Old 05-31-2016, 10:00 AM
jguti03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing major in over 30k miles here. Just the inifiti dash clock backlight
Old 08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
BigGrizzDipper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great

Care overall is bulletproof. Brakes can wear out a bit premature and nissan rotors warp easily. But suspension has been solid, engine and transmission feel solid, and the interior has held up well for me. Great car, will ride it until 200k at least, the miles come easily on this car. 60k, feels like it's brand new.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:01 PM
TechnikSLR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigGrizzDipper
Care overall is bulletproof. Brakes can wear out a bit premature and nissan rotors warp easily. But suspension has been solid, engine and transmission feel solid, and the interior has held up well for me. Great car, will ride it until 200k at least, the miles come easily on this car. 60k, feels like it's brand new.
how many miles are you getting on a set of brakes?
Old 08-12-2016, 09:11 PM
BigGrizzDipper

Had them done at 32k. Brought them in for shudder in highway, had warped. I'm at 60k now and feel I may have another 10k left but haven't checked them, but pedal feels low. Wife's Nissan Murano warped sometime before 25k, and while not the same car I've read Nissan/info rotors warp occasionally. If they continue every 30k I'll be happy
Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 PM
TechnikSLR

Originally Posted by BigGrizzDipper
Had them done at 32k. Brought them in for shudder in highway, had warped. I'm at 60k now and feel I may have another 10k left but haven't checked them, but pedal feels low. Wife's Nissan Murano warped sometime before 25k, and while not the same car I've read Nissan/info rotors warp occasionally. If they continue every 30k I'll be happy
Thanks. I think Im due. I have the shudder during braking
Old 08-16-2016, 11:52 AM
nintendo5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 G37x here, car has been trouble free for the 1 year I bought it, at 70k now. But itching for something with more powaa! For the love of god, do not get the X with the 7at, it just feels sluggish.

Coming from a '03 g35 coupe which was much more fun in driving/handling than this pig.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:58 PM
SlateBlue G

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
After 8 years of ownership the only pains of the G37 coupe is the god awful clutch system. Gave me atleast 100k miles though. After 135k miles of ownership the only things that went bad was the thermostat and 1 upstream o2 sensor. These motors are rock solid.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
I had my 09 for almost 2 years now, bought it with 75k, now I have 90k. I had the clutch slave cylinder go bad and the rear timing chain cover gallery gaskets. Both weren't cheap but these two things are known issues and obviously not every G will have these issues. Hopefully nothing else will go but they definitely didn't help with the car's reliability because both issues rendered the car undriveable
Old 09-23-2017, 09:43 PM
nooney

I have owned my '09 G37xS for 7 years, bought it one year old w/ 24K miles, now at 151K miles and it has been the BEST car I've ever owned. Done fluid changes every 50K, front/rear diff, transfer case & auto trans, brakes & front bearings both sides. Every now & again think about selling it but the damned thing still rips and makes me smile.
The following users liked this post:
doctorg37xs (10-01-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 09:51 AM
BigGrizzDipper

Originally Posted by nooney
I have owned my '09 G37xS for 7 years, bought it one year old w/ 24K miles, now at 151K miles and it has been the BEST car I've ever owned. Done fluid changes every 50K, front/rear diff, transfer case & auto trans, brakes & front bearings both sides. Every now & again think about selling it but the damned thing still rips and makes me smile.

What are your favorite tires over that time period on the car?
Old 09-26-2017, 06:18 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I think I bought the car either at 47K or 54K; can't remember off top of my head. But I'm at around 84K and car hasn't given me any trouble beyond normal maintenance. It's kind of nice.

One of the biggest problems in my car is that the drivers side window likes to loosen up randomly while in drive. It's fine when parked, but when I start driving I'll sometimes hear wind noise and know to close my window. After I roll it back up, the problem will go away until I turn the car off; then it's random again. Not really surprised because Nissans are kind of infamous for little electrical gremlins.

My transmission feels a little funky at times, but it's been this way since I bought the car. May just be an inherent characteristic of 7AT. Power delivery in very low RPM(close to 1K) 2nd gear is very inconsistent. Sometimes it will be smooth, and other times it will feel very jerky. Only happens in manual mode. And sometimes when decelerating, there will be a rough downshift. There's a delayed shift feeling and then you hear a mild/moderate clunk sound. Sounds like new manual driver almost not getting into gear. TSB update did not help much.

All in all, still a very reliable vehicle. Over 30K in this car and my biggest complaint is the MPG.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:38 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I cant speak for high mileage G37's since I'm currently at 165k but my car has been absolutely bulletproof thus far. Actually it might be 166k. I bought my car with 153k.

I replaced a battery. I think I left the car in acc mode, bought a battery to ensure proper starting. I need to replace the front brakes eventually. I have brake rotors and pads for it. I also have Diff Fluid (Mobil 1), plan on doing both at the same time. I will need some front tires soon and don't like my rear tires. Been looking at getting some wheels to allow a square setup. I had the transmission serviced, sometimes it shifts like a rifle on a fast start in low gear.

22 MPG. It has some quirks but she is a good car.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:25 PM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
About to hit 100K and have had no problems so far. I do all my maintenance myself and everything has been running smooth.. the only thing I've struggled with is a seized 02 sensor in one of the catalytic converters, but that's not really the car's fault.
Gcoupe37x (06-26-2019)
Old 10-25-2017, 10:26 PM
milosz
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Change all the fluids on a rational schedule and the major stuff will hold together for lots and LOTS of miles. I'd say do the ATF and (if present) AWD driveline every 30~40,000, brake fluid every 2~3 years, coolant every 2~3 years, and use synthetic oil and change every 5,000 or so- but if you're like me and drive less than 5,000 miles a year, then do not go longer than 12 months on an oil / filter change. With lots of short trips, the oil may not get hot enough to drive out all the moisture and volatiles that get in there, so it's probably a good idea to go no longer than a year even if less than 5,000 miles are on the oil.

And don't forget to change the power steering fluid, too! Probably 30~40,000 miles is good here, but change more often if you're in a dusty climate like the Sahara....

If you read reports that collect reliability data like JD Powers, Consumer Reports, and US News, you'll see that the G37 started as quite a reliable car and then improved until in 2013/14 it was "much better than average" - and this is overall reliability, not just the oily bits. A 2013 G37 isn't quite a Lexus in terms of reliability, but it is quite close- and has more character and provides more fun than a Lexus- at a considerably lower used-car price. There's lots of low mileage G37's out there for very reasonable money.

The two things I like LEAST about my 2013 G37x: the cupholders are goofy, and I wish Infiniti had made the car in some more interesting paint options. Pretty minor stuff, I think you'll agree.

The Q50, on the other hand, has not fared as well. Reliability reports from the usual sources for the Q50 are not very good.
Gcoupe37x (06-26-2019)
Old 11-09-2017, 02:08 PM
dreday1
Registered Member

Just hit 110k with 2010 g37x sedan, haven't had many issues. Sunroof draining tubes got clogged at 100k and as a result the passenger side floor got significant amount of water. Cleaned out the tubes and dried it out, haven't had an issue since. Battery died after 6 years. Only other complaint is that my car has significant amount of rattles when playing music. No rattles when driving without music though.

Quick Reply: How is G37's reliability?