G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:50 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice work Calidoso, that black trim looks great!
Old 05-15-2016, 06:53 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by SomeName
Installed led fogs. I guess I should have asked if the right side was a PITA. Wasn't expecting to have to jack it up. Now I just have to wait 4hrs for the sun to so down.
That's right... For proper access to the pass side, helps to get under the car. On a jack or ramps, preferable a lift. My kingdom for a lift.

Morimoto fogs? How you feeling about fitment? There's a slight gap between the lens and the ring that will only bother you today. Tomorrow you'll have forgotten all abbout it.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 PM
Calidoso
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice work Calidoso, that black trim looks great!
Thanks! Took my time to make sure I did it right and made it look clean.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:55 PM
SomeName
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitro15
SomeName why did you have to jack it up? Do you have a sedan or coupe? Just curious because I plan on replacing my fogs soon with leds and was under the assumption that you can just pop out the clips and pull back the wheel well lining and replace the bulb. Thanks.
Sedan. We'll have to see what others on here think is the best way to go. The left was easy, just pulled the air box out and could reach it from the top.
Right side, the washer fluid reservoir was in the way. Looking back, l just followed the path most familiar :/. I pulled the bottom engine cover (whatever it's called) and then the panel right below the bulb. I didnt research how to do it beforehand. Just dove in.
Also, I have no opinion on "good" LEDs. I bought them off Amazon.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:08 PM
bobtaz13
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More then a days worth here, but this is as she sits tonight.

Hotchkis sway bars
LED fog lights
Tinted brake lights
Debagged, except G37x
Tinted 35%
Black window trim
18" Anniversary OEM wheels, titanium
Spoiler OEM

Last edited by bobtaz13; 05-15-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
bobtaz13, Nice choices so far, everything goes very well together!
Old 05-15-2016, 11:03 PM
Mkhlmnn

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Today I did a little DIY fun! Made and installed a grounding kit, removed the air box silencers and did a G.A.B. mod.

After doing the grounding kit it costs me roughly $40 to make and 45 mins to install once the cover was off, pretty easy and straight forward. My quick review is the treble in the speakers is clearer and louder. Really no extra bass from the grounding however. The shifts are a hair quicker I'd say about 10% maybe 15% tops. The most noticeable and best thing I got from was the grounding was when shifting wide-open throttle near the rev limiter it shifts quicker so you do not have to predict your shifts a few seconds before you actually want it to shift. For a fun little project do it in my opinion was worth it but I wouldn't say it would be worth buying a pre-made kit or spending more than $60.

Now for the air box mod:

Air boxes removed

You can see the silencer sticking up with the air box removed on passenger side

Driver side silencer tube

The silencers

Boxes drilled before filling, smoothing and cleaning.

Boxes reinstalled

Boxes and grounding kit all done and put back together!

Quick review on the air box mod with silencers removed - Now this was a free mod and purely for the joy of wrenching on the car and getting a little more sound. The extra airflow from this may help but I would say it's negligible performance from the button dyno. However sound wise there is much more induction noise when the pedal is fully pressed to the floor and there is a hair more resonance in the cabin because of it. Driving around at normal speeds or accelerating without pushing the car to redline it sounds very similar to stock. More noise and less weight is a plus in my book haha.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:18 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Mkhlmnn

Boxes and grounding kit all done and put back together!

Quick review on the air box mod with silencers removed - Now this was a free mod and purely for the joy of wrenching on the car and getting a little more sound. The extra airflow from this may help but I would say it's negligible performance from the button dyno. However sound wise there is much more induction noise when the pedal is fully pressed to the floor and there is a hair more resonance in the cabin because of it. Driving around at normal speeds or accelerating without pushing the car to redline it sounds very similar to stock. More noise and less weight is a plus in my book haha.
How do you like that CF engine cover? I ruined my OEM cover back in March and have been trying to find a replacement ever since. Is that the AIT racing cover?
Old 05-16-2016, 07:40 AM
smitty37g

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Today I did a little DIY fun! Made and installed a grounding kit, removed the air box silencers and did a G.A.B. mod.
With this mod wouldn't you me more susceptible to water??

Last edited by blnewt; 05-16-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 AM
smitty37g

Today I have done nothing yet. Yesterday I installed a amp with sub and new door speakers. Today I will only be washing, maybe waxing my car. life of no money.. lol
Old 05-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Mkhlmnn

Originally Posted by smitty37g
With this mod wouldn't you me more susceptible to water??
Not much different than any Cold or Ram air intake, all of the holes are in front of the filter so it filters them the exact same way the box is just getting more air and eventually more dirt and water so a negative of this is I will need to clean my filters more often.
The following users liked this post:
smitty37g (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 09:23 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Today I have done nothing yet. Yesterday I installed a amp with sub and new door speakers. Today I will only be washing, maybe waxing my car. life of no money.. lol
I resemble this statement.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:26 AM
smitty37g

Not much different than any Cold or Ram air intake, all of the holes are in front of the filter so it filters them the exact same way the box is just getting more air and eventually more dirt and water so a negative of this is I will need to clean my filters more often.
Ok. Do u have to remove the front bumper to remove the noise boxes?? Im not going to put holes in the air boxes.. lol
Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Mkhlmnn

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
How do you like that CF engine cover? I ruined my OEM cover back in March and have been trying to find a replacement ever since. Is that the AIT racing cover?
So far I love it, fits about 90% perfect all the bolts line up but some are a hair to one direction or the other so if you don't have OCD it shouldn't bother you have. I would recommend buying to new grommets for the mounting holes as the new one does come with any and the ones on the oem cover most likely will break trying to remove them.

Ok. Do u have to remove the front bumper to remove the noise boxes?? Im not going to put holes in the air boxes.. lol
Well you do have two large holes already if you noticed the large vent hole. However I do understand your thought process. If you're wanting something similar or just more induction noise you can remove the silencers and reinstall the silencer mount tubes. Also you can install a mounting plate to the box and run tubing to the lower bumper air dam so you get more air that way also.

The boxes and silencers come out without removing the bumper what soever. You can get them out with just releasing the intake clamp and a bolt if you'd really like. Just have to do lots of wiggling
Old 05-16-2016, 09:47 AM
smitty37g

My though process is that with all the holes in the air box you are letting in more hot air in.. also i live in rainey Florida and go thru a some semi flooded roads.. but i do know that the silencers give some restriction.. go i think i will take them out... and i have seen the small holes. But i thought it was for water removal.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?