G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 02:40 PM
AnotherVQ
Registered Member

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
on the 27th I seafoamed the car. I put 8 oz through the brake booster hose and 24 oz into the fuel tank. The next day when I started the car, I had 2 black marks on the ground where the exhaust tips are. While driving around it felt like it had a little more torque but obviously I don't know. I'm going to put BG 44k treatment through it next, once it arrives.
Old 12-31-2021, 03:57 PM
ChefMatt
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Front Plate Mount - Thanks!

Originally Posted by RMB5190
This is the one I used - it's got a lot of adjustability to it. Very close clearance to my bumper; you will 100% want to replace the washers they provide for a thicker washer and lock washer.

https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Tow-L.../dp/B07FSQVZY2

All good - Thanks! Bummed the Mustang is in hibernation ; 3ish months to go...Hope you're doing well!
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Sure did, but found myself in the scenario that I’d get a ticket each day without a front plate. So had to run to the hardware store to concoct a quick fix. Still might go the tow hook route at some point, I think most of the ones I’ve seen online seem to stick out kinda far

Btw hope all’s well up in your neck of the woods
I should title this 'What somebody Else Did to My Sedan Today". I just bought the tow hook mount five minutes ago - my beloved aged Aunt backed into me the day after Xmas. I literally just got it back from the shop after new shocks, alignment, and diff brace install. When I unscrewed the broken bracket, looks like the paint is effed. I can see the dust from her bumper tattooed into my paint, but the bumper isn't cracked. Either re-paint or Time for a sport bumper..

Old 12-31-2021, 05:43 PM
AnotherVQ
Registered Member

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
My ghost shadow projectors that came with the car went bad so I replaced them with regular lights.

What did you do to your Sedan today?-shth2ip.jpg
What did you do to your Sedan today?-3gsw4b2.jpg

Old 01-02-2022, 07:20 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Received 83 Likes on 64 Posts
OEM y pipe started leaking so I put on a cheap eBay Y-Pipe for now. I got plans for the exhaust just not before Wheels/Tires and suspension hah.

Though I did order some FI HFCs...I could push my cats in with my fingers during the swap..so I think it's time to swap those out especially since I have to wait 15 weeks or so to get them anyhow.

I drew out the 2.875" gasket ID onto the OEM midpipe (2.25)

And Beveled OEM mid pipe to reduce the hard corner that could produce rasp. I have the HKS mufflers on my sedan and the larger ID Y-Pipe seems to have made the exhaust slightly louder? But the tone is exactly the same as it was before all the way to redline.

And freshly washed and waxed trying out Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Graphene Paste wax.

Last edited by thescreensavers; 01-03-2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:15 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Sure did, but found myself in the scenario that I’d get a ticket each day without a front plate. So had to run to the hardware store to concoct a quick fix. Still might go the tow hook route at some point, I think most of the ones I’ve seen online seem to stick out kinda far

Btw hope all’s well up in your neck of the woods
I used a front license plate bracket from these guys for years on my G. Nice solid mount and fairly easy to disconnect for car shows, etc...

https://skenebrackets.com/
The following 2 users liked this post by 2GoRNot2G:
Rochester (01-03-2022), STownSaint (01-04-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 11:15 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Though I did order some FI HFCs...I could push my cats in with my fingers during the swap..so I think it's time to swap those out especially since I have to wait 15 weeks or so to get them anyhow.
Finger through the whole cat or just the heat shield? My heat shields were completely rotted through, but the cats themselves were still good. And 15 weeks is for FI is a very generous estimate, I waited 7.5 months
Old 01-06-2022, 11:20 AM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hexotic
Finger through the whole cat or just the heat shield? My heat shields were completely rotted through, but the cats themselves were still good. And 15 weeks is for FI is a very generous estimate, I waited 7.5 months
I must have gotten my order in at a good time Z1 is estimating the 19th of this month!

My car has been in Florida all its life so the heat shields lool pretty good for the age. When I was swapping my Y-Pipe out I pushed on the honeycomb to see if they were loose and they pushed in with almost no effort...lol

Old 01-06-2022, 09:42 PM
Muck_Man
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Got a set of Coupe 19s refinished today for my '13xs. I just need to figure out what rubber to put on them, 245 square or 245/275??
Old 01-06-2022, 09:47 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by Muck_Man
Got a set of Coupe 19s refinished today for my '13xs. I just need to figure out what rubber to put on them, 245 square or 245/275??
I'd go square personally. Cheaper and able to rotate which is nice with the AWD. You'd be doing 245/40 & 275/35 if you're doing it to keep the diameters close right?
Old 01-06-2022, 09:56 PM
Muck_Man
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Would one ever be able to 'rotate' with a set of staggered rims and square tires....nope. Unless I want to take the tires off the rims everytime I want to rotate them. The extra cost is really only associated with purchasing the larger 275/35, which is really not that much over a set of two 245/40. So it basically comes down to aesthetics at this point.
Old 01-08-2022, 02:53 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Got my VDC/Stability Control disable button installed today. The last Autox I went too was dreadful with VDC kicking in randomly.

On my 2011 the Green Wire was +12v so I installed the switch on that line.

Amazon Amazon
use a stepped bit to enlarge one of the existing RCA holes.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Got my VDC/Stability Control disable button installed today. The last Autox I went too was dreadful with VDC kicking in randomly.

That's pretty cool.

If you auto-x, how come you put this in the console box instead of somewhere more accessible? And how is this different than the VDC on/off switch on the dash?

I participated in an auto-x this past summer, first time in 8 years. And I distinctly remember the first run with TC on, getting a feel for the course. Then pushing it harder on the second run, only to end up fighting the car for control, realizing TC was still on. Boy did I feel dumb. Things were much, much better afterwards.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:31 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's pretty cool.

If you auto-x, how come you put this in the console box instead of somewhere more accessible? And how is this different than the VDC on/off switch on the dash?

I participated in an auto-x this past summer, first time in 8 years. And I distinctly remember the first run with TC on, getting a feel for the course. Then pushing it harder on the second run, only to end up fighting the car for control, realizing TC was still on. Boy did I feel dumb. Things were much, much better afterwards.
The VDC button on the the left side of the dash only partially turns off TC. If you get sideways the yaw sensor will detect the slide and apply rear brake to straighten the car.

I did this last month as well.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:53 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by 2.2Lude
The VDC button on the the left side of the dash only partially turns off TC. If you get sideways the yaw sensor will detect the slide and apply rear brake to straighten the car.

I did this last month as well.
You know, I've read that off & on over the years, and never paid real close attention to the topic.

With TC off, I can effortlessly spin the rear, and easily oversteer on command, even with 275 rear tires. I suspect both of your cars can as well, right?

So with the OEM switch OFF, are you saying I was actually experiencing TC a few months ago and not realizing it? Whoa.

I really like the toggle switch approach better than the button. Both are cool, tho.
The following users liked this post:
2.2Lude (01-10-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 06:01 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

That's pretty cool.

You know, I've read that off & on over the years, and never paid real close attention to the topic.

With TC off, I can effortlessly spin the rear, and easily oversteer on command, even with 275 rear tires. I suspect both of your cars can as well, right?

So with the OEM switch OFF, are you saying I was actually experiencing TC a few months ago and not realizing it? Whoa.

I really like the toggle switch approach better than the button. Both are cool, tho.
Yup you can do it either way! The button is a latching switch, I wanted something low-profile that would not be touched accidentally. So the system is on with the switch in the position you see, I can push it in to disable the system. I really love technology and I think VDC is an amazing system. I keep it full on for DD and tucked the switch away for only when I'm at Autox or the track. I do plan to hit up Sebring sometime this year but I need an oil cooler first .. well and tires...

1. VDC ON - Maximum Attack to mitigate wheel spin and any yaw. Brake Intervention,Ignition Cut, Pulled timing, throttle closure..etc
2. VDC Off - Traction Control disabled, you can spin the wheels,Stability Control in "VDC OFF Mode" it will allow a tiny bit of yaw, throttle out of turns..etc without any of the above interventions. That is until you have too much yaw the system starts to kill throttle and ignition, it does not seem to use as much brakes in this mode.
3. VDC Full off - Yaw Sensor Disabled. Zero Intervention from ABS/TC/Stability Control System. Full power at all times.

I was at a Wet Autox and the "system" in "VDC off Mode" would pull throttle away from me randomly and would react rather unpredictably, I was also doing a lot of sliding so I knew I needed the switch to kill the Yaw sensor.
The following users liked this post:
2.2Lude (01-10-2022)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?