G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 01:25 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
A compressor not turning off has nothing to do with the compressor itself. It's the Amp meter detecting that desired temp has not been met and keeps the compressor on. Using a thermometer in the center vents will likely range between 40-50F. Shut off is around 35F. So since full freeze over has not happened neither has target temp means that compressor will stay on.

Usually because of lack of Freon, it shoots up the high side and the High PSI switch detects too much pressure on the high side and it turns off the compressor.

My best advice is to have the system recovered by the machine and insert between 1.18 - 1.21lbs and test again. Keep the thermometer in the car for a month to familiarize yourself with the temps.
The system can be very intricate however the software makes it all behave similarly to basic ones.

It's when the common attempts fail that you should look into the latter.
​​​​​​You are right I should refill the system properly and go from there. KISS approach. At least the new cans can have leak detector dye in them and can check for leaks.

My issue is that it's acting as if the compressor is shutting off but so far it's staying ON in my testing. Which removes some variables. When I checked pressures it met the appropriate vent temp but this isnt super helpful because of the ECV.

​​​​
Old 03-29-2023, 09:28 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Filed under "Things you've always wanted to do but just never got around to it."

Bought one of those Chemical Guys wash buckets, with a lid and dirt trap. It showed up today, and it sure is sturdy! Much more so than I expected.

So yes, I've been washing cars by hand without benefit of a dirt trap in my bucket. Old school stupid, I suppose. But in my defense, I always washed cars top-down.

This reminded me of something random. Just bit of advice to everyone that has a Firehouse Sub close by, you can get their big pickle buckets for like $2-5 donation to firefighters. They make amazing car wash buckets.
The following users liked this post:
SupraOfDoom (03-29-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 12:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Today... summer floor matts, and summer shift ****, back on the car.

Those are the easy swaps, LOL. Vossens go back on the car this Sunday. Probably
Josh South (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 01:17 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Today... summer floor matts, and summer shift ****, back on the car.

Those are the easy swaps, LOL. Vossens go back on the car this Sunday. Probably
I'm still torn with my wheel situation. I really don't want to make any more large purchases, but I need new tires this summer, and the temptation to get a new set of wheels is serious. I was looking at Konig Hypergrams in matte grey or bronze. But I don't know if dropping an extra 1.5-2k CAD is a smart financial decision at this point of my car's life. Wheels aside, I dont tend to cheap out on tires either, so that's another big purchase a few weeks ahead of me.

I also completely forgot to put my weathertech mats in this winter, so my carpet portion of the nice floormats is a bit 'worn'

I ended up ordering some 2k paint to have some more fun with the engine bay this summer.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Life is short, and if you have the means to treat yourself to the things you want, then go for it!

That's the advice I always give when spending other people's money.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
abrecos (04-29-2023), hexotic (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 06:41 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

hahaha, well, the konigs I'm looking at fit the exact same tires as my current wheels, so I can always upgrade later on.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:55 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 1,082 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
I'm still torn with my wheel situation. I really don't want to make any more large purchases, but I need new tires this summer, and the temptation to get a new set of wheels is serious... I don't know if dropping an extra 1.5-2k CAD is a smart financial decision at this point of my car's life. .
I am in the exact same boat as you. How much more money do I want to throw at a 15/16-old-car that gets driven less than 5-6k miles/year? Especially for "cosmetics?" I really need/want wheels but new prices are ridiculous and the few used sets that come along that I like are either shot or, as is the case for me, won't fit.

But, as Rochester said, if you have the means and the desire, then why not?
Life is short, and if you have the means to treat yourself to the things you want, then go for it!
The plan and simple truth. Could not have said it any more succinctly.
hexotic (04-06-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 03:05 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
Today I put my oem sport springs back on the rear. Even with the poly spacers, with the nismo red z springs the back sat way too low and was harsh. Started the car and moved it for the first time since last June or so just to turn it around in the driveway. Felt good to be in the drivers seat, albeit briefly (no coolant and no air filters at the moment).

Last edited by rotarymike; 04-08-2023 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:15 AM
2012G37
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
After sitting in a body shop for 4months. The engine bay was dusty(forgot to take a before pic) Gave her a lil TLC. May buy some additional tools to wipe difficult spots.

The following 2 users liked this post by 2012G37:
Rochester (04-09-2023), STownSaint (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 02:11 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Two-buckets with dirt traps is a must for black cars especially.

And if you ever get a professional detail (multi-step polish, etc.), the method and materials used for handwashing goes a long way in maintaining that smooth clearcoat

Also found a mobile mechanic who's willing to do a bunch of odd jobs for me. Funny guy too
Old 04-09-2023, 02:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Spring 2023

Swapped out my winter wheels today for my Vossens. Every year I say I'm getting too old for this crap, and every year that gets more and more true. Bringing wheels up from the basement and carting them out to the garage, and then back down again with the old ones. Twice a year, LOL. Three sets of lug nuts because of winter spacers. It's a lot.

Here's a potato pic... in my truly crappy garage. Not the garage I want, but it's the garage I got and happy to have one. Love my 100 year old house, but after nearly 3 decades it will be time to move on.

The following 3 users liked this post by Rochester:
abrecos (04-29-2023), Josh South (04-11-2023), philttz (04-10-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 07:47 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Recharged my AC, found both High and Low pressure service ports to be leaking so replaced the schrader valves and put dye in. Still has the same issue as before just not as bad (gets warm momentarily) im pretty close to just wanting to swap out the AC parts.

Installed the 370z front subframe braces (LINK TO THREAD), turn in feels a bit more positive, worth it for the $50 I spent on the whole thing.

Rochester (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 08:36 AM
philttz
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Swapped out my winter wheels today for my Vossens. Every year I say I'm getting too old for this crap, and every year that gets more and more true. Bringing wheels up from the basement and carting them out to the garage, and then back down again with the old ones. Twice a year, LOL. Three sets of lug nuts because of winter spacers. It's a lot.

Here's a potato pic... in my truly crappy garage. Not the garage I want, but it's the garage I got and happy to have one. Love my 100 year old house, but after nearly 3 decades it will be time to move on.

I feel your pain, ain't getting old fun
Old 04-10-2023, 08:50 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by philttz
I feel your pain, ain't getting old fun
Day after, and my neck & back ache quite a bit. Getting old sucks.

Pretty sure that next car will just get tires swapped at the shop on a single set of year-round wheels, like my wife's and kids' cars. It's expensive, and time consuming, but more age appropriate.
philttz (04-11-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 10:46 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Day after, and my neck & back ache quite a bit. Getting old sucks.

Pretty sure that next car will just get tires swapped at the shop on a single set of year-round wheels, like my wife's and kids' cars. It's expensive, and time consuming, but more age appropriate.
At that point you can still have a nice set of summers and have the shop store them seasonally for you. Treat yourself.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?