G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 10:21 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by deep0542
I can only imagine how many people were hitting you on FB for your interior. Glad to see you’re keeping the G- definitely know with your skills she’s gonna be running in no time.
300 messages in 24 hours. The thirst for Monaco is real. Unfortunately my seats are 6/10 and have been since the beggining. Many parts in my car are decent but not excellent so realistically I might have made $3-$3.5k.
Sadly I realized if I got into another V36 I know I would want it all back and the budget is just not there. My wiring business is more important, having a car with a VHR helps tremendously with my research so though it hurts it ends up being the only move that I can do with what I have.

Originally Posted by Jsolo
@BULL Feel your pain. Do you have a dash cam? Catch anything worthwhile?

Had a close call few weeks ago with some dipsh!t getting off the highway, right into my lane instead of staying in the merge lane until it's safe to merge over. Lesson learned. I either accelerate now or brake, but never side by side.

It's no wonder all these new cars come with active blindspot collision avoidance systems. Good luck with your repairs.
Dash cam is in the works, enough is enough. I never really understood the need because I'm defensive on the road but this time it was either go under the semi on my right or brake and brace for impact. I'm just sour that this was the way I had to learn.

Progress is happening, the hardest part is trying to find everything in KAD like I did the first time to avoid a paint job, I see this car getting wrapped in the future. I worked in paint and body 10 years ago and after doing a full color change and seeing how fragile a nice paint job can be I said never again.

In the mean time, if you see/come across any front end parts shoot me a message.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:42 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 306 Likes on 198 Posts
I would get it painted regardless and have it blended into the rest of the car to lose the paint transitions. Sorry to hear about the accident but I think you should be able to get it running quickly with the amount of parts out there,
Old 10-19-2021, 11:30 AM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by RobC7
I would get it painted regardless and have it blended into the rest of the car to lose the paint transitions. Sorry to hear about the accident but I think you should be able to get it running quickly with the amount of parts out there,
If you look at the old pictures I stayed with a slightly mismatching front. With the history of this car and the odd dings and dent it would cost me upwards of $3k + for a decent job and I'm just not at the moment in my life to insert waxing/polishing into my routine. Maybe with a car that has great paint. Just being realistic.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:55 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
Dash cam is in the works, enough is enough. I never really understood the need because I'm defensive on the road but this time it was either go under the semi on my right or brake and brace for impact. I'm just sour that this was the way I had to learn.
Agreed. But we live in a world where video proof is a must these days. The other day I turned right on red. Half a mile later I was second guessing myself if I came to a complete stop before the line before turning. It bothered me the whole time until I got home, pulled the segment and saw the car come to a complete stop (with that bounce it makes as the suspension settles). If they send me a ticket, I'll send them the footage.

The person getting off the highway, I really should have known better. This area is a magnet for driving incompetency. In IL they hand out licenses to anyone. Similar scenario. Car on the left, nowhere to go other than to the left of my lane as much as possible. Miracle one month old car didn't get sideswiped.

I use this - mobius action cam
https://www.ebay.com/itm/291414731366 (or similar). Their main site appears to be down. It's a tiny little thing but does ok for recording.
The following 2 users liked this post by JSolo:
BULL (10-19-2021), rotarymike (10-20-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 01:30 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Dash cam is a must. My previous car was totaled by a guy running a red light while turning left and I was going straight. It was at night, raining and he had no headlights on. I NEVER saw him. Next thing I know my car is facing backwards with an airbag in my face and this guy is yelling at me about how I hit him. Thankfully there was a witness who gave his number. (Literally everyone else at the scene just saw me get hit and left). Bought a dashcam right after that.
The following 2 users liked this post by iCrap:
BULL (10-19-2021), ngolbuff (10-20-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 11:22 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Put my winter tires on Sunday, and got lightly rear ended today. My first accident. Stopped at a light, lane next to us was a turn lane and they got their advance turn light so started driving, as did the guy behind me. Just some scuffs on both bumpers luckily. I 100% agree with the dash cam comments above, I've run a Viofo A118C for the last ~5 years in mine as well as my fiancees Yaris.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:16 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
Any recommendations for a dash cam that looks front and rear and uploads to the cloud automatically?

Because most of the accidents I see/hear about from my LEO friends are hit and runs.
The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 10:27 AM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
Any recommendations for a dash cam that looks front and rear and uploads to the cloud automatically?

Because most of the accidents I see/hear about from my LEO friends are hit and runs.
Look into the A129 Pro Duo 4k
rotarymike (10-24-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Only my 2nd interior mod

Had my A54 7-1/2 years now I guess. This is my first interior mod since the Carsmo years ago. Love the size and shape of the ****. It's larger and rounder than the factory one. Of course the pushbutton too, but just for looks.

philttz (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 03:28 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
This happened last week. I posted the car for part out but decided to keep it and rebuild it.
Merging driver trying to make his exit. Hit me, car took off and left me. Car ate the headlight wiring and wouldnt move.

With that being said, looking for front end pieces. Thanks everyone!
Always sad to see this happen, but thankfully you are ok and that's what really matters. Sucks that the person took off on you... Sometime I really hate people.

Good luck with the rebuild. PM me if you are looking for another car or parts. I still need to sell my G, but am also considering parting it out.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:10 PM
BULL
Moderador

Here's some progress after a week. Trying to look out for KAD to avoid looking all Harlequin.
The car had been hit in the past in that same side so it broke the ****ty welds on that repair which is why everything came apart the way it did. An all factory car would have taken a less hit but who knows if frame damage would have been worse.

After some spot weld removals, she looks promising. Sucks that I have to get everything on before I can weld

Old 10-21-2021, 07:32 PM
ngolbuff
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Glad to hear things look promising Bull. May I inquire as to what the Two Brothers exhaust (bottom left corner) gets fitted to?
Old 10-22-2021, 10:02 AM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by ngolbuff
Glad to hear things look promising Bull. May I inquire as to what the Two Brothers exhaust (bottom left corner) gets fitted to?
Great eye, That's the muffler I put on Dipper - VHR engine stand.
It's FI HFC - Stock Y - 8ft of straight pipe to the two brother's exhaust.
Sounds a bit like a Honda Valkyrie

ngolbuff (10-25-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 11:13 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Holy, that sucks so much Bull. Awesome to see you decided to rebuild.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:17 AM
BULL
Moderador

Here's an update. After calling EVERY single nissan/infiniti recycler in S. FL this is where I've gotten.
Even with me doing all the labor, the massive inflation these cars have gone through is insane.
I spent about $1800 to put a whole front end in this car when I first bought it and found it in the same color with Sport lip and Anniversary grill
2 years later that money won't even come close, let alone I have to paint the damn car now

iCrap (10-28-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?