What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 02:19 PM
Josh South
Registered Member

Received 85 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
It does clearly say "off-road only".
This is clearly my off-road rig. 4x4 with a rooftop tent. I don't take that statement seriously as half of the aftermarket parts I put on my car say this when they are clearly designed to be used by a car that drives on the street.
With the low beams on, the brightness is perfectly acceptable. The horizontal pattern of the light is much wider and brighter, so I can actually see down in the ditch. Which is great as there are a lot of deer around here.
Old 11-20-2023, 05:05 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 263 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by RobC7
I've setup an appointment to get mine replaced on next Thursday. I replaced by diff fluid 2 years/13k miles ago but I'll have them do it again because it won't hurt.
@RobC7 Did you have the work done? Notice any difference? I have been driving mine for a week with the blown bushing and I honestly would not have known it failed were it not for noticing the oil on the floor of the garage.

@Josh South I am seriously considering @MotorvateDIY fix as I have been following the comments on his popular YouTube video and it appears that the fix has now held up fine for years.

I do have a question about what Frank states at 3:03 in the video. If the sides of the bushing are solid rubber, does this mean that you must fill the top and bottom portions independent of one another? I ask because there are some comments on the same video which state that if you start filling from the bottom, that the epoxy should flow up to the top? If they are independent, should I assume that the because the top rear portion ruptured, that the bottom portion of the bushing still contains fluid?

Old 11-21-2023, 11:52 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by socketz67
@RobC7 Did you have the work done? Notice any difference? I have been driving mine for a week with the blown bushing and I honestly would not have known it failed were it not for noticing the oil on the floor of the garage.
11/20 done by TF Works
- new axle seals
- redline differential fluid
- whiteline differential bushings
- alignment

The difference is night and day. Previously I installed the Bellworks differential brace and noticed a big difference but after getting the bushing replaced the whole driveline feels so much solid between shifts, accel, and decel. My car is a 6spd so I expect the bushing to do more work than on an automatic car.

Honestly if you have an auto and don't do any spirited driving I would not bother unless you have a hole burning in your pocket.

I had to drive the car home in the rain so now I'll have to wash it one more time before the snowfall. Hoping to find a spot somewhere nearby to take some pictures to share.
The following 2 users liked this post by RobC7:
Josh South (11-27-2023), socketz67 (11-21-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Unwilling to part with $120 for a new dead pedal, I found one on eBay for $30 shipped.

Rolling the dice with ebay, LOL.
Nope. The eBay dead pedal showed up today, and it is not the same dead pedal that's in my 6MT.

Well that sucks. Meh, I'm done. My crappy dead pedal will just have to live on.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:53 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 263 Likes on 220 Posts
Nope. The eBay dead pedal showed up today, and it is not the same dead pedal that's in my 6MT.

Is yours in really bad@Rochester ? I've seen a couple of pics of your interior, and most items visible in the pics look pristine. I wonder if some never dull would clean it up? Is the pedal aluminum, or just plastic with an aluminum film?
Old 11-28-2023, 01:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by socketz67
Is yours in really bad@Rochester ? I've seen a couple of pics of your interior, and most items visible in the pics look pristine. I wonder if some never dull would clean it up? Is the pedal aluminum, or just plastic with an aluminum film?
It's the original, factory dead pedal for the 6MT Sedan, (plastic I believe) and it's pretty worn out. The one I bought through eBay looks a lot like it, but is shorter. I wonder if there are different dead pedals for the 6MT vs the 7AT.

In any event, it's a no go, and I'm done. My summer matt covers most of it anyway.

Pristine, huh? Well, thanks. It's OK enough, but there are certainly problem areas.
Old 11-28-2023, 02:01 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 187 Posts

Ouch! It was noted in the original thread for the Sport pedals the dead pedal is different between the 6MT and Auto.
Old 11-28-2023, 02:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RobC7
Ouch! It was noted in the original thread for the Sport pedals the dead pedal is different between the 6MT and Auto.
Dammit, Rob.

Old 11-28-2023, 03:37 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
Likely because the foot-pedal ebrake in the non-sport models.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:17 PM
PDG
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Took advantage of the Diode Dynamics black Friday sale and ordered their SLF 780 lumen fogs in yellow for the G37S and R51 Pathfinder. Also ordered the tail as turn module and a trunk LED. Installed it all yesterday.

Didn't want to remove the bumper cover, so I removed almost all the bolts on the Z1 under tray and the bolts under the car holding the fender liner on. It allowed me barely enough space to slide my hand behind the fog lights and install them. My wrists and forearms have a few scratches, but I succeed in not having to remove the bumper cover. In hind sight, removing the bumper cover may have been faster than putting the car on jack stands and removing a couple dozen bolts underneath the car.

I found it interesting how easy the Pathfinder was in comparison. Remove the front wheels and it's just 3 screws on each side to access the fogs.

Old 12-01-2023, 11:08 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

I just couldn't get excited about any BF sales this year. The 35HR ported mani was $50 off; that's not enough to worry about TBH and it would have had to sit on the shelf for a while before I was ready to install. I've got enough stuff sitting waiting on me to have time LOL.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:10 AM
backman_66
Registered Member

Received 145 Likes on 104 Posts
I behaved this Black Friday and didn't buy a single thing because I'm focusing on paying off the G within the next 3 months. And then my wife's car within 6 months. Gonna be nice!
The following users liked this post:
Josh South (12-03-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Rochester
Administrator

It's December 1st, and I'm swapping my Vossens & summers tires for the Duckfeet & snows.

I was going to do this on Thanksgiving weekend, but found a couple of wheel weights on the floor where the snows were stored . So I figured it was time to rebalance them all.

I also need to swap out my summer floor matts for the winters, and my summer shift **** for the winter version.

Winter is coming.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:15 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Similar. G is paid for in May. CX5 has been paid for and active search for replacement will be ASAP after the new year.

I did treat myself to a few black-friday-week amazon deals on fake legos (Niteliz etc) that were on my wish list. Otherwise I'm not allowed to buy myself stuff during December (so the wife has something to look for).
Old 12-01-2023, 12:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by rotarymike
Similar. G is paid for in May. CX5 has been paid for and active search for replacement will be ASAP after the new year.

I did treat myself to a few black-friday-week amazon deals on fake legos (Niteliz etc) that were on my wish list. Otherwise I'm not allowed to buy myself stuff during December (so the wife has something to look for).
My mortgage will be paid off in May. Been looking forward to that for 30 years, LOL.

Black Friday was good to me this year. I finally bought a new computer, and knocked $400 off the $1600 ticket. So I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Hmm... on topic with cars, I bought one of those little air compressors this week, and tried it out today. Worked like a charm, although you have to be a lot more patient with it than if you were using an air tank system. Just set a PSI and hit the Go button, and it does it all on its own, which is pretty cool.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
abrecos (12-10-2023), socketz67 (12-03-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?