G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 11:18 AM
Scottvdken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rochester
Did you enlarge the inlets, or just shove the rubber elbows in there? And did you get the splash shield?

I've never removed my front bumper, but was under the impression that to do a solid job with the Takeda, it helps to remove the bumper. (And that with the Stillen Gen3, you have to remove it.) I've always though that someday I would transition from the R2C to the Takeda, but the whole bumper thing keeps walking me back from the project.
This is exactly my thought. I'm currently torn between drop-ins, SRI or CAI and the primary reason I'm wary of a CAI is the need to remove the bumper. Your R2C's look really nice, but unfortunately I can't seem to find them anywhere anymore, and I'd prefer the extra gains from a CAI. The bumper just makes me nervous.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:18 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by Saltman
I see your point. I had the shifter trim in the same wrap as console and was testing little highlighted areas. Didn't want to overdue it. I may swap it back and just leave the glove box. We'll see....
Not to belabor the point, but here's why I said what I did. That funky pattern on that wrap is larger than the thin bezel of shifter trim. Since you can't see the pattern, it looks awkward. Kind of sticker-bombed. I think sticker bombing came and went years ago (good riddance).

But I genuinely do have a good first impression of the larger trim piece. Over the last few years, I remember seeing a pic of someone who applied an orange/amber wrap in a bushed metallic design. Always liked that. Makes me think about playing with wrap here as well.

Anyway, good job.
The following users liked this post:
Saltman (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 11:53 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you enlarge the inlets, or just shove the rubber elbows in there? And did you get the splash shield?

I've never removed my front bumper, but was under the impression that to do a solid job with the Takeda, it helps to remove the bumper. (And that with the Stillen Gen3, you have to remove it.) I've always though that someday I would transition from the R2C to the Takeda, but the whole bumper thing keeps walking me back from the project.
I did not enlarge i do see why you would there is a lot of questionable things with the set up in all honesty including the idea of one filter and the rubber couplings i do feel you should still cut but i'm not at that level to be doing that type of stuff still learning for now may go back to it and do so but really didn't want to remove the bumper didn't want to use my favorite blanket to be sure it doesn't get scratched up. And I did use the shield i couldn't justify not especially with the weather the passed few days here in NY.

Addition: I am a pretty small 22 year old so it may have been a bit easier for me to get around with limited space but still cut up my hands a bit i was even able to get the mounts for the front tubes in which suprised me had to mess with them a bit it seemed the mounts were too small so took a lot of work to get them to connect.

I do have to say tho the feeling of doing something yourself makes me just want to learn what i can and keep going next up in about 2,000 miles ill attempt my first oil change hahaha
Old 05-18-2018, 12:00 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Not to belabor the point, but here's why I said what I did. That funky pattern on that wrap is larger than the thin bezel of shifter trim. Since you can't see the pattern, it looks awkward. Kind of sticker-bombed. I think sticker bombing came and went years ago (good riddance).

But I genuinely do have a good first impression of the larger trim piece. Over the last few years, I remember seeing a pic of someone who applied an orange/amber wrap in a bushed metallic design. Always liked that. Makes me think about playing with wrap here as well.

Anyway, good job.
I wish sticker bombing was gone completely in all honesty saw 5 kids at the mall the other day admiring a civic that had the front and back bumper "sticker bombed" and they kept saying "those bumpers are sickkk he should do the whole car like that" -_-
Old 05-18-2018, 12:44 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts

The bumper is actually pretty easy to remove, and there are walkthroughs on removing it. Honestly, it's one of those things that takes 20 minutes but makes doing the job 50% easier and you won't cut up your hands.

I've had the Takeda for 2 years now. No splash shield, and no issues, but I also don't make a habit of driving through standing water
Old 05-18-2018, 12:55 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts

Dropping the front bumper is not really that difficult. Takes about 30 minutes to do and no special tools are required. You can actually just un bolt it from the fenders on either side and the remove all of the plastic clips along the front edge where it connects to the radiator support and just leave it connected to the lower air diffuser This still gives you plenty of space to get behind it and do what you need to do. Here's a pic of my front bumper dropped this way when I installed my headlights.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:14 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Dropping the front bumper is not really that difficult. Takes about 30 minutes to do and no special tools are required. You can actually just un bolt it from the fenders on either side and the remove all of the plastic clips along the front edge where it connects to the radiator support and just leave it connected to the lower air diffuser This still gives you plenty of space to get behind it and do what you need to do. Here's a pic of my front bumper dropped this way when I installed my headlights.

Just to jump in quick. Love thats grill and the lip white and black is my favorite color combo used to have a white G35 then i went black/purple on my G37
Old 05-18-2018, 01:36 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Thanks man. Much appreciated! That grill is actually off the car and sitting in a box in my garage somewhere. LOL. I have a full CF grill on the car now, but still not sure which I prefer.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:39 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Here's a more current pic that was taken last year.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:44 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Thanks man. Much appreciated! That grill is actually off the car and sitting in a box in my garage somewhere. LOL. I have a full CF grill on the car now, but still not sure which I prefer.
Dude that looks awesome still!! i have to say i may like the carbon fiber outside and flat grille a bit more but hard decision
Old 05-18-2018, 02:49 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Really? I'm on Swift's I never had any issue with Firestone or any other aligment place
I don't know if yours is an AWD or not, but FWIW they do have less clearance than the S and it can become a hassle. My xS is on swifts and there's actually an oil change place in town with a little metal lip around their pit and I can't get the car over it. I got hung up halfway in the door when it was 10 below zero last January, lol. They weren't thrilled. The place where I get my tires installed/rotated lets me drive in onto the lift myself and I have to be real careful because any compression of the springs will cause me to catch on something. I've scraped on the center hump of worn roads that have significant dips on the sides from trucks.

My local Firestone never gave me any hassle about my lifetime alignment though. They also never gave me a really good alignment and their printer was always "broken." They weren't willing to dig in as far as was necessary with all the new adjustable parts, I think, and had the camber bolts adjusted all the way in already and it wasn't enough. I finally went to the shop where I have my mechanical work done and paid them (more) for an alignment when I got new tires and they did it right. My AS3's are wearing beautifully.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:23 PM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Want to sell me the flat black grille? I've been looking all over for a black emblemless grille.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:08 PM
Emanon
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally was able to drop the car... now on Stance XR1.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 PM
mvx
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Emanon
Finally was able to drop the car... now on Stance XR1.
It's great to see a dropped MW sedan every now and then, very nice!!
The following users liked this post:
Emanon (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:28 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 837 Likes on 716 Posts
You can see mine dropped in my MeisterR review.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?