G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 08:15 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
So my G is starting to show its age... need a new O2 sensor, evap system is glitching, fuel sending unit/fuel level sensor are pooped...
Old 06-04-2019, 09:38 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Dang I haven't had any of those issues, well no major issues really at all. You sure the evap is glitching? On mine I just needed a new gas cap and it was all good. The seal had gone bad.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:40 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Dang I haven't had any of those issues, well no major issues really at all. You sure the evap is glitching? On mine I just needed a new gas cap and it was all good. The seal had gone bad.
Possible. It was throwing codes before as well when I had another sensor issue and went away when I replaced the sensor. Could be the same this time. I'm going to try giving the diy fix a try with the fuel level sensor and go from there.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 AM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Finally washed after a few months...desperately needs a paint correction and wax
Same for me on Sunday. I haven't washed in over a month as it's been raining almost daily in IA and haven't waxed since late 2017 due to school and renovations tied to a move/relocation.

Clay bar and Mother's California Gold (buffer) - needs a paint correction, touch up paint, etc. which I want to do later this summer. I did polish the headlights which I need to do every 6 months or so.

Of course it rained on Monday...

-Eric
Old 06-05-2019, 08:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by llebcire
I did polish the headlights which I need to do every 6 months or so.
Good for you!

I claybar and wax the headlight lenses (and tails) at least twice a year, and have been repeating that very simple process since I bought it back in 2012. To this day they look nearly brand new, clear and haze-free. It doesn't take much effort at all, and when you look back with years of hindsight it all makes sense.

(ps. That looks like a really nice cul-de-sac.)
The following users liked this post:
llebcire (06-05-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 10:51 AM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Good for you!

I claybar and wax the headlight lenses (and tails) at least twice a year, and have been repeating that very simple process since I bought it back in 2012. To this day they look nearly brand new, clear and haze-free. It doesn't take much effort at all, and when you look back with years of hindsight it all makes sense.

(ps. That looks like a really nice cul-de-sac.)
Thanks!

Yes - it is pretty quick and much easier to stay up on them then to wait until you need to wet sand.

We're in West Des Moines, IA - great community!

-Eric
Old 06-05-2019, 12:19 PM
deepblue3
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Shop said it’s just tire noise. I think I’m done trying to get rid of it. It definitely changes volume drastically when I go from a rough pavement to smooth. So it all makes sense. Didn’t even charge me for diagnosis time. I love not spending more on my “new” car, lol
slartibartfast (06-05-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 12:12 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Slow fast stuffs for rari

Old 06-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Slow fast stuffs for rari

I was trying to figure out the aesthetic on your car with the 5 spoke white wheels they reminded me of the 80's/90's F40/ 288 GTO wheels...now it all makes sense! ...

good choice on the yellowstuff pads they don't seem to get much love on the Gs but I've used EBC pads for most of the life of the G and have been impressed...Yellowstuff pads are definitely the sweet spot given the weight of the car
Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
I was trying to figure out the aesthetic on your car with the 5 spoke white wheels they reminded me of the 80's/90's F40/ 288 GTO wheels...now it all makes sense! ...

good choice on the yellowstuff pads they don't seem to get much love on the Gs but I've used EBC pads for most of the life of the G and have been impressed...Yellowstuff pads are definitely the sweet spot given the weight of the car
Haha thanks. Definitely liking the pads. I've used them on my IPL with great success.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:55 PM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Last night, I installed BBKs on the rears! First time doing these brakes, and it took way too long because of rust and a frozen caliper. What a pain to get off! Worst part was the previous installer stripped the old caliper ... spent an hour picking aluminium out of the threads of the mounting bolt so I wouldn't wreck the new caliper.

Looks good and stops even better... But not sure if I bled them correctly, there were still a few bubbles coming out after 45min at full vacuum (all the bleeders were like this). Pedal is stiff though... I'll be re-bleeding tonight if necessary.

Potato phone photo after a long night of wrenching.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:27 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by BeeW
Last night, I installed BBKs on the rears! First time doing these brakes, and it took way too long because of rust and a frozen caliper. What a pain to get off! Worst part was the previous installer stripped the old caliper ... spent an hour picking aluminium out of the threads of the mounting bolt so I wouldn't wreck the new caliper.

Looks good and stops even better... But not sure if I bled them correctly, there were still a few bubbles coming out after 45min at full vacuum (all the bleeders were like this). Pedal is stiff though... I'll be re-bleeding tonight if necessary.
45 minutes of bleeding is a crazy long time... should typically only take a few minutes per corner. If bled them for that long and you made certain to keep the master cylinder reservoir full of fluid while you where bleeding and if your pedal is firm and doesn't seem mushy then I'm sure you are fine.It's common for vacuum bleeders to pull a little bit of air through the threads on the bleeder screw which give you the false impression that there is still air in the brake lines. This is why I switched to a pressure bleeder several years ago... much quick, easier and cleaner.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Put on some 20mm Z1 wheel spacers.

Before

after adding the spacers

obsidiansamurai (06-09-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 07:28 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
45 minutes of bleeding is a crazy long time... should typically only take a few minutes per corner. If bled them for that long and you made certain to keep the master cylinder reservoir full of fluid while you where bleeding and if your pedal is firm and doesn't seem mushy then I'm sure you are fine.It's common for vacuum bleeders to pull a little bit of air through the threads on the bleeder screw which give you the false impression that there is still air in the brake lines. This is why I switched to a pressure bleeder several years ago... much quick, easier and cleaner.
Which pressure bleeder are you using? I have an air one and its total junk. I need to get something better.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Why not use speed bleeders? They have worked fine on all the cars I've had.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?