G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 09:33 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Mkhlmnn
Diffuser yes completely hard to justify especially compared to SC haha but do some hunting and you can find some good bargains on the lip spoilers, you can even leave the chrome trim like with mine.
I'm hoping to get lucky at some point with someone looking to sell. Otherwise, it'll wait until I have the power to back the aggression!
Old 07-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Ish2011g37x
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Didnt get a chance to catch a pick while it was on the lift. Fi cats and cbe. 3 of 6 bolts on the cats was a *itch. I saw one of the extensions being used snap like a tooth pick. Its funny previous posts talk about diffuser because now i look at this and feel like it needs a diffuser. Seems with modding you add one piece to then realize now it needs another piece to compliment.
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (07-11-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Nice! I wish Fast Intentions was in my budget.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Another vote for John's suggestion! The slammer one you are looking at is a bit too "boring" IMO.
I know this will be inappropriate but,
That carbon fiber **** gave me wood.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:04 AM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Too busy to post it, but this past weekend I had an ECUtek tune done to my 11 G37xS. Made decent gains for only having FI RHFC and Takedas. Came in with 226whp, left with 241whp.

Was going to wait and get a FI catback, but I just got married and I rather my last hoorah be a tune ....plus it's double the price of the tune so nahh I'm good.

From all the reading on the threads of guys hitting close to 300whp after getting tuned that when I first saw 226whp I was like WTH is wrong with my G! Tuner had to explain to me how it's different for AWDs haha.

Overall, MPG has definitely increased. Car idles lower and just feels like I'm driving an accord or another efficient vehicle during normal driving. Of course going WOT makes me look like . Moving from VA to CO in about a month so I'm expecting power to drop some. The vibration from the FI RHFC appears to be gone too somehow so that's another plus.

Tuner said he had a G37 before that showed big gains from long tube headers and that was the best mod he's seen put down numbers consistently. Definitely the opposite to what I've read on here lol.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:40 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz

Too busy to post it, but this past weekend I had an ECUtek tune done to my 11 G37xS. Made decent gains for only having FI RHFC and Takedas. Came in with 226whp, left with 241whp.

Was going to wait and get a FI catback, but I just got married and I rather my last hoorah be a tune ....plus it's double the price of the tune so nahh I'm good.

From all the reading on the threads of guys hitting close to 300whp after getting tuned that when I first saw 226whp I was like WTH is wrong with my G! Tuner had to explain to me how it's different for AWDs haha.

Overall, MPG has definitely increased. Car idles lower and just feels like I'm driving an accord or another efficient vehicle during normal driving. Of course going WOT makes me look like . Moving from VA to CO in about a month so I'm expecting power to drop some. The vibration from the FI RHFC appears to be gone too somehow so that's another plus.

Tuner said he had a G37 before that showed big gains from long tube headers and that was the best mod he's seen put down numbers consistently. Definitely the opposite to what I've read on here lol.
It was probably just a conservative dyno, as long as you made some more power with your mods, that's all that matters.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Ish2011g37x
Registered Member

Shellz so feeling some vibration is common when rhfc are installed seems to confirm what I'm feeling when accelerating. How long did it take before it disappeared? Thanks
Old 07-12-2016, 08:34 AM
PG-v36_6MT

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Shellz, I met you at Ptuning lol. Glad to hear you got some nice gains after the tune.
The following users liked this post:
SheLLz (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 09:50 AM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ish2011g37x
Shellz so feeling some vibration is common when rhfc are installed seems to confirm what I'm feeling when accelerating. How long did it take before it disappeared? Thanks
Yea it's common. I mainly felt it at idle though. Here is a thread Rochester created on the vibration. He had a custom mount made to fix his. You have to remove the OEM mount when installing them and keep it off. https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...tions-hfc.html

I had the vibration ever since having them installed. So I'm guessing the only ways to fix it is to build a custom mount or get it tuned out.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:57 AM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PG-v36_6MT
Hey Shellz, I met you at Ptuning lol. Glad to hear you got some nice gains after the tune.
Hey thanks man! I was finished like 20mins after we finished talking. Toan Nguyen seems like a legit tuner. Taught me a lot in the short time I spoke with him.

Your car made me entertain the idea of lowering my car some. Maybe swifts?...but idk if it will be as functional since I'm going to CO lol.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Yea it's common. I mainly felt it at idle though. Here is a thread Rochester created on the vibration. He had a custom mount made to fix his. You have to remove the OEM mount when installing them and keep it off. https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...tions-hfc.html

I had the vibration ever since having them installed. So I'm guessing the only ways to fix it is to build a custom mount or get it tuned out.
I'm thinking back on this with some irony, because in the context of NVH introduced with the Z1 Transmission mount, a little bit of exhaust vibration barely registers.

However, there is some peace of mind that the bracket is doing its primary job, which is to provide added support to the exhaust components, and why I pursued this in the first place.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Ish2011g37x
Registered Member

I'll be stopping by the shop so they can asses and see what options I have. I am also hearing as if some air is being sucked up. I'll have them make sure the gaskets are all aligned. They did mention it may be a little tight and rubbing. With the article provided, thanks btw, I have some info to present them.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:17 PM
bigmike35nj

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Finally got my car aligned and painted my center caps semi gloss black!!!!
Old 07-12-2016, 09:18 PM
bigmike35nj

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Center caps

Prett close match. Just no metallic.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Sedan today?-image.jpeg  
Old 07-12-2016, 09:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice job on the new powdercoat color Mike, great to be back to a happy place again eh?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?