I won't be buying a problem.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:40 PM
DavidTB
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought a 2013 G37XS a few months ago and it was in the CR auto issue from 2015. It had very good marks, the new Q50 not so good. My guess would be that since the G37 is a discontinued model its no longer on the web site. Might still show up in the Feb auto issue for a couple of years.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:47 PM
wcladley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidTB
I just bought a 2013 G37XS a few months ago and it was in the CR auto issue from 2015. It had very good marks, the new Q50 not so good. My guess would be that since the G37 is a discontinued model its no longer on the web site. Might still show up in the Feb auto issue for a couple of years.
Cool. Thanks. I do remember it being one of the more reliable sport/luxury models.