G37 Sedan

New G37x owner...with a big comfort problem.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 07:52 PM
SeanC77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herbicider, it sounds like we have very similar problems. I have tried various adjustments with varying results.

Kickintheglass, I've been working on doing exactly what you recommended about seating position and it helps a bit, but by 20 or 30 minutes I'm ready to get out. Unfortunately my commute is 45-50 minutes.

I don't use the lumbar at all, it's not even close to supportive or comfy for me and just puts a bunch of pressure on and just hurts after a short time.

So to date the best I've accomplished is to have somewhat less pain and be able to tolerate my daily commute. By no means comfortable though. I've never encountered a problem like this in 23 years of car ownership. Not in my '84 Camaro, '88 Hyundai, '93 T-bird, '93 Firebird Formula, '00 A6, '05 Outback, and a bunch of FWD GM "beaters" when I used to put my Firebird away for the winters. I'm more comfy in my friend's' Jeep Wrangler for crying out loud! Never have I had this issue before.

Sorry to sound so whiny, but I'm extremely disappointed right now. Anyway, thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I'll keep experimenting and trying to get used to it, if all else continues to fail, I'll seek out an upholsterer and see if they have any ideas.

Sean
Old 08-21-2016, 01:44 AM
Alcaponed

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I get random lower back pain too for some reason but that's in almost any car. In this car I increase the lumbar support, make my seat more upright, and also using the seat heater helps sometimes too. If I've been driving for a while I turn the seat heater on and it helps relax my back.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:09 AM
SeanC77

For me it isn't random. It's every morning and afternoon, M-F. I'm not talking about a 300 mile trek here, I'm not a salesman, if I drove that much I'd understand it. I'm talking about 30 miles each way. The lumbar support hits too low and just causes uncomfortable pressure instead of support so I don't use it at all. I've found that sitting more upright and making sure my hips stay planted back in the seat helps, but why should I have to work so hard to contort into an unnatural position for me just to alleviate pain. Any other car I've had has just been drop into the seat, maybe a quick shift or two and off I go, fine for the journey. So far my commute is tolerable at best and get-me-outta-this-thing on the bad days.

I'm also disappointed in the ride on anything but very good roads(apparently the roads on my test drives were much better than the ones on my commute). I now don't understand how this is sold as a luxury car. I'm starting to wish I'd bought a Lexus or Lincoln or Taurus or just about any damn thing else.

Since trading it would result in a huge hit and private sale can be a complete pain, I'll keep going on trying to make it work for me. With any luck, I'll have a good update at some point.

Thanks,

Sean
Old 08-21-2016, 11:52 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Hoping you get some resolution without having to get rid of it. And yeah, the G is a sport based Sedan and will not have the ride of something more up for highway cruising. It's also not as quiet and plush. In your case it's too bad you didn't cross shop a bit more, nothing worse than having remorse for something w/ significant cost.
G/L Sean
Old 11-01-2016, 09:31 PM
krouri

If problem still there I shared the same issue as you. Buying this solved the issue completely for me. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/who-rae-.../6000189150324
Attached Thumbnails New G37x owner...with a big comfort problem.-img_20161101_211557.jpg