G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 02:20 AM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Those do look pretty good. Where did you get them? I dont even see them on OEmassive's site.
This should be the link to em [Black]Fits 10-13 G37/G25/Q40 Sedan Switchback LED Signal Projector Headlight - OEMassive

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Nice car shellz, I've been considering getting those or doing halos on the stockers. Where did you get the mirrors? JDM? How much are those headlights going for? I'd be curious to see a video showing them off at night.
Thanks man . I got the mirrors from ebay and just customized em to fit my car's look and to have a more modern appeal I guess. I got the headlights for $480 from the presale. I attempted to make a night video tonight actually, but frost was all over em . I'll upload one soon. Here are the side mirrors up close btw.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:35 AM
James A

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Yours is the smoked version though right?
Old 11-12-2018, 01:42 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 234 Likes on 163 Posts

Today: I removed the front bumper, front fenders, headlights, and deleted the washer reservoir. Lot's to do just prepping.

Next year will begin some majors changes. Due to an accident the halo modded headlights were replaced with stock, I plan on doing my own. I have the cf fenders from the fb group buy, and I plan on making the fog light housings brake ducts also using the Z1 370Z kit they sell. Also would like the two piece rotors but we'll see. Battery relocation is probably next.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:47 PM
2010sedanS
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Did some preventative maintenance: replaced the serpentine belt (with Continental Elite) and transmission fluid D&F (with Nissan Matic S) at 76k. My dad has almost 450k miles on a 2001 Acura TL-type S and i'd like to beat that......or at least try

Also, swapped out the Toyo tires for the Conti DWS06 and it drives so much better. And looks better as well.

Last edited by 2010sedanS; 11-12-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:54 PM
2010sedanS
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz
https://youtu.be/uiHJ89ugrL8

Installed these over the weekend. Build quality feels identical to the OEM ones. Perfect timing because my OEM headlights were the only thing on my car that made it look dated from the oxidation and the defects of customizing them years ago. I rewired them to where they're on all the time and not just when I turn the parking/side marker lights on. So far, zero complaints. Love the overall look and especially the strobe. I also detached the H7 turn signal bulb that's located on the top.

Haven't had much time driving at night, but output so far looks good. My output was off on my OEM headlights from doing the clear lens swap and not putting in the 1mm spacer or w/e in to sharpen the light so I'm sure at least for me...these are an all-around upgrade.
I really like these and may bite the bullet sooner than later as mine are yellowed and starting to show stress cracks. Florida sun is not nice to plastic.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
That's a pretty amazing picture right there. Remember in that scene from Infinity War, where Thanos was torturing Nebula, and she was hanging by wires but also split apart? Same thing.

Ouch, that garage. Mine feels the same except clean, but still old and tired.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:07 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 234 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's a pretty amazing picture right there. Remember in that scene from Infinity War, where Thanos was torturing Nebula, and she was hanging by wires but also split apart? Same thing.

Ouch, that garage. Mine feels the same except clean, but still old and tired.
I've only made it half way through that movie! No spoilers lol! Can't even got on myg37 without spoilers.

You should have seen it before, it hadn't been used outside of 2 dead cars for nearly 12 years. I had to clean it out and push my old supra shell out to put the new G in there. The cement is broken in some key spots but over all it's very usable. I really need to jack the car up higher so I can start working on the exhaust.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:58 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
Yesterday I went to the pick-n-pull (in the rain no less) to get a VQ35HR lower intake and fuel rail off an M35. Sadly, 1 year off - it had the older DE engine.

On the other hand, grabbed a back-up camera from a Ford Focus for $5 and finally found the long j-bolt to secure my battery, so not a total waste of out-of-work time.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:48 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz
https://youtu.be/uiHJ89ugrL8

Installed these over the weekend. Build quality feels identical to the OEM ones. Perfect timing because my OEM headlights were the only thing on my car that made it look dated from the oxidation and the defects of customizing them years ago. I rewired them to where they're on all the time and not just when I turn the parking/side marker lights on. So far, zero complaints. Love the overall look and especially the strobe. I also detached the H7 turn signal bulb that's located on the top.

Haven't had much time driving at night, but output so far looks good. My output was off on my OEM headlights from doing the clear lens swap and not putting in the 1mm spacer or w/e in to sharpen the light so I'm sure at least for me...these are an all-around upgrade.
I'm going to come off as an ***, but "quality feels identical to OEM" is far from the reality. OEM lights cost triple of these and use much better electrical components. These lights have had lots of complaints on several large g37 facebook groups, from short-circuiting to lights blowing out. All I can say is good luck, and hope you aren't one of those bad cases.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Today I swapped shift ***** for winter.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:08 PM
dslice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not all done today but since I haven't posted in a longtime... thanks to all contribution of this forum users, I was able to set my car just the way I wanted. SO A BIG G37 DRIVER THANKS!.

OEM & roof spoilers on....
New R1 Concepts brake rotor and pads on, had them on my old 03 G35 and they were and still good for daily driving.
Lowered with swift springs, low enough for me.
Zenclosure custom 12" box loaded with RE sub., Polk audio 6.5 with 1" tweeters in all upper-doors...all integrated with an AudioControl LC7I LOC and a Rockville 5 channel amp.

FI RHFC and 18" CBE pending order, the wait is on...

Last edited by dslice; 11-14-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: adding pics
Old 11-14-2018, 05:20 AM
adooma
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by staskz
finally upgraded from the horrible journey brakes! super easy.... had to run spacers thank god i bought em cause my maxima wheels would not go on at all, im pleased with the results and kinda like the spacer look ill post car pics later. only did the fronts, for now.

i know i’m late but i’m waiting on pictures to see the silver w red calipers!
The following users liked this post:
staskz (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 10:06 AM
dslice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sub and Rear Door custom tweeter...

Old 11-14-2018, 07:19 PM
staskz
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by adooma

i know i’m late but i’m waiting on pictures to see the silver w red calipers!
Here you go sir . ive since found some black g35 rays and switched to them since they clear the big brakes, i dont have to use spacers im glad i switched to these, they are so much lighter too. Also flipped to my tires and not the ones the new wheels came with so i have more sidewall since those were stretched.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:13 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Need a shot standing further to see the whole car. Also would be nice to see how flush they sit. They look good in black.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?