G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 06:18 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
You're also taking sunny day photos on the shaded side of the car. Odd choice.
for sure not my best picture. Other side was protected dunes so I couldn’t get close, and that’s on a thin isthmus between ocean and river so I couldn’t park on the other side. And at $4/hour parking didn’t want to stay long enough for the afternoon golden hour. (Also my kiddo got worn out after doing cartwheels for 2 hours straight).

I'm just happy that wife and/or doctor are allowing me to drive again.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:59 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
In anticipation for going back to work I finally bought new tires for my winter wheels and took them to get unbent / mounted. Turns out my wheels were 3/4 "egg shaped" but he was able to fix them, did a great job cause they are smoooooooooth at 100mph+. Went with the Conti DWS 6.

..... and then I parked it. Nowhere else to go.
The following users liked this post:
Atowsley (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 08:27 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Drove the 10 through carwash today and that’s about it. Cleaned up pretty good.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:01 PM
canuckcoupe
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Z1 CAI installed.
I measured some baseline 0-60 times a few weeks ago using my OBDLink MX+. When the weather comes around to being the same again, I'll do some more pulls to see if there is any measurable difference.

Next up, Whiteline sway bars which arrived a week ago. I haven't installed them yet, because I'm still sorting out the Quickjacks after my more-than-a-little-disconcerting incident: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...nary-tale.html

And I got confirmation today that my Stillen CBE, Berk test pipes, and Swift springs have shipped!

Old 01-25-2021, 10:15 PM
canuckcoupe
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
snake oil

Forgot to add that I installed a grounding kit.
I'm adding my vote to the "snake oil" column.
The following 2 users liked this post by canuckcoupe:
iCrap (01-26-2021), rotarymike (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
You're also taking sunny day photos on the shaded side of the car. Odd choice.

I drove mine today... that was my big to-do. Need to burn through a full tank in the next couple months before tuning, so that means coming up with excuses to drive it a few times a week. But with winter and Covid considerations, I literally have no where to go. It's very frustrating.
Are there good driving roads in NY near you? I'm sure you aren't a fan of all the salt and crap they put on the roads. I wouldn't drive mine in the winter since it's in such good condition, but it's my only car so I don't have a choice.

Where are you getting your tuning done?
Old 01-26-2021, 09:19 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by BoomerSpeed01
Are there good driving roads in NY near you? I'm sure you aren't a fan of all the salt and crap they put on the roads. I wouldn't drive mine in the winter since it's in such good condition, but it's my only car so I don't have a choice.

Where are you getting your tuning done?
During Winter, I'll only drive it if the roads are dry, or if it's the only car available. However, with Covid and the kids home all the time, there's always another car available, so mostly the G just sits in the garage. That's why I'm looking at a full tank of gas and wondering how I'm going to use it up. First World Problem, LOL.

I'm going to street tune this Spring. Here's the thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/ecu-tun...ng-ecutek.html
Old 01-26-2021, 09:26 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
During Winter, I'll only drive it if the roads are dry, or if it's the only car available. However, with Covid and the kids home all the time, there's always another car available, so mostly the G just sits in the garage. That's why I'm looking at a full tank of gas and wondering how I'm going to use it up. First World Problem, LOL.

I'm going to street tune this Spring. Here's the thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/ecu-tun...ng-ecutek.html
I know many people that treat their cars the same way if they have another car for a daily, so I totally get it.

Ahh, I remember seeing your thread now. Dang your engine compartment is clean! lol
Old 01-26-2021, 01:31 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

[QUOTE=Rochester;4289384I'm looking at a full tank of gas and wondering how I'm going to use it up.[/QUOTE]

Drain tank, use in lawnmower. If you need to get fresh 93 in there for the tune, is it worth the extra 300 miles of wear or so on everything?
Old 01-26-2021, 01:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

No, I only go through a couple gallons of lawnmower gas a year. It's a small lawn. Thanks though, Mike.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:07 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Ah, I tried LOL. If it was me, I'd be giving the gas to our lawn guy - I don't do yardwork unless under duress.

Same idea applies though - you could siphon out and put it in the Subie.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:27 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 212 Posts
I mean if you're needing to burn off gas you could just let it idle for a couple hours. Still saves the wear on the rest of the car.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:43 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 727 Likes on 565 Posts
Originally Posted by canuckcoupe
Forgot to add that I installed a grounding kit.
I'm adding my vote to the "snake oil" column.
Might want to check your voltages after this ground kit, sometimes these interfere with the charging load of the alternator. Would'nt surprise me if you stop seeing 14v and more 13v since with the added grounds the ECU tells the alternator to chill and not enter high loads since "it doesnt see the parameters anymore since these grounds are not being detected by the ground sensor in the OEM negative cable.

Originally Posted by rotarymike
Ah, I tried LOL. If it was me, I'd be giving the gas to our lawn guy - I don't do yardwork unless under duress.

Same idea applies though - you could siphon out and put it in the Subie.
Syphoning a full tank? Better off disconnecting the fuel feed to the rail and letting the pump drain it.

Originally Posted by Epiphany
I mean if you're needing to burn off gas you could just let it idle for a couple hours. Still saves the wear on the rest of the car.
Not a bad idea however it'll take a full day maybe more with all accessories on.

I just realized the reason for this is weather for most of y'all I wouldn't want to be driving in salt either.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:47 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm sure I can burn through a single tank of gas in 3 months, winter and Covid notwithstanding.

As said elsewhere, I'm way over-thinking this. It's a non-problem. I'm being ridiculous.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:51 PM
2010sedanS
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Installed z1 radiator cap and the z1 post MAF silicone tubes. I'm just now noticing that the Z1 logos are not symmetrical at all despite everything hooking up perfectly and being nice and tight. Oh well, still better than stock.

Also got a fresh new set of continental extreme contact dws06, so far my third set. The only reason I found out about them were all of the positive comments on this forum so kudos and thanks!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?