G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Harness extensions for long-tube headers? I didn't even know that was a thing.

So you're not expecting any O2 out-of-range CEL with this setup? I mean, there's no catalyst in this system, right?

I can only image your State doesn't do visual inspections on the exhaust. NY does.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-19-2019 at 07:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PNW_IPL (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 01:54 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Harness extensions for long-tube headers? I didn't even know that was a thing.

So you're not expecting any O2 out-of-range CEL with this setup? I mean, there's no catalyst in this system, right?

I can only image your State doesn't do visual inspections on the exhaust. NY does.
The harness is for the primary o2 found on the oem headers. Long tube moves it down to where the secondary o2 is usually found of the cat or test pipe. So a extension is needed.
for the out of range issue the long tube has a built in anti filter.
I'm in wa state so no inspections ever. No emissions test after 2019.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:42 PM
Bino
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening folks,

Gave her a much needed bath and finally got around to getting my tints. Twenty percent all around 35 on the front.

Old 12-22-2019, 09:46 PM
CubanDre
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
First wash! It was a lil cold out there by the time the shade it. Wheels tomorrow. Interior next weekend.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Nitro15
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bino
Good evening folks,

Gave her a much needed bath and finally got around to getting my tints. Twenty percent all around 35 on the front.

Your wheels look great. Did you have them powder coated somewhere locally?
Old 12-23-2019, 01:17 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
Got the Kumhos mounted and put the front Coupe Sport wheels on to replace the spare and other ailing tire. Was going to try to get at least one coat of plastidip on the rears but it looks like it will be wet over the whole week.

On a similar note, found my old Air Force goretex top and bottom so I will be putting her on stands and starting the exhaust and diff mount tonight or tomorrow morning.

Question: 2013 Sedan, I need to get Infinity to use a Consult computer to learn the new TPMS sensors, correct? Not a Nissan dealer, not an aftermarket shop?
Old 12-23-2019, 03:27 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 326 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
Got the Kumhos mounted and put the front Coupe Sport wheels on to replace the spare and other ailing tire. Was going to try to get at least one coat of plastidip on the rears but it looks like it will be wet over the whole week.

On a similar note, found my old Air Force goretex top and bottom so I will be putting her on stands and starting the exhaust and diff mount tonight or tomorrow morning.

Question: 2013 Sedan, I need to get Infinity to use a Consult computer to learn the new TPMS sensors, correct? Not a Nissan dealer, not an aftermarket shop?
For the sensors, any shop should have the tool to program them to your car. Had mine done at an independent tire shop
Old 12-23-2019, 03:56 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Our independent shop chain said they couldn't do it after 2009.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:38 PM
Bino
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitro15
Your wheels look great. Did you have them powder coated somewhere locally?
Thanks man. I had them plasti dipped in satin black by a local shop 301Dipz.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:45 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Installed new starter! Fired right up!
decided to ditch the bricks and picked up some new old stock SSR type F.
varrstoen 19x10.5 +22 rear 27.9 lbs
Ssr 19x10.5 +22"rear 20.12 lbs

Old 12-27-2019, 01:18 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Thought I'd tackle installing some few things since I had more than one day off in a row, and my in-laws were in town so I'd have A. someone to distract my wife and B. second car available with mine up on jacks.

... yeah, that didn't work out so well on time. I still maintain that I beat the car rather than it beating me, but I took my licks.

Got the car up on jack stands and took the wheels off to get better access to the rear of the car, and check the tires since I had a front blow last week. Uh Oh - looks like I won't have time to paint the new rears before they need to go on the car.

Started with pulling the stock exhaust in order to install the FI HFC and catback. Demon bolts took hours but I finally broke them after breaking some tools. Something no one mentions in cat replacement threads is that one of the easier bolts points forwards and there's really no room to get a wrench on it. I could have made something if I still had acetylene and a TIG, but we finally figured out that going through the wheel well over the lower control arm got you at least a few clicks on the ratchet per swing.

Stock exhaust wasn't in too bad shape. Tiny secondary piping though.

So cats out, exhaust off, new cats on, S pipes on, X pipe on, waiting to tackle the differential mounts on day two.

Day two - spent an hour disconnecting stuff to get the diff out. Diff out on jack, easy peasy (used a cargo strap to make sure it didn't roll off). Popped out front diff mounts with socket and LFH, refilled with Redline diff goo, and started working on the rear bushing which was bad since before I bought the car. Fast forward to 6 hours later - finally got that m-f'er out.

Mine had 2 metal shells to cut through - killed a bunch of bimetallic sawzall blades until I said F it and grabbed a rescue blade I had laying around.Glad I didn't cut the subframe in half with that thing.

Finally got the whitelines in, diff reinstalled and spinny things bolted up. In the process took a driveshaft to the face hard enough to look like I got in a fight, not to mention all the busted knuckles. The other lawyers in the office are keeping their distance from me today like I just joined Fight Club or something. LOL.

Ubered to work, will bus home. This weekend is reinstall rear swaybar, heat shields, finish exhaust, finish short shifter install, install coupe wheels on all 4 corners.

Been a good few days
The following 2 users liked this post by rotarymike:
nelledge (12-31-2019), PNW_IPL (12-27-2019)
Old 12-27-2019, 01:24 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rotarymike
Thought I'd tackle installing some few things since I had more than one day off in a row, and my in-laws were in town so I'd have A. someone to distract my wife and B. second car available with mine up on jacks.

... yeah, that didn't work out so well on time. I still maintain that I beat the car rather than it beating me, but I took my licks.

Got the car up on jack stands and took the wheels off to get better access to the rear of the car, and check the tires since I had a front blow last week. Uh Oh - looks like I won't have time to paint the new rears before they need to go on the car.

Started with pulling the stock exhaust in order to install the FI HFC and catback. Demon bolts took hours but I finally broke them after breaking some tools. Something no one mentions in cat replacement threads is that one of the easier bolts points forwards and there's really no room to get a wrench on it. I could have made something if I still had acetylene and a TIG, but we finally figured out that going through the wheel well over the lower control arm got you at least a few clicks on the ratchet per swing.

Stock exhaust wasn't in too bad shape. Tiny secondary piping though.

So cats out, exhaust off, new cats on, S pipes on, X pipe on, waiting to tackle the differential mounts on day two.

Day two - spent an hour disconnecting stuff to get the diff out. Diff out on jack, easy peasy (used a cargo strap to make sure it didn't roll off). Popped out front diff mounts with socket and LFH, refilled with Redline diff goo, and started working on the rear bushing which was bad since before I bought the car. Fast forward to 6 hours later - finally got that m-f'er out.

Mine had 2 metal shells to cut through - killed a bunch of bimetallic sawzall blades until I said F it and grabbed a rescue blade I had laying around.Glad I didn't cut the subframe in half with that thing.

Finally got the whitelines in, diff reinstalled and spinny things bolted up. In the process took a driveshaft to the face hard enough to look like I got in a fight, not to mention all the busted knuckles. The other lawyers in the office are keeping their distance from me today like I just joined Fight Club or something. LOL.

Ubered to work, will bus home. This weekend is reinstall rear swaybar, heat shields, finish exhaust, finish short shifter install, install coupe wheels on all 4 corners.

Been a good few days
Fucgggkiing awesome update! Not looking forward to diff mount. Got any tips for cutting the subframe bushing? What's a rescue blade? May need to buy one to speed up the process of cutting old out
Old 12-27-2019, 02:23 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Something like this:
Amazon Amazon

I think mine are Milwaukee brand, "The Torch" or something like that. 12" metalcutting blade. I used one to cut a junk car in half to make a trailer from the rear end.Took 10 minutes to cut the entire car in half. It won't go in the diff bushing unless you've already cut the rubber part out.

I might suggest cutting out the rubber middle and packing the hole with dry ice. Or try to make a puller tool that seats on the outer rim of the bushing.

Rest of the diff mount went pretty smoothly, just a lot of stuff to take off and put back on the car. I twisted up my diff vent tube pretty badly but it still flows air and hooks to the hose so... :shrug:

Also - a lift will make everything much easier. My upper body is wiped after 6 hours hammering above my head laying on my back with a 10 pound sledge and cold chisel. That's why I dropped the driveshaft onto myself - arm finally gave out.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:08 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

So finally got to drive it. new rubber + 19" wheels with proper size tires + FI RHFC and FI catback... traction control loves me no more.
The following users liked this post:
2GoRNot2G (12-30-2019)
Old 12-30-2019, 09:51 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

New look unlocked. These wheels are so light in compare.

The following 6 users liked this post by PNW_IPL:
bikezilla (01-01-2020), CubanDre (12-30-2019), hexotic (01-04-2020), ngolbuff (12-30-2019), philttz (12-30-2019), SupraOfDoom (12-30-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?