G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 10:14 PM
canuckcoupe
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=BULL;4289468]Might want to check your voltages after this ground kit, sometimes these interfere with the charging load of the alternator. Would'nt surprise me if you stop seeing 14v and more 13v since with the added grounds the ECU tells the alternator to chill and not enter high loads since "it doesnt see the parameters anymore since these grounds are not being detected by the ground sensor in the OEM negative cable.

14.7 V last time I looked.
(That's a comforting number. It's atmospheric pressure, standard air-fuel ratio, my average alternator voltage. Nice! )
Old 01-29-2021, 02:05 PM
KEVON1
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by canuckcoupe
Z1 CAI installed.
I measured some baseline 0-60 times a few weeks ago using my OBDLink MX+.
Out of curiosity , how do you like the MX+ ? Can you see the PID for the Automatic Transmission fluid temperature and monitor it in real time? What other advanced PIDS or benefits in particular to the G37 are you utilizing with the MX+ ?
Old 01-30-2021, 08:24 PM
canuckcoupe
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by KEVON1
Out of curiosity , how do you like the MX+ ? Can you see the PID for the Automatic Transmission fluid temperature and monitor it in real time? What other advanced PIDS or benefits in particular to the G37 are you utilizing with the MX+ ?
Hey Kevon,
I really don't know much about the OBDLink MX+. I got it a month ago, and I haven't had time to play with it.
The generic software has about 250 PIDs. The no-charge Nissan "enhanced add-on" adds another 200 or so. That's a lot of parameters.Transmission temp is probably one of them, but I haven't looked.
The software allows real-time monitoring via phone or tablet, Bluetooth or wifi. It refreshes 100 times per second.
It is preloaded with a dashboard with 15 gauges. You can add whatever gauges you want.
So, you can probably add ATF temp, and monitor it in real time.
The guy to ask is motorvateDIY. He's on this forum: https://www.myg37.com/forums/members...orvatediy.html. He has a youtube channel about OBD: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLS...6HzOMAIz-15mFw
Old 01-31-2021, 03:23 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Amazing what Purple Power, a rag, 303 to finish and some elbow grease do. Too bad I didn’t take a before picture, but I can assure you that you couldn’t really even tell the color of the car off the strut towers. LOL! It’s not perfect now, either, but it’s hell of a lot better.

The guy took good care of it mechanically as well as cleaned it inside and out. Engine bay, not so much...

The following users liked this post:
canuckcoupe (02-13-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 10:39 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 727 Likes on 565 Posts
Originally Posted by tsuintx
Amazing what Purple Power, a rag, 303 to finish and some elbow grease do. Too bad I didn’t take a before picture, but I can assure you that you couldn’t really even tell the color of the car off the strut towers. LOL! It’s not perfect now, either, but it’s hell of a lot better.

The guy took good care of it mechanically as well as cleaned it inside and out. Engine bay, not so much...

Any degreaser needs to be removed entirely or it will stain the plastics and slowly eat any protective coating.
Dont be afraid to spray some water in there. For ease of mind, use a blower/hairdrier/ compressed air to dry it all up prior to starting.
The results will be even better.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
...and headlight lenses, not so much. Honestly, I never understood how this happens. All you have to do is keep them cleaned and waxed maybe twice a year, and they will never fade to yellow like that. Fortunately, there are techniques to bring them back to life.

Be patient with your engine bay. Be detailed, and take your time. Probably don't want to be spraying water in there, but if you do, be targeted in your efforts, and dry things off thoroughly.

Also, your washer fluid cap is missing. And shame about the engine cover emblem, that seems to be a common problem.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:54 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
I need to tackle my headlight lenses too. I keep putting it off, as I'm likening it to body work (like compounding and buffing) which I despise.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:01 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Also, your washer fluid cap is missing. And shame about the engine cover emblem, that seems to be a common problem.
Haha! This is my third G35/7 and all of them have had the emblem missing and two of them have had the washer fluid cap missing. And headlight lenses are also on the list.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
Haha! This is my third G35/7 and all of them have had the emblem missing and two of them have had the washer fluid cap missing. And headlight lenses are also on the list.
Third? That's a lot of loyalty to one car model. Gotta respect that.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:28 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Third? That's a lot of loyalty to one car model. Gotta respect that.
First bought an 07 G35 and gave it to my daughter. Then late last year bought the 11 G37 I still have and gave that to my daughter and sold the 07. And just a few weeks ago I bought the 10 G37x. I had never driven one until I test drove the 07 and I gotta say I was very impressed.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:57 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by 2.2Lude:
DanG37 (02-06-2021), philttz (02-04-2021), RosaP-37S-G (02-03-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 01:49 PM
DanG37
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
I need to tackle my headlight lenses too. I keep putting it off, as I'm likening it to body work (like compounding and buffing) which I despise.
That's on my to-do list as well.

PSA: Apparently Sylvania is the way to go if going a kit route

Project Farm video:
Best Headlight Restoration Kit? Let's find out! 3M, Sylvania, Meguiar's, Mothers
Old 02-06-2021, 02:10 PM
DanG37
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Slammed into a traffic cone on the interstate. Didn't see it until basically on top of it due to it being a dark night and the cone was laying on its side with its cone and reflectors shielded by a base that blended in with the asphalt.

Solution: Well, gorilla-like tape, mostly behind the bumper cover. Running without a splash shield right now though, and not sure if I want to do that long term.

Last edited by DanG37; 02-06-2021 at 02:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
canuckcoupe (02-13-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 07:11 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Got a Cali Smog check. Hadn't had one in a couple of years. My last one, they took the car and about 15mins it was done. This time was really weird. They guy kept wanting me to move the car. Finally, I told him, move the car where you want it. He didn't put it on the smog machine or test the gas cap. All visual. So weird. My car is bone stock, I think if non carb parts looked like the factory parts, we could pass smog without much fuss.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:53 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ezbme
Got a Cali Smog check. Hadn't had one in a couple of years. My last one, they took the car and about 15mins it was done. This time was really weird. They guy kept wanting me to move the car. Finally, I told him, move the car where you want it. He didn't put it on the smog machine or test the gas cap. All visual. So weird. My car is bone stock, I think if non carb parts looked like the factory parts, we could pass smog without much fuss.
Boy, am I glad we don’t have that crap here in Texas. Well... We kinda do, but nothing like Commiefornia.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?