G37 Sedan

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016 | 06:16 PM
Na1ddo

I prefer the plastic Rings over the Metal ones bc they come off easier, but those should fix it
The following users liked this post:
Emanon (08-21-2016)
Old 08-22-2016 | 03:01 PM
Emanon
Registered Member

Hey guys...unfortunately I'm here again I celebrated early. I was driving today on the highway and when I hit 80 I felt the vibration on the steering wheel again...not too terrible but it's there and seats seem to be shaking too. so, new wheels and new tires balanced and rebalanced multiple times..tires changed, aluminum hubrings installed. What else can I do? I'm taking it to the dealership on Wednesday for them to raise it up and check. What else could it be? Any ideas? Someone had mentioned end links...I'll have a them look into that. What else can I have them check or what else can it be? Thanks guys.
Old 08-22-2016 | 03:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Tough to do over the internet. If you can isolate it to one wheel/tire (assuming one of them is the culprit) then at least you either have the tire or wheel replaced, or maybe get lucky and have it remounted and rebalanced and it will improve. End links even when bad probably won't cause the vibration, but make more of an unstable drive when pushed.
If I were to guess at this point you may have a poor tire and they can look fine but a defect can result in vibration at speed.

And if you've been going round & round w/ the same shop you might take it somewhere new at this point.
Emanon (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016 | 03:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

33 years ago, I brought a brand new Pontiac Firebird. Right from the beginning, that car had a persistent vibration at a few different speeds. I must have brought it back to the dealership IDK how many times, chasing down tires, wheels, bearings, whatever. Finally, an outside mechanic suggested I have them test the driveshaft. Damn thing was ever so slightly bent. Don't know how or why, but it was... I watched them measure it.

In the end, they replaced the driveshaft, and problem solved.
Emanon (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016 | 05:34 PM
Emanon
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
33 years ago, I brought a brand new Pontiac Firebird. Right from the beginning, that car had a persistent vibration at a few different speeds. I must have brought it back to the dealership IDK how many times, chasing down tires, wheels, bearings, whatever. Finally, an outside mechanic suggested I have them test the driveshaft. Damn thing was ever so slightly bent. Don't know how or why, but it was... I watched them measure it.

In the end, they replaced the driveshaft, and problem solved.
Thanks Rochester. I'll have them look at the drive shaft too. Is it something that they can easily see and determine? I think I've read somewhere here about the g37x's driveshaft.
Old 08-22-2016 | 05:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Emanon
Thanks Rochester. I'll have them look at the drive shaft too. Is it something that they can easily see and determine? I think I've read somewhere here about the g37x's driveshaft.
I have no idea, man. Not a mechanic. 30 years ago, I watched them use this tool that pressed up against the shaft and measured variance as it turned. I can only imagine things have changed, or there are other issues regarding driveshaft balance. I suspect it's the kind of thing that is balanced once during manufacturing, and never again... unless racecar.

Get out the google, do some research, email your mechanic, call your local Infiniti service department, etc. Good luck.
Emanon (08-22-2016)