G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 10:57 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Installed a pair of SPL FUCA's I got from another member here, I must have added some caster back cause steering feel is much better now. Still drives straight, Alignment on Thursday.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:31 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Installed a pair of SPL FUCA's I got from another member here, I must have added some caster back cause steering feel is much better now. Still drives straight, Alignment on Thursday.

I suspect the same. If you pay attention to the OEM arm, the ball joint is in an angle. So by adjusting both end evenly you move the caster towards the back, positive so just like sport bike vs chopper a straighter knuckle closer to the chassis will corner a bit better.
Still needs to be put back in spec so make sure you tell the rack that you have upper control arms that will need adjustment. Most places assume these parts dont let you touch caster since most caster adjustments come as a separate entity.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:00 AM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
Still needs to be put back in spec so make sure you tell the rack that you have upper control arms that will need adjustment. Most places assume these parts dont let you touch caster since most caster adjustments come as a separate entity.
Thanks! I have had some bad experiances with alignments over the years so now I get my alignments done at a raceshop (Ernie Bello in WPB) and they know what's up

Since its a DD with some Autox prob will go with these settings.

Front : -1.8 Deg Camber, 0 Toe, 6deg+ Caster
Rear: -1.5-1.8 Deg Camber, OEM Toe.

Once I get tires for my wheels I will be ready to fit them with all the adjustments hah.
The following users liked this post:
BULL (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 10:13 AM
G37_Architect
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Rainy day, but finally got my Forgestar's installed! 19x9 +35, 19x10 +42

The following 7 users liked this post by G37_Architect:
2GoRNot2G (12-07-2022), abrecos (12-08-2022), BULL (12-06-2022), FrogmanKouki (12-07-2022), philttz (12-07-2022), socketz67 (12-22-2022), STownSaint (12-06-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-07-2022, 11:18 AM
FrogmanKouki
Registered Member

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
Put some new tires on old wheels for my all season setup. I borrowed the G35 wheels I had on my S14 and put some larger OD tires on them so I wouldn't be using my summer tires through the winter.

The brakes are as about as close a fit that I feel comfortable with but at least I didn't have to source a different wheel solution.

G35 Coupe wheels with Firehawk AS2 tires

Spokes have plenty of clearance, it's the barrel and wheel weights that make for a tight fit.

The following 2 users liked this post by FrogmanKouki:
philttz (12-08-2022), STownSaint (12-09-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 02:03 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Admins, feel free to remove if not allowed. But sadly what I did was list my G for sale I have a 3rd kid on the way and need a car that can fit 3 car seats.

Probably getting a 2013 Charger Pursuit, which Chargers have 3 full sets of seat hooks in the back seats.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:20 AM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
^bummer to hear, but fam comes first

Always loved the design of those 7-spoke G35 18s up there. I think they look great, brakes look neat in that color as well (was tempted several times to have mine repainted, but the OEM finish has held up fine for me)
Old 12-12-2022, 02:48 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers

Are those adjustable with them installed? Im hating Z1 for that reason, have to remove them to make adjustments and its killing me. My alignment guy gave up and my camber is off by 0.5 on one side
Old 12-12-2022, 02:52 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hexotic
Are those adjustable with them installed? Im hating Z1 for that reason, have to remove them to make adjustments and its killing me.
Yup, they have a double adjuster. You loosen all 3 cap screws and then it's a 1/2" socket at the end to lengthen or shorten it.

My alignment guy still complained it was time consuming but I told him other arms don't have the double adjuster and he thanked me for buying the SPL one hah.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:01 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
I have to hammer out the bolts that hold the FUCA through the spring while putting tension on the spring to make the gap between the spirals more in order for the head of the bolt to fit... Then have to do this again to put it back, reassemble everything only to find out you're off by 0.5 and have to redo it again lol. Because one side its a bit off, the bushing makes loud squeeking noises. They go away when warm, but when the car is cold, its almost embarrassing lol.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:23 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hexotic
I have to hammer out the bolts that hold the FUCA through the spring while putting tension on the spring to make the gap between the spirals more in order for the head of the bolt to fit... Then have to do this again to put it back, reassemble everything only to find out you're off by 0.5 and have to redo it again lol. Because one side its a bit off, the bushing makes loud squeeking noises. They go away when warm, but when the car is cold, its almost embarrassing lol.
you can try removing the 3 Top mount bolts, then when you lower the LCA the shock moves out of the way and you have space to remove the bolts. Its def tricky to align when you have a ton of adjustments!
Old 12-20-2022, 05:38 PM
FrogmanKouki
Registered Member

I didn't do anything to the sedan today but noticed this when pulling down the sun shade... I had sticky dash starting last summer, got a sun shade and now I have cracks. My S14 has been in the garage for years, which does have daylight, crazy that my 25 year old Nissan has no cracks and but my 11 year old sedan has cracks.

The cracks are here

Old 12-20-2022, 07:07 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FrogmanKouki
I didn't do anything to the sedan today but noticed this when pulling down the sun shade... I had sticky dash starting last summer, got a sun shade and now I have cracks. My S14 has been in the garage for years, which does have daylight, crazy that my 25 year old Nissan has no cracks and but my 11 year old sedan has cracks.

The cracks are here
Unfortunately it's a familiar sight on V35s as well, nothing you can do about it other than replace the whole dash or re-wrap it.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:28 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by FrogmanKouki

The cracks are here
Fill up a syringe with some JB black silicone. Fill the crack, let it protrude and dry. Cut the excess flat with a blade.

It will be the best repair you can do, in a few month you'll have to do it again with another crack. If you take care of it now it will be easier to tolerate.

My dash looked like it had 20 children. In some spots it came out perfect however it was too big of a job to try to do it all in one day which I attempted to do and because of this some parts end up looking better than others.

You can always try it on a small end/corner to see if you like the results.

Good luck
The following 2 users liked this post by BULL:
abrecos (12-22-2022), FrogmanKouki (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 08:58 AM
FrogmanKouki
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
Fill up a syringe with some JB black silicone. Fill the crack, let it protrude and dry. Cut the excess flat with a blade.

It will be the best repair you can do, in a few month you'll have to do it again with another crack. If you take care of it now it will be easier to tolerate.

My dash looked like it had 20 children. In some spots it came out perfect however it was too big of a job to try to do it all in one day which I attempted to do and because of this some parts end up looking better than others.

You can always try it on a small end/corner to see if you like the results.

Good luck

Thank you I'll give that a try! Sorry for the late response the holidays kept me away from the forum.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?