G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 03:17 PM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Just wheels and the shift ****. Oh, and 15mm wheel spacer adapters go on every winter with the duckfeet, then off again in the spring with the Vossens.

Winter sucks.

And you're right, Mike, Copolymer is a composite. Whatever it is... it's some kind of magic.
Sorry - my post is off topic.

I've thought about moving my OEM 18's more flush - is a 15mm spacer (on stock lugs) what I''ll need?

Have the old Enkei sport wheels as part of the performance wheel/tire option.

-Eric.

Old 11-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
The only reason I poke my duckfeet another 15mm is because it's lowered with some neg camber.

It's your call, always, but just from that picture there, I think your rears look fine as is.

Clean car, Erik.
The following users liked this post:
llebcire (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 04:35 PM
llebcire
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
The only reason I poke my duckfeet another 15mm is because it's lowered with some neg camber.

It's your call, always, but just from that picture there, I think your rears look fine as is.

Clean car, Erik.
Awesome - thank you!
Old 11-06-2019, 10:34 PM
llebcire
Registered Member

Little pre-winter maintenance @87k miles.

I did notice that the temperature gauge reads "normal" when the engine is about 150 degrees and doesn't change position as it warms to 200 (monitoring via OBD Fusion to gauge when thermostat opened).

Oil change and filter - Mobil 1 with Mobil 1 extended filter
Coolant drain and fill - Valvoline Zerex blue, new o-rings
Cleaned MAFs and throttle bodies
Replaced air filters with Bosch
Idle relearn with NDSIII
Ran out of time for Seafoam - probably Sunday along with cabin filter

- Eric

Engine seems clean - I've been using synthetic since 67k

TBs weren't bad - only been about 20k since cleaned

Last edited by llebcire; 11-07-2019 at 07:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2GoRNot2G (11-08-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 02:49 PM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Getting out of the G game. That van turned left across double yellow directly in front of us on a highway (we were facing the other direction at the time). I didn't even have a chance to hit the brakes. The driver busted his nose (from the blood inside), and took off into the woods, and is yet to be found. The G did a great job protecting my son and I, and we walked away with just a bit of seatbelt rash.

Thanks everyone for all the help over the years. I'm replacing this with a BMW X5 5.0 AWD. I drive a lot, and it's not always up to you when you get in an accident, so I like the idea of going with something that makes me more visible, gives me better visibility, seats 3 growing kids across the back a bit better, and can maybe protect us a bit more. No knock on the G, but if this was head-on, I doubt I'd have fared so well, and have had some close calls with trucks coming over on me. I'll post some parts for sale, mostly OEM stuff if I can't sell it locally, and the coils I hadn't installed yet.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:24 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
WOW. Glad to hear you and your son were OK. Can't blame your judgement to move into something larger. That's exactly what I did with my wife as soon as we were financially able.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

That's a frightening picture. Sure makes you think about priorities, seeing that.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:57 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Another G bites the dust. I guess it did its job and kept you guys safe, and at the end of the day that is all that matters. Glad you and your son walked away ok.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:01 PM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, once I knew we were ok, my thoughts turned to "I wonder if I could get the exhaust and cats off it", lol.

I could see under it when it was on the tow-truck, and they're shot. The frame rails underneath were also significantly bent. It is some impressive engineering. The insurance company said I could provide receipts for mods and they would factor those into value. Since I got most stuff off the forum used, I probably paid less than OEM replacement for each, so I'll probably just submit the receipt for the tune.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:20 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Any crash one walks away from is a positive experience. Front end is quite mangled, but interior stayed intact. I remember a certain chevy product a relative was in, a colbalt. Got tboned on the passenger side. Impact pushed the door in a good 2 feet. Outcome not so good.

Sometimes its impossible to avoid drivers who do stupid things... Be safe out there!
Old 11-08-2019, 01:22 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
I'm sorry for your misfortune but am happy to hear you and yours weren't injured.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:02 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
Damn. Glad all are OK.

We had the same thought process with my wife's Mini Cooper. We almost had a deer come through the windshield one christmas eve. We got the CX5 2 days later.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:05 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by the_wolff

Getting out of the G game. That van turned left across double yellow directly in front of us on a highway (we were facing the other direction at the time). I didn't even have a chance to hit the brakes. The driver busted his nose (from the blood inside), and took off into the woods, and is yet to be found. The G did a great job protecting my son and I, and we walked away with just a bit of seatbelt rash.

Thanks everyone for all the help over the years. I'm replacing this with a BMW X5 5.0 AWD. I drive a lot, and it's not always up to you when you get in an accident, so I like the idea of going with something that makes me more visible, gives me better visibility, seats 3 growing kids across the back a bit better, and can maybe protect us a bit more. No knock on the G, but if this was head-on, I doubt I'd have fared so well, and have had some close calls with trucks coming over on me. I'll post some parts for sale, mostly OEM stuff if I can't sell it locally, and the coils I hadn't installed yet.
Wow, that's a scary scene! Really glad to hear that you and your son walked away from this, but sorry to hear you'll be leaving the G community. I can definitely understand moving into something that's a little more substantial. Something else you might want to consider is getting your next car in a color that stands out a little more... Black and gray cars tend to camouflage with the road, especially at dusk/early evening (and early morning) when your eyes are struggling to adjust... just a suggestion if visibility is high on your priority list.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

We're having a bit of a cold spell. No snow to speak of, except a dusting every once in a while. But the freezing temps spook me with summer tires.

So today... duckfeet and snowtires.

About 3 weeks earlier than normal this year.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:05 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
^ started snowing here today. I think i'll have to put mine on this week also.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?