G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Wrapped my Cusco strut brace in blue carbon fiber vinyl. Just messing around. Kind of like it. Not quite sure how it will hold up to the heat tho.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:06 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Atowsley
Wrapped my Cusco strut brace in blue carbon fiber vinyl. Just messing around. Kind of like it. Not quite sure how it will hold up to the heat tho.
Love the theme bro. Looks good.
The following users liked this post:
Atowsley (06-10-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Stachuu
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Stachuu
Was replacing all 4 suspension stabilizer links, and rear struts.While inspecting rear breaks I've notices calipers had no play.
I attempted to take it apart and the bottom guiding pin /bolt turned out to be from hell. Took 2 hours to extract it, inside there was no juice, dry as ****.
Got new ones from advanced auto. I started working on replacing suspension stabilizer links, all nuts were rusted as hell. Managed to pull that off with lot of gymnastics.
I started working on removing rear right strut, easy stuff if you think about it, 3 bolts total and that it. Well the bottom bolt snapped. I went to home depot and found alternative bolts 3 bucks a piece, replace the rear left strut, wasn't easy the bolt was very much seized inside the rubber bushing. Took like 30 min to wiggle that ****er out, then finished replacing strut.
After total of 7 hours working on the car, I quit, going to finish working on extracting broken bolt tomorrow.

By the way, when your car feels like it sort of floats as you drive, its sign of bad stabilizer links.
4 hours today. trying to drill the bolt out and no luck, broke small bit on the left side and I cant drill it out from the right due to small drill bit stuck on the left.

I found easy fix, going to buy bushing Part Number: 56219AL500 and just replace it with the bushing / ball join extractor kit from autozone once I have it.

Last edited by Stachuu; 06-11-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:57 AM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
45 minutes of bleeding is a crazy long time... should typically only take a few minutes per corner. If bled them for that long and you made certain to keep the master cylinder reservoir full of fluid while you where bleeding and if your pedal is firm and doesn't seem mushy then I'm sure you are fine.It's common for vacuum bleeders to pull a little bit of air through the threads on the bleeder screw which give you the false impression that there is still air in the brake lines. This is why I switched to a pressure bleeder several years ago... much quick, easier and cleaner.
Definitely switching to a pressure bleeder next.
I learned the next day that my lines weren't torqued tight enough (I thought 70 in lb, wet with brake fluid was the spec).
Leaked about 2oz of fluid all over the inside of my rear rims. Snugged the lines tighter, re-bled in 2 min per caliper side. Stops on a dime now, and front's aren't even on.

Tackling coolant lines today if it ever stops raining. 🙄
Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
The blue carbon looks great.

Anyone know if you can get the blue and black carbon in a vinyl instead of just the actual carbon/fiberglass weave?
Old 06-11-2019, 01:15 PM
deepblue3
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
The car had this faint cigarette smell since I bought it. I did some research and ended up trying a bottle of Citrol to really clean the leather seats because that’s the only place I can smell it when putting my nose up to interior parts. Now they look like new leather, matte and none of that shiny grime. Right now I just smell the citrus smell from the cleaner. Time will tell if it completely wiped out the cigarette odor.
llebcire (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

Painted the dipstick handle, power steering, wiper fluid and coolant reservoirs the same blue as the engine shroud. Removed the blue carbon fiber vinyl wrap as it was peeling up on the edges a bit from the engine heat. I think I like the polished look better with the intakes so won’t be putting it back on.

Also put on a ground kit. There are already posts debating the effectiveness on the forum so no need to rehash that.

Last edited by Atowsley; 06-12-2019 at 08:18 PM.
ngolbuff (06-14-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:14 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Painted the dipstick handle, power steering, wiper fluid and coolant reservoirs the same blue as the engine shroud. Removed the blue carbon fiber vinyl wrap as it was peeling up on the edges a bit from the engine heat. I think I like the polished look better with the intakes so won’t be putting it back on.

I can appreciate a man of blue culture.

Atowsley (06-12-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:38 AM
MusSauce
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Atl3128
Gotcha did you change the pipe diameter from the resonators back?
Nope, same piping size.

And sorry for the wait on the sound clip, this was 2 days after install so still not past the break in period.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:45 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts

That was an interesting experiment, wrapping your FSTB. But I think it looks better this way, because of the polished midpipes with your Z1 intake.

Looks like you painted your caps gloss black. Nice touch.

Polished silver surrounds for all those fender washers... that also looks good.

And what a difference it makes painting that yellow dipstick handle black.

The edging on the center blue of your engine cover, that looks kind of sloppy. And you're missing the Fuji, or did you take it off to paint the blue? I'd put that back on in chrome.

I think your FSBT is flipped so the logo is upside down, not that it matters.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
That was an interesting experiment, wrapping your FSTB. But I think it looks better this way, because of the polished midpipes with your Z1 intake.
Looks like you painted your caps gloss black. Nice touch.
Polished silver surrounds for all those fender washers... that also looks good.
And what a difference it makes painting that yellow dipstick handle black.
The edging on the center blue of your engine cover, that looks kind of sloppy. And you're missing the Fuji, or did you take it off to paint the blue? I'd put that back on in chrome.
I think your FSBT is flipped so the logo is upside down, not that it matters.
Thanks Rochester! The Fuji came off 2 days before I painted it and unfortunately due to not having the splash guard on it got lost somewhere on the road. Tho I'm hoping I find it miraculously in the garage. You motivated me to fix the edge on the engine cover. Ugh, yeah, the Cusco logo is upside down. Whoops. I want to paint the coolant overflow reservoir next.

Last edited by Atowsley; 06-13-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Rochester (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

[QUOTE=hexotic;4245403]I can appreciate a man of blue culture.
[UOTE]

That metallic blue is really nice! like it.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:18 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
[QUOTE=Atowsley;4245509]
Originally Posted by hexotic
I can appreciate a man of blue culture.
[UOTE]

That metallic blue is really nice! like it.
Candy blue to match my brakes 😁

@Rochester
I love this community. It's rare than you see this nowdays. One person gives honest criticism, and the recepient takes it positively and builds on it.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
@Rochester
I love this community. It's rare than you see this nowdays. One person gives honest criticism, and the recepient takes it positively and builds on it.
Thanks, hexotic. Here's what I think about that, old man advice and all... criticism works better when dished out side by side with something positive, and if you're honest about it then it's real and not a trick, knowatimean?

Atowsley, I've never seen a painted coolant reservoir that looks right, so... good luck with that. If you come up with something excellent, odds are people will follow.

About the edging on your cover, take some flat black paint, and a tiny brush like you can buy at hobby stores, and paint right into the edges where you over painted with the blue. Take your time. Wear reading glasses

The missing Fuji... Top Secret makes an aluminum plate for that section that's kind of interesting. Pointless TS logo, however. It would be really cool if you could get one blank, then take it to an engraver for for something custom.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-14-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

May try wrapping the coolant reservoir and see if anything looks good before going all out painting the reservoir.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?